ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Braves kill the Mets and Dickey. Sutton just named Bo the pitcher of the game after throwing out the first pitch today.. Apparently Brave pitchers were not impressive today.

No pitcher was impressive. Everyone sucked on the mound.

I'm liking this team with the exception of the bullpen. The moves late in spring training to acquire Livan and Durbin are just as curious now as they were then--both have sucked. As I think I said a couple weeks ago, I understand the Livan acquisition a tad more but with all the arms we have in the farm system I'd rather see some of those up to round out the bullpen. And Livan is obviously a long guy in the pen--but we already have Christian Maritnez and Kris Medlen for those roles so  :dunno:

Our pen is our greatest strength.Livan will help us in the longrun.He will eat up innings,which will save O'Flaherty and Venters from breaking down from to many innings,like they did last year.We can use Livan in games where the score is out of hand and Medlen and Martinez and OFlaherty can take some innings off here and there.Those innings will and up come August,and Medlen and co. will be fresher.

I panic when Durbin takes the hill, but i like the livan pickup. im no expert but i do watch every game, and last year he did work when the braves met. on that note i was trying to figure out why livan has not been used as much as durbin...wonder if hes having trouble getting loose quick in the pen?

I panic when Durbin takes the hill, but i like the livan pickup. im no expert but i do watch every game, and last year he did work when the braves met. on that note i was trying to figure out why livan has not been used as much as durbin...wonder if hes having trouble getting loose quick in the pen?

Livan did a great job of beating the Braves his whole career. That's why we signed him, Wren appears to only know about/ cares about getting players that have a good history against the Braves. Livan hasn't really been impressive in his 4 appearances this year. He's pitched 7.2 innings, but given up 4 runs all earned with 11 hits.

JJ sent to the minors to try and get his stuff together. http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2012_04_23_atlmlb_lanmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=atl

I remember thinking how stupid it was to have Jurjens on the trading block this spring. I hope it didn't screw with his head too much, and I hope we didn't make a mistake pulling the trigger with trading him.

Great start by Beachy tonight. Struck out Kemp and Ethier on two BEAUTIFUL fastballs on the black. Let's see if he can keep it up.

OMG!! Did anyone see the Dodgers closer take that line drive from Mac to the face?!? Glad dude is ok.

Glad we made a rally too!  :thumbsup:

OMG!! Did anyone see the Dodgers closer take that line drive from Mac to the face?!? Glad dude is ok.

Oh yeah! I jumped off my couch. I thought he was gonna be hurt bad. I think it messed with his head though. And how about Chipper Jones? That guy just keeps finding ways to help this team win.

Oh yeah! I jumped off my couch. I thought he was gonna be hurt bad. I think it messed with his head though. And how about Chipper Jones? That guy just keeps finding ways to help this team win.

That man can definitely still hit. Just incredible. I still expect him to get hurt every time he makes a sudden movement, though.

That man can definitely still hit. Just incredible. I still expect him to get hurt every time he makes a sudden movement, though.

^^This. Chip can still mash but I cringe every time he moves.

A shot like their closer took really sticks in a pitcher's mind. I took a line-drive off my planted leg that literally flipped me 360 in the air and completely shattered my ankle. Lost an SEC scholarship because of it. Anytime a ball is hit up the middle now(on TV) I flinch and get a little sick to my stomach...

Javy Guerra last night getting hit. His very lucky

I kind of figured that if Wren were to trade any of the starters Jurrjens was the guy.  I think the guy can be solid but he has never been able to have consistent mechanics. 

Excuse me for not reading all329 pages and just being a part time fan. Did hayward lose weight? He looks much slimmer this year. He frustrares by getting behind in the count looking every time(it seems).