CHICAGO CUBS THREAD!!!

abrnfanatc

Marmol shouldnt pitch another game in a cubs uniform they need to get rid of him now im so tired of him blowing games. but at least we got the win today 160-2 here we come!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least there wasn't a blown save.  :thumbsup: As a longtime Cubbie fan, I've learned to put a little humor when it comes to these things. Ha!

I've been here for a while and I just now notice my Cubbies have a thread? The shame!

It was refreshing to see the Cubs fighting back in the 9th Monday night. They didn't get it done of course, but teams of old would just go through the motions to get off the field. This team feels like the Cubs teams I grew up watching in the 90s. There were some awful teams, but some great games.

I will say tho, I was a bit disappointed with the reception Aramis received. He's the second best third baseman in Cubs history and he got the same crowd reaction as Omar Infante would get.

I've been here for a while and I just now notice my Cubbies have a thread? The shame!

It was refreshing to see the Cubs fighting back in the 9th Monday night. They didn't get it done of course, but teams of old would just go through the motions to get off the field. This team feels like the Cubs teams I grew up watching in the 90s. There were some awful teams, but some great games.

I will say tho, I was a bit disappointed with the reception Aramis received. He's the second best third baseman in Cubs history and he got the same crowd reaction as Omar Infante would get.

A lot of people cheered for Aramis, but a few booed. However I think everyone should have cheered for him. I mean he wanted to stay with the Cubs, but managment wanted to go another way.

This is going to be a rough year just don't have much offense and NO bullpen at all. Starting Rotation seems to be decent though.

Are you trying to tell me Carlos Marmol isn't a good option out of the pen?? :laugh::tease:

• 2 weeks later...

It's been cold at Wrigley the past two nights, but it was worth it! When was the last time the Cubs came back in the 9th inning two games in a row? It's been a while!

I might go down later today and try out for the closers role. If they don't have a better option than Marmol, I might have a shot!  :P

This is going to be a rough year just don't have much offense and NO bullpen at all. Starting Rotation seems to be decent though.

Are you trying to tell me Carlos Marmol isn't a good option out of the pen?? :laugh::tease:

absolutely

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum informed Carlos Marmol Friday that he is out as the closer, a day after the struggling reliever blew a 3-0 ninth-inning lead in a loss to the Cincinnati Reds.......

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7890156/carlos-marmol-chicago-cubs-closer

CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum informed Carlos Marmol Friday that he is out as the closer, a day after the struggling reliever blew a 3-0 ninth-inning lead in a loss to the Cincinnati Reds.......

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7890156/carlos-marmol-chicago-cubs-closer

Go Reds! :thumbsup:

Boo! lol

Boo! lol

My Reds would be a lot better if they didn't have that exCub manager!!!  ;D

My last four games at Wrigley has seen a 9th inning comeback and then a win. I could get used to this! Heading back tonight, I could use a normal win this time  :thumbsup:

Archived