With the new practice facility......

WDEAUB

And the Watson Fieldhouse becoming practice facilities for other sports, will AU gymnastics finally be able to compete with the tops in the SEC? I'm not a big fan of gymnastics but I enjoy all AU sports, and would love to go support our girls but I'm tired of us being in the lower end of the SEC. Now I realize the SEC is the toughest conference for the sport and our girls would dominate most any other school, aside from maybe UCLA. But the SEC is the toughest conference in just about every sport with the only exception I can think of. AU is climbing to the top in all of these other sports and we should be there soon with the momentum we have. So with our new facilities, will that be enough to draw some of the top talent away from the likes of UGA, UF, and uat? As I said, every other sport is climbing to the point where we can compete with anyone, can this happen with gymnastics as well?

• 3 weeks later...

i don't really see how the new practice facilities would be any help to the gymnasts. they need certain equipment and they have all the equipment they need at the gymnastics center. i could be wrong though.

Archived