Houston Chronicle is reporting

Ed Tew

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that Sam Houston coach Bob Marlin is interviewing today for the Auburn job.

I think that we could do much worse.

:we:

I think that is an impressive record, and I love his style of basketball.  We could call the new arena "HADES" and have opposing teams subjected to "40 mins of hell"

If you wanna do that, why not get the real thing? Just hire Nolan Richardson instead of his clone, Anderson, and you'll be all set.

I think that is an impressive record, and I love his style of basketball.  We could call the new arena "HADES" and have opposing teams subjected to "40 mins of hell"

If you wanna do that, why not get the real thing? Just hire Nolan Richardson instead of his clone, Anderson, and you'll be all set.

Because he is 68, and coaching in the WNBA.

seriously why do people not want mike anderson?

Because he was a jackass six years ago and more than likely he's still a jackass today. Next?

seriously why do people not want mike anderson?

Because he was a jackass six years ago and more than likely he's still a jackass today. Next?

I think that had a lot to do with ego's on both parts 6 years ago.

Do you think if Anderson was to accept the position, and I don't think he will, that he is still going to bear a grudge with AU and not try to win here?  I personally don't care what he said or did 6 years ago concerning the hiring.  I think it was handled badly on both sides.  I understand some people feeling's are hurt because of how it was handled, but I thought Chizik disrespected AU a few years back when he took the same position with Texas as he had at AU.  I think letting those feelings go worked out pretty good for AU.

:dunno:

:wedance:

I will say this and I don't want to argue or go into detail, but believing Anderson was wrong in his handling of the situation 6 years ago is not knowing the entire situation.  Protocol was (unintentionally, I believe) breached on our admin's part with him being a coach in this state.

It's worth remembering that the last search occurred on the heels of SACS probation, which came about because of the established pattern of individual trustees wielding day-to-day management authority on campus, rather than the president being in charge and reporting to the entire governing board. That's an accreditation no-no. In that context, Ed Richardson was trying to make it clear publicly that he was running the search and would interview every candidate in his Samford Hall office before making an offer to any of them. That's entirely defensible.

Mike Anderson, being established at UAB, didn't want to risk his relationship with his employer's administration and fan base to make a trip down U.S. 280 without knowing he was the strong favorite if not the choice, i.e. one of those "interviews" that's really just to make sure you're candidate doesn't puke on your shoes in a face-to-face meeting. That's also entirely defensible.

Circumstances just wouldn't allow the Anderson-Auburn marriage at the time, given the two men's choices. That doesn't mean either Richardson or Anderson were wrong.

I got a bad feeling about this.  Im afraid ol Flat Bed aint openeing the billfold as promised.  The Jeff Lebo 2.0 release is due to be released.

It's worth remembering that the last search occurred on the heels of SACS probation, which came about because of the established pattern of individual trustees wielding day-to-day management authority on campus, rather than the president being in charge and reporting to the entire governing board. That's an accreditation no-no. In that context, Ed Richardson was trying to make it clear publicly that he was running the search and would interview every candidate in his Samford Hall office before making an offer to any of them. That's entirely defensible.

Mike Anderson, being established at UAB, didn't want to risk his relationship with his employer's administration and fan base to make a trip down U.S. 280 without knowing he was the strong favorite if not the choice, i.e. one of those "interviews" that's really just to make sure you're candidate doesn't puke on your shoes in a face-to-face meeting. That's also entirely defensible.

Circumstances just wouldn't allow the Anderson-Auburn marriage at the time, given the two men's choices. That doesn't mean either Richardson or Anderson were wrong.

Nail meet head!  Thanks for sharing.

good point but I doubt anderson will be at AU

I got a bad feeling about this.  Im afraid ol Flat Bed aint openeing the billfold as promised.  The Jeff Lebo 2.0 release is due to be released.

There's more to a high profile coach taking or refusing a job offer than money. For example, last year Georgia is said to have offered Mike Anderson a multi-year, 2.2 million contract. he stayed at Mizzou for 1.6.

I think JJ will spend what makes sense. If somebody wants to rob us, they're out. Works for me.

There's more to a high profile coach taking or refusing a job offer than money. For example, last year Georgia is said to have offered Mike Anderson a multi-year, 2.2 million contract. he stayed at Mizzou for 1.6.

I think JJ will spend what makes sense. If somebody wants to rob us, they're out. Works for me.

Me too MikeP.

I dont think mike anderson will be at AU either .. but he is a great coach and person

And he is successful at the major college level at more than one school:

Anderson.jpg

:wedance:

Archived