Houston Chronicle is reporting

Ed Tew

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Sam Houston coach Bob Marlin is interviewing today for the Auburn job.

:dunno: If we can't aim higher than this,someone needs to take away our gun. imho, yeah,yeah.I know they beat us, so what Grant did too.

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Sam Houston coach Bob Marlin is interviewing today for the Auburn job.

:dunno: If we can't aim higher than this,someone needs to take away our gun. imho, yeah,yeah.I know they beat us, so what Grant did too.

Sadly, I agree.

In 10 seasons as Sam Houston State University head men's basketball coach, Bob Marlin has directed the Bearkats to an overall record of 182 victories and 111 losses

http://www.badensports.com/coach_profile.cfm?coach_id=19

I will be severely disappointed if we hire another Lebo.

:'(

I don't think this holds water, unless candidates like Scott Drew, Tubby Smith, Tony Barbee, Billy Kennedy (Murray State), Chuck Person and Sam Mitchell have all turned us down.

And No, I didn't forget Anderson, I simply don't want him at Auburn.

Link to article???

I don't think this holds water, unless candidates like Scott Drew, Tubby Smith, Tony Barbee, Billy Kennedy (Murray State), Chuck Person and Sam Mitchell have all turned us down.

Please explain your reasoning on Anderson because I simply don't understand that logic.

Link to article???

Yeah, I went to the HC website and couldn't find it

Don't have the link, but at Chron.com it is part of a story suggesting  U of H hire Billy Gillespie with Marlin as the second choice.

The guy that i'm not fond of is Scott Drew. His scraping the paint recruiting tactics and his relationship with other Big 12 coaches rubs me the wrong way. I'm impressed with the job he's done at Baylor but i wouldn't want anyone directing our basketball program unless his image is squeaky clean.

Please explain your reasoning on Anderson because I simply don't understand that logic.

That's easy. His attitude towards Auburn stunk six years ago. I'd expect nothing but the same from him now.

Of course, you may feel free to hope he ends up here all you want, it's a free country.

The guy that i'm not fond of is Scott Drew. His scraping the paint recruiting tactics and his relationship with other Big 12 coaches rubs me the wrong way. I'm impressed with the job he's done at Baylor but i wouldn't want anyone directing our basketball program unless his image is squeaky clean.

Unfortunantely there seems to be a shortage of those in college basketball

Link to article???

Yeah, I went to the HC website and couldn't find it

I read every blog, article I could find in the Houston Chronicle and I could not find any mention of Marlin interviewing with Auburn, nor could I find any mention of Auburn.  Not trying to be confrontational jedtew, I just don't see it.

Guest BibliothekarTiger

After reading the articles in the HC and his bio Mr. Marlin could very well be a serious candidate.  I’m not endorsing him but I can understand why he would be considered.  He’s from Tupelo, Mississippi and a graduate of an SEC school, Mississippi State, with coaching experience in the Southeast and the SEC (assistant at UAT).  Here is another link for more information about him:

http://www.bobbymarlin.com/

end of bio...

As an assistant coach, Marlin helped guide the Alabama Crimson Tide to the 1996 National Invitational Final Four. Working under Dana Altman (now Creighton University head coach) at Marshall in 1989-90, he helped direct the Thundering Herd to a runner-up finish in the Southern Conference. From 1984 to 1989, Marlin served as assistant coach at Houston Baptist. The Huskies earned an NCAA Division I tournament berth in 1984 and finished among the top three teams in the TransAmerica Conference four times.

While serving as a graduate assistant at Northeast Louisiana (now Louisiana-Monroe) under former Indian Head Coach Mike Vining, Marlin coached the junior varsity and was scouting director for an NLU squad that won the TransAmerica Conference championship and earned an NCAA post-season tournament berth in 1982.

Born in Tupelo, MS, Marlin received his Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Mississippi State in 1981. He earned his Masters in Health and Physical Education (with a minor in guidance and counseling) from Northeast Louisiana in 1983. He has a son, Matt.

We could do much worse I think. I trust that Jacobs will hire the right man for the job and he may or may not be it. He is the type of coach that could move onto a big conference and succeed...

In regards to the Anderson problem with Ed Richardson, we need to remember that Anderson would have really hurt his position with UAB if he had just come running to visit AU, and he needed to have an offer to be able to return to UAB & still have a job.

I enjoyed reading his bio plus comments other coaches like Knight, Self ect. said about him.  He may not be the big name that some AU fans want but he knows how to win and recruit and he gets the most out of his players.  

Why wouldnt you want anderson hes a great recruiter and his style of basketball is extremely difficult to scout against.

I guess some people need to get over him not wanting to interview 6 YEARS ago... its not that big of deal anyway. hes the best coach we could get.. i dont think he'll want to come to AU tho but i would love to have him

Why wouldnt you want anderson hes a great recruiter and his style of basketball is extremely difficult to scout against.

I guess some people need to get over him not wanting to interview 6 YEARS ago... its not that big of deal anyway. hes the best coach we could get.. i dont think he'll want to come to AU tho but i would love to have him

But what has he done other than upsetting uk that one time? J/S and I just don't get a good vibe for him being at AU

But what has he done other than upsetting uk that one time? J/S and I just don't get a good vibe for him being at AU

What has he done?  See below:

Anderson.jpg

I think that is an impressive record, and I love his style of basketball.  We could call the new arena "HADES" and have opposing teams subjected to "40 mins of hell"

:wedance:

Archived