I doubt he is interested, but the best hire would be:

BeatBama

Bobby Knight.

End of story. No I doubt we get him. No, there are no links. No, he is probably enjoying being on TV. No, he has health problems or something. No, he would just last a few years.

But it would be a freaking awesome hire.

He said recently that he wanted to get back into coaching but I'm not a fan of his. It happened a long time ago and it wasn't his fault that the refs reacted the way they did but ever since that AU/IU game back in the Person days where he threw a fit in the second half and the refs started calling everything for Indiana and nothing for Auburn I haven't liked him one bit.

he has nothing to offer AU.  His hiring would create alot of buzz that would where-off quickly and then we would be just like TT was when he was there, mediocre at best.  He couldn't get players there, and wouldn't get them here.  Yes his basketball IQ us amazing, but not good for Auburn in any way.  I love Bob Knight by the way, my in-laws are all IU grads and so I've been following him for years. 

We need a coach that can get players!

IMO his time has come and gone. let him stay right where he is right now

on t.v  being a analyst and commentating.

Guest BibliothekarTiger

No.  He knows basketball backwards and forwards but he can't control his temper.  I remember when he coached the U.S. Men and threw a chair across the court.  It was embarrassing.

He said recently that he wanted to get back into coaching but I'm not a fan of his. It happened a long time ago and it wasn't his fault that the refs reacted the way they did but ever since that AU/IU game back in the Person days where he threw a fit in the second half and the refs started calling everything for Indiana and nothing for Auburn I haven't liked him one bit.

I do remember Sonny not backing down from him as well.

I don't exactly think Knight is the right call, but I would love to get a coach that would really make headlines like a Knight hire would. I think the "up and comer" route is short for "can't get a big name and gonna go cheap, hope it works out". A big name would creat excitement along with the new arena. It is gonna take more than a young up and comer with a lot of energy to get us going right.

Bobby would bring media and television exposure, something Auburn basketball does not get period.

Bobby would bring fans, at least in the beginning.

Bobby has controlled his temper and is nowhere near how he was when at Indiana. At Texas Tech he was pretty calm.

Bobby is well known for graduating his kids and putting their education before basketball. Yes, his temper is what makes him famous, but he is a hard ass when it comes to being a good person and getting your degree. Isn't that what many Auburn fans and athletic staff claim "comes first" and what they "want."

I know he was great at IU in his days.. but texas tech?

Knight's record at Texas Tech, FWIW.

2001–2002 Texas Tech 23–9 10–6 T–3rd NCAA First Round

2002–2003 Texas Tech 22–13 6–10 T–7th NIT Semifinals

2003–2004 Texas Tech 23–11 9–7 T–5th NCAA Second Round

2004–2005 Texas Tech 22–11 10–6 4th NCAA Sweet Sixteen

2005–2006 Texas Tech 15–17 6–10 T–7th —

2006–2007 Texas Tech 21–13 9–7 5th NCAA First Round

2007–2008 Texas Tech 12–8* 3–3* T–6th* 

Texas Tech: 138–82 53–49 (*) Indicates record/standing at time

orange sweater  $75

scratches all over the brand new floor of the arena....  $2000

bobby knight choking players  .....  would be priceless!!  especially in a lawsuit!!   

:banghead: :banghead: 

I don't believe JJ would even look in his direction. He's already proven he's much more intelligent than that. Knight was a great coach of the game of basketball. The same cannot be said for him in anything else. It is not a one dimensional world.

He has had his fair share of great coaching days, but I am not sure he is meant to go back into coaching.  When I have seen him on ESPN this year, I am not impressed with his journalistic abilities, but his knowledge of basketball kind of overrides other things.  He is a good man, great basketball wizard, but not a coach again.

Archived