Luke Cothron expected to pick the turds

Tiger Growlin

Al.com reporting that Cothron is expected to sign with the turds over AU and Marquette. Kentucky and Tenn have been eliminated. He's only visited the turds at this point. He's from Huntsville and grew up a turd fan. I thought we had a decent shot at him but I guess not.

Don't give up hope on him yet.  I am hearing that it is not over.

I agree...from what I hear...all Barbee has to do is get in the door and he sells his program like no one else.

:wedance:

That's great news! I know with our incoming class it'll be tough to sign anyone, but I know 2 are asking for their release, and some may not qualify academically. I hope he's able to get to enough unsigned talent to make an impact on next years roster.

I agree GA. I took from his comments that turd town is where he wants to be but I also took in the fact that if he was totally sold he would've already committed to that school. There is still time left to make an impression on him.

The great thing about Barbee is that he is going to get who he wants.  I love having awesome recruiters not only in football now, but heading up our basketball program too.

Great times for Auburn are ahead.

This is no "FWIW, I've heard.......", this is what I see with my own 2 eyes. No joke, I was legally blind for 6 months about a year 1/2 ago when i was 17, so if I'm seeing wrong please feel free to correct me. But autigers.com, our scout.com affiliate, has Luke Cothron down to us and UConn. Everybody else, inculding the turds, is listed as him having "No" interest in their program. Also says that we have yet to offer. Not sure how true this info is but here's the link so you guys can take a look.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=3867285

The great thing about Barbee is that he is going to get who he wants. 

No coach, not Bryant, not John Wooden, no coach ever has signed every player he wants. Barbee won't either.

No coach, not Bryant, not John Wooden, no coach ever has signed every player he wants. Barbee won't either.

Very true- Barbee although a potentially great coach-is not Superman. Him getting anyone he wants is a bit wishful thinking, there will be some growing pains for sure. I love the attitude though, we need more of that around the BB program!

This is no "FWIW, I've heard.......", this is what I see with my own 2 eyes. No joke, I was legally blind for 6 months about a year 1/2 ago when i was 17, so if I'm seeing wrong please feel free to correct me. But autigers.com, our scout.com affiliate, has Luke Cothron down to us and UConn. Everybody else, inculding the turds, is listed as him having "No" interest in their program. Also says that we have yet to offer. Not sure how true this info is but here's the link so you guys can take a look.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=3867285

Just my opinion but Scout seems to be all over the place with recruiting in basketball and football.  I would go with the Rivals site that shows him having medium interest in Auburn, bama and Marquette with offers from each.  I will say that I wonder if Kentucky will go after him considering what all they lost.  I do believe they have bigger fish out there though.

Very true- Barbee although a potentially great coach-is not Superman. Him getting anyone he wants is a bit wishful thinking, there will be some growing pains for sure. I love the attitude though, we need more of that around the BB program!

Sorry for the hyperbole, but what I meant was that I feel if Barbee gets his sights set on someone, he has as good or better shot of luring him to AU as any other coach.  I think he will be the best basketball recruiter we have ever had at AU.  I didn't mean that all he has to do is make a wish list and he will magically sign them all.

AU,UT or Uconn

uat is out of it.

That's awesome- where did you hear that?

its coming straight from Barbee himself  :P

That would be a surprise since coaches can`t talk about recruits. Where did you here that or get that info?

new to the board, cant tell sources.

langford is ours could be this week when he announces

Great to hear. I hope you are right.

Archived