FL to get a double slice of hurricane pie?

SLAG-91

Dunno, but Gainesville is getting hella rain right now. OF course, rain in Florida is like a cop in a doughnut shop -- so who knows.

Well I would never wish a hurricane on anyone, except al quaeda, I guess. However, wouldn't it be a hoot if both of them were destined to hit florida and they had used clyde for the c name? Bonnie and Clyde hit florida!

My family and I are going to Florida next weekend. We had originally planned to go this week, luckily plans changed. Let's just hope there isn't a third one brewing

Charley is whipping Ft. Myers' ass right now...thing was dang near a Cat 5 at 1 PM CST.

The projected path looks like it's going to take it back into the Atlantic before landfalling again in South Carolina.

Well, Florida did get it, but so did we up in SC. I work for local news in Charleston, SC, and have been covering these two storms for about 72 hours straight. We got some pretty serious wind and rain, but fortunately nothing terrible, and no one killed around here.

Unfortunately, parts of Florida got hit extremely hard, with at least 15 deaths, so we feel particularly lucky here, no matter how tired we are.

War Eagle.

Yeah, charley pulled a hugo and strengthened right before landfall.

We got lucky with Opal a few years back. It had 155-160 mph sustained winds a few hours before hitting shore. By the time it reach fla. it was down to 130 +-.

As strong as it was when it hit SW Florida, it could have been much worse...it was a fast moving storm the entire time. Had it been a slow mover at that strength, even more damage could have been done.

Now there's Earl

out in the Caribbean...WAY too early to know where it's gonna end up, though.

As strong as it was when it hit SW Florida, it could have been much worse...it was a fast moving storm the entire time. Had it been a slow mover at that strength, even more damage could have been done.

Now there's Earl

out in the Caribbean...WAY too early to know where it's gonna end up, though.

they say earl could end up in the gulf.......Danielle is suppose to turn north and miss everyone....

Archived