take this to the bank on the new coach

pastor.a.we

1. He will very similar to CGC in the way he runs a program, his character, and his love for auburn.

2. We have a 60 - 40% chance he will not be white

3. Strong recruiter

4. Don't look for a coach to come from a situation like CGC but JJ Has proved before he does not care if they have a winning recoredr not just so its the right man for the job.

5. He will be able to bring energy, thrill, and fun back to AU BB.

6. He will bring people to the games.

7. This puts to rest charles barkley, mike davis, rick mojaros, and most other names being mentioned....

O and JJ PLEASE handle hiring this coach better than you handled the CGC hire

Yeah, and if you take all of this into consideration, all signs point to Chuck Person. I'm not sayin' it's good or bad, but by this criteria, he would be the guy.

1. He will very similar to CGC in the way he runs a program, his character, and his love for auburn.

2. We have a 60 - 40% chance he will not be white

3. Strong recruiter

4. Don't look for a coach to come from a situation like CGC but JJ Has proved before he does not care if they have a winning recoredr not just so its the right man for the job.

5. He will be able to bring energy, thrill, and fun back to AU BB.

6. He will bring people to the games.

7. This puts to rest charles barkley, mike davis, rick mojaros, and most other names being mentioned....

O and JJ PLEASE handle hiring this coach better than you handled the CGC hire

Yeah, and if you take all of this into consideration, all signs point to Chuck Person. I'm not sayin' it's good or bad, but by this criteria, he would be the guy.

Why do we keep bringing up Chuck Person?  What in his coaching life makes us think he would be a good head coach in college.  He sits in a chair with the Lakers but he is not even listed as an assistant coach.  He has never recruited.  He has never put a game plan together.  He has never recruited a high school kid.  Although, there is no doubt he is an Auburn man, this is not the direction we need to go with this hire.

TruTiger, Thats good because they would hire me as head coach and A4E as my assistant before offering Barkley the job. I'm sure he has had a few cocktails and was just being sarcastic but he needs to zip it. :-X I have a feeling Jacobs is gonna make a really good hire. And I like him but NO, it is not gonna be Chuck Person. :cool:

I will be shocked if it is chuck but I would not be mad

I would be shocked and mad if it was.  I would prefer someone with at least some experience in the college ranks.  It is not like the pros.  Being Ron Artest's babysitter does not make one a good college HC.

:dunno:

Ron Artest's babysitter! Hahahahaha! That was good stuff!

:laugh:  You are right GT.  That is what he is.  He was with Artest at Indiana and then when Artest was traded to Sacremento, Person was hired by them.  Artest gets traded to the Lakers and guess what?  Person was hired by them.  He is not listed as an assistant on the Lakers and he sits at the other end of the bench from the coaches. 

Ron Artest's babysitter! Hahahahaha! That was good stuff!

:laugh:  You are right GT.  That is what he is.  He was with Artest at Indiana and then when Artest was traded to Sacremento, Person was hired by them.  Artest gets traded to the Lakers and guess what?  Person was hired by them.  He is not listed as an assistant on the Lakers and he sits at the other end of the bench from the coaches. 

I meant no slight on Person.  He is still my all time favorite AU BB player.  I loved every second he was on the court for us.  I just don't feel that it means he would be a good college HC.  Now, if he started at a small school and showed that he could be successful, I would have no problems with him.  I just don't know if someone with no experience being a HC at the college level should be given a SEC HC job as his first.

I don't want to hear about a prospective coach "couldn't be any worse than Lebo".  I want to hear how he is going to be better than anyone else available.

:wedance:

Archived