Baseball score

We lost 10-5 because another bad start for Luckie. I hope the staff will realize he obviously doesn't have what it takes to be a Friday night starter in the SEC. Jacobs came in for a great relief effort again and hopehully he has earned his spot back as the Friday night starter.

NO EXCUSES FOR ERRORS! Absolute zero. There's no excuse for errors on a high school team... AND THIS IS COLLEGE BASEBALL. Get some guys that will field cleanly and make a throw. This is getting insanely ridiculous!!!

(sorry for my vent guys but being a baseball player, this infuriates me)

NO EXCUSES FOR ERRORS! Absolute zero. There's no excuse for errors on a high school team... AND THIS IS COLLEGE BASEBALL. Get some guys that will field cleanly and make a throw. This is getting insanely ridiculous!!!

Agreed! I played baseball at a JUCO we could catch and throw. Hell, we could catch and throw when we were 8. Unacceptable!

Agreed! I played baseball at a JUCO we could catch and throw. Hell, we could catch and throw when we were 8. Unacceptable!

lets put it this way: Auburn did a terrible job recruiting talent the past 5 years if they don't have a kid that can field a groundball.. by goodness i LOVE AUBURN BASEBALL and have a really good friend thats committed there but I can't fathom how you can't recruit a team that cannot consistently field and throw.

lets put it this way: Auburn did a terrible job recruiting talent the past 5 years if they don't have a kid that can field a groundball.. by goodness i LOVE AUBURN BASEBALL and have a really good friend thats committed there but I can't fathom how you can't recruit a team that cannot consistently field and throw.

I completely agree, this defense is absolutely ridiculous.  I mean something has got to be done, and I don't care if it means ripping up the current lineup and giving some new guys a chance, but a team that consistently commits errors and cannot make simple routine baseball plays is just absurd.

Also, we've got to get Cory Luckie out of that Friday night spot.  I mean errors or not a guy a starter who can't make it through 3 innings in consecutive starts ain't gonna get it done.

Depending on how Cole Nelson pitches tomorrow, I definitely think he should get a shot.  Heck throw Dexter Price or Slade Smith out there if need be, but this Friday night effort is just ridiculous, from the pitcher as well as the defense.

I'm very much guilty, but maybe we aren't as good as we though we were. Yes, we swept Georgia but they are supposed to be the worst team in the SEC. We get South Carolina and lose 2 out of 3 and get shut out on Saturday. Alabama takes game 1 and we look absolutely pathetic. We can't seem to be able to field a ground ball, and catching pop flies seem to be a foreign subject to us now. I know it's only the 3rd series of the SEC schedule, but a serious person cannot be encouraged about what he/she has seen of this team lately. We better turn it around quickly or the Georgia series might be the highlight of the year. And we will be watching the SEC tourney from our couches......again.

I was at the game and told a friend before the game if we lose it will be because of our defense. And they didn't let me down. We will continue to lose games in the SEC as long as we make errors at a terrible rate. Errors are a direct reflection on poor coaching at such a high level. And nothing against Cory Luckie as a person but as a pitcher he is not a strong enough pitcher to be pitching on Fridays in the SEC. Jacobs pitched well in relief last night and honestly I think he deserves a spot in the rotation with the recent troubles

I agree about the coaching part. I was a shortstop. You know what I did all practice in both high school and college? I took ground ball after ground ball after ground ball. You know what else? I can still field one to this day and throw it to first without a problem. No excuse for an 18-22 year old not to be able too.

I don't think we've gone an SEC game without an error this year... Personally I think our weekend rotation should be Friday - Nelson

Saturday - Dayton

Sunday - Price

Jacobs got pounded last year and early this year as the Friday starter and Luckie seems to have lost it mentally. We need Cole to have a big game today and the bats back him up. Against SC he pitched an incredible game but the lineup didn't give em any help. Need to beat the turds this afternoon

Hahaha my bad guys. Call me a dumba**, I deserve it. I was watching the gametraker from last night's game. Sorry about that.

Ok. You're a dum...  :laugh:  :laugh:  J/K!!!  I have done that before. 

Archived