ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

I love how he says he feels he is doing his job ... Could have fooled me unless his job is hitting into double plays and not being able to make the plays at 3rd.  I have actually always liked chipper but this season is continuing to show that he is not the reliable player at 3rd base that we used to know.  I am afraid he will keep Atlanta from getting an up and coming 3rd baseman in line if he stays.  Just my thoughts.

I love how he says he feels he is doing his job ... Could have fooled me unless his job is hitting into double plays and not being able to make the plays at 3rd. I have actually always liked chipper but this season is continuing to show that he is not the reliable player at 3rd base that we used to know. I am afraid he will keep Atlanta from getting an up and coming 3rd baseman in line if he stays. Just my thoughts.

Wow, I wasn't aware he is tied for the league lead in walks. As long as his OBP stays at or around .402 then I'll give him a little more slack for a poor avg.

As much as I have loved Chipper, I feel like he is hurting us at #3 in the lineup. with all of his walks, he should bat later on in the lineup and we should let j-hey bat 3rd. he is the real deal

As much as I have loved Chipper, I feel like he is hurting us at #3 in the lineup. with all of his walks, he should bat later on in the lineup and we should let j-hey bat 3rd. he is the real deal

Totally agree with you.  J-hey is a #3 hitter.  Chipper won't leave that spot unless he volunteers, which as a team leader you would think he would.

I also think that when Yunel  comes back we ought to have Infante or Hinske play every day in Left field because Hinske tears the ball up when he gets to play

That along with Matt Diaz struggling this year.  I really thought matt was going to step up this year.

I also think that when Yunel  comes back we ought to have Infante or Hinske play every day in Left field because Hinske tears the ball up when he gets to play

Agreed. Hinske's been raking this year, far outperforming Diaz and Melky.

Good win tonight. It seams we can only hit after the 5th inning though but good to see pretty much everyone hitting the ball. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Nate hit a homer he's been in a bit of a slump. Also glad they went with Hinske in left field. He's been on fire at the plate lately

Good win tonight. It seams we can only hit after the 5th inning though but good to see pretty much everyone hitting the ball. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Nate hit a homer he's been in a bit of a slump. Also glad they went with Hinske in left field. He's been on fire at the plate lately

Hinske's been our best option in Left all year long. We are a dang good team on the mound i'll tell you what. I'm excited and still think we're in it.. just win baseball games.

Hinske's been our best option in Left all year long. We are a dang good team on the mound i'll tell you what. I'm excited and still think we're in it.. just win baseball games.

We're definently still in it, especially since they're actually hitting the ball. I might be wrong but I believe if we sweep the dbacks we'll be back at or over .500

Good news then. I think we've got a very good shot at sweeping the dbacks and after that we've got the mets (waiting for some payback on them) and the reds coming. This should be a fun home stand

That game was downright ugly. What the *$^% happened to McLouth on that popup? The only good thing is that they were hitting the ball early, they just weren't able to score

Oh and I really like the lineup right now:

Prado

Heyward

Chipper

Glaus

McCann

Hinske

Escobar

McLouth

Pitcher

Its the next best thing to getting Chipper out of that 3 spot. Ive been waiting for them to put Prado at 1 I think he's a perfect fit. Oh and here's a question. WHat do you guys think about switching Infante in for McLouth at cf? If he can do the fielding alright he's hitting much better. IMHO Mclouth, as of now, is the one weakness in the hitting and Infante's been on fire (went 4 for 4 in his last game).

McLouth has been hitting the ball as of late. he is coming around. i really like infante, but Nate can play some center field (minus the blunder last night) I would rather have infante at 2nd and Prado at 3rd base... just my opinion