Why all this about Anderson?

AuburnGrad78

It was reported openly (not just rumored) six years ago that Anderson turned Auburn down because we wouldn't bypass the three finalists route and name him head coach.  He felt that would undercut him at UAB, being an in-state school, if he didn't get the job.

That stipulation was unacceptable to the Auburn folks -- I don't remember if Baird or JJ was running the search, so he withdrew.

The question is, does that put too much history into play here?  What do y'all think?

I dont think so. I think Anderson would end up at Auburn if we pay him. Hes a great coach with a very unique style of play and also has great assistants that can recruit.

I want to say it was Baird who wouldn't go to B'ham to give the interview. But yes probably too much history now, that and he just re-worked his conract and turned down uga last year. He would still be my first choice though.

I think the bridge between Auburn and Anderson is probably burned. JJ was not the AD, but there were considerable ill feelings at the time.

Last year Georgia offered him a raise from the 1.5 mill Mizzou is paying to 2.1 mill and he turned them down, so I don't know where the Anderson talk is coming from.

They wanted Anderson to come to our campus and interview and he refused. He wanted the job, but wanted us to just offer him without an interview and we wouldn't do it.

Archived