Favorite fight songs

SLAG-91

No particular order here...list as many or as few as you like.

* Texas A&M (Aggie War Hymn)

* Southern Cal (Men of Troy/Fight On)

* Notre Dame (Wake Up The Echoes)

* Michigan (Hail To The Victors)

For the record, I detest Notre Dame, but their fight song is outstanding.

Most annoying: "Boomer Sooner" without any close seconds...at least Alabama's has more than two words and their band does know more than one song.

Michigan.

Miss St has worst fight song and worst band in the history of collegiate competition of any kind. Even back when college bands were just a couple of kids with instruments they made at home.

I went to the citrus bowl when we played michigan and on the way up me and my brother kept talking about how we were looking forward to hearing "Hail to the Victors". It was really cool to hear it live. It would have been much better if we had won but it was a heckuva game.

Same thing with usc but it woulda been better if they had brought a bigger crowd.

FSU's is one of the coolest but their fans are so obnoxious they have ruined it for many! They play it on SST as a lead in sometimes and it sounds really cool when you seperate it from their fan base.

The most important thing for any school is VARIETY!!!!!! UT comes in and by the end of the 1st quarter you have had enough of rocky top. Same thing with psu and WE ARE - PENN ST!. Thats not their fight song but good lord on the overkill. Learn a new cheer and teach your band a few more songs.

"Wake up the Echoes"....Notre Dame.....

That song IS College Football to so many. Besides, $puaters simply HATE it ! ! ! :lol:

I hate me for liking LSU's intro to their fight song because it represents all that in unholy in thos world, but nothing sends the cholls up my spine and brings me to near tears the way our pre-game march in pre fight song drum cadence does thirty minutes prior to kickoff on Satudrdays!

I can't believe nobody has brought up Georgia Tech's "Ramblin Wreck". It was ranked the number 1 fight song in America just ahead of Notre Dame and Michigan in a major news outlet (dont remember which one)...but the lyrics really are great. It's got a cool beat to it as well.

With that being said...i will admit that nothing can tough "War Eagle!"...can September PLEASE hurry up!

Archived