ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

If i remember right, the Yankees started the same way last season.  They ended up not doing so bad in the end. ;)

So true, hopefully the same thing will happen this year.

If i remember right, the Yankees started the same way last season.  They ended up not doing so bad in the end. ;)

So true, hopefully the same thing will happen this year.

Just not for the yankees  ;D

I read on the Braves website that Glaus said the Angels team that won the World Series had the same early struggles with an identical record at the time of the comment 10-14.  He said they knew they had the team to do it but just werent playing like it.  He said the same attitude is the same for Atlanta this year.  Hopefully he will be prohetic and the braves will make a run.  If J-hey keeps it up we will be in good shape.  I wish Chipper would move out of the 3 spot for the good of the team.  A .200 hittwer in the 3 is killing us, at least til he finds the stroke again.  Right now he is a double play machine.

not sure ... you think J-hey will be there eventually?

I know it sounds crazy but I like the idea of McCann, Heyward or Prado in the 3 hole.  The whole spot of the 3 hole is to have someone that can offer production in the first inning.  That's why Pujols hits third for the Cardinals.  Prado is the most consistent hiter on the team BY FAR, so he will produce.  Heyward has the power to do it, plus he'd get pitches with McCann waiting behind him.  If you move McCann up then hiot Glaus four (he's swingin a hot stick right now) and Heyward fifth.  It would look like this:

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

Prado

McCann

Glaus

Heyward

Chipper

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

(pitcher)

Now when Tim Hudson witches you'd have to account for David Ross playing so you could go:

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

Prado

Heyward

Glaus

Chipper

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

Ross

Cabrera/Escobar/Mclouth

(pitcher)

Then you can always wut Diaz in for Mclouth or Cabrera.

If there is any team I want to stick it to this year ... it is the gNats.  When we were rolling at times last year, they would beat us a majority of the time even though we were far superior.  I hope they bring up strasburg so we can welcome him properly. :thumbsup:

The Nats were a big reason why the Braves didn't make the playoffs.  The Braves could not beat the Nats for some reason.

Wow, i turn to and the first pitch i watch the Florence native Josh Willingham hits a solo bomb. 1-1 in the 2nd.

Well thanks westie!!  I hope you aren't watching anymore. 

Wow, i turn to and the first pitch i watch the Florence native Josh Willingham hits a solo bomb. 1-1 in the 2nd.

Well thanks westie!!  I hope you aren't watching anymore. 

Since i've been watching we've failed to get an out. Hit by Pudge, Hit by Bernadina now.

Heyward is a MAN! That was a freaking shot that he just hit.

I don't know that I have ever seen anybody his age with the plate discipline he has.  He really is amazing. 

At least Glaus is starting to come along.

We just suck at RISP right now.

It's so frustrating.

Beyond frustrating.  Gotta keep our hopes up, though, because if they all start clicking at the same time then that team can do some damage.

I was most impressed with the plate discipline he showed by laying off the livan hernandez curve for ball 4 on a full count.  His swing reminds me of Crime Dog McGriff; he gets good wood on the ball but you dont realize how much power is in the swing when he makes contact ... you just see it go over the center field wall.  Wow!

I was most impressed with the plate discipline he showed by laying off the livan hernandez curve for ball 4 on a full count.  His swing reminds me of Crime Dog McGriff; he gets good wood on the ball but you dont realize how much power is in the swing when he makes contact ... you just see it go over the center field wall.  Wow!

The kid is pretty phenominal, isn't he?  He's gonna be fun to watch for many a year.