Ja'Juan Story to Florida

amyjones17

thought he wanted to come to AU? oh well where di you see this? got a website?

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jun/28/nature-coast-wr-jajuan-story-orally-commits-florid/

He didnt exactly want to come to AU, he just wanted an offer. He just wanted to rack up on offers, then slim down his choices. Not really a surprise, he was expected to stay in state, at either UF or FSU

It seems to me that a lot of names I was hearing early in the process are going elsewhere this year. I am sure our staff is working as hard as ever, and I have the utmost confidence in them, but I am starting to wonder if teams aren't really negatively talking about Auburn. I am sure our staff brought in a class last year that made other coaches in the SEC nervous, and now they realize we are players again for the top talent. Just a thought.

It seems to me that a lot of names I was hearing early in the process are going elsewhere this year. I am sure our staff is working as hard as ever, and I have the utmost confidence in them, but I am starting to wonder if teams aren't really negatively talking about Auburn. I am sure our staff brought in a class last year that made other coaches in the SEC nervous, and now they realize we are players again for the top talent. Just a thought.

It is the same way every year. We aren't going to get every kid we want, especially recruiting highly sought after prospects with offers from other top schools. We are actually starting off better this year than most.

We have a limited number of scholarships, just like every other team, so I am sure that CGC and the rest of the coaching staff are trying to find the guys who are the BEST FIT for Auburn.  The best part is I truly believe that the kids we are recruiting now are going to see the field and contribute.  A lot of our previous recruiting classes would have some great players, but only a handful would ever make it to their senior season.

..... The best part is I truly believe that the kids we are recruiting now are going to see the field and contribute.  A lot of our previous recruiting classes would have some great players, but only a handful would ever make it to their senior season.

Uh, Ricky, we will have 20 seniors this year. That's way more than a handful.

..... The best part is I truly believe that the kids we are recruiting now are going to see the field and contribute.  A lot of our previous recruiting classes would have some great players, but only a handful would ever make it to their senior season.

^^^^^^^^and of those seniors---how many start and how many are major backups with no replacements?^^^

^^^^^^^^and of those seniors---how many start and how many are major backups with no replacements?^^^

Over half of them start.

Over half of them start.

^^^^^^^^^nooooooooooooo..only the starters start>>>correct...the others are what? 3rd team..backups..what?

Over half of them start.

^^^^^^^^^nooooooooooooo..only the starters start>>>correct...the others are what? 3rd team..backups..what?

There are over ten seniors that will be starters barring injury. That's over half of 20. If you want to know how many are top reserves, go pull out a roster and count. You can do that as well as I can and you are the one that's curious.

easy argument to end!!!!   That is where the Juco's come into play.. Help us build back what Turberville screwed us on..........NOT!!!! Replacing the non-Q's and the ones that left and/or either got booted from the team.. Yes, we have seniors leaving/OFF line...but/ Juco's will help us get back to our normal..I like Juco's--who says it is wrong to bring a kid back into a major college program just because his grades were not up to par at that time...People change//some for the better and some for the worse but>>>>>>>>>>everyone deserves a second chance!!!!!!!!!!!! atleast, that is my belief......

Over half of them start.

There are over ten seniors that will be starters barring injury. That's over half of 20. If you want to know how many are top reserves, go pull out a roster and count. You can do that as well as I can and you are the one that's curious.

^^^^^^^^^^you are the one that brought up the subject...so backup what you preach!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^ WDE

Actually, RR brought up the subject. There are 14 seniors expected to start. You go find the reserves if you are that interested.

It is the same way every year. We aren't going to get every kid we want, especially recruiting highly sought after prospects with offers from other top schools. We are actually starting off better this year than most.

And don't forget that names will pop out of nowhere later in the year as well.  I remember not hearing Corey Lemonier's name mentioned for Auburn until the last few months.  Same with Jeffrey Whitaker.  Cameron Newton happened in like a month.  Now all these guys were recruited for much longer than that, but not much is reported because they stay quiet until they get serious.  Guys like these will start to come out of the woodwork over the course of the recruiting season.

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jun/28/nature-coast-wr-jajuan-story-orally-commits-florid/

He didnt exactly want to come to AU, he just wanted an offer. He just wanted to rack up on offers, then slim down his choices. Not really a surprise, he was expected to stay in state, at either UF or FSU

If we can re-sign Jeremy Richardson, I would be happy just taking him. A rew might disagree with that... but its not like we NEED WR right now... The core of the group are mainly Freshman/Soph.

If we can re-sign Jeremy Richardson, I would be happy just taking him. A rew might disagree with that... but its not like we NEED WR right now... The core of the group are mainly Freshman/Soph.

G A and I agree on something! One quality WR is plenty this year. If we happen to add one plus Richardson the other guy should be a one of a kind guy, great prospect. Otherwise, we have more pressing needs at other positions.

Question: when can we re-offer Richardson? We're all pretty positive he'll choose to come back, and hopefully Shon Coleman too. When can they recommit?

Question: when can we re-offer Richardson? We're all pretty positive he'll choose to come back, and hopefully Shon Coleman too. When can they recommit?

Offers and commits can be done at any time. There is nothing binding about either.So we can re-offer them any time we want to. I think it's understood that they both have an offer that they will accept.

When we can re-sign them depends on how Richardson's grades come along. If a slot opens we could re-sign him in January, but it looks like the February signing period will be the first opening available. February is the most likely time for Shon Coleman to re-sign as well.

G A and I agree on something! One quality WR is plenty this year. If we happen to add one plus Richardson the other guy should be a one of a kind guy, great prospect. Otherwise, we have more pressing needs at other positions.

Yeah Richardson and a plus one would be fine... especially with Trooper Taylor's recruiting skills... if he finds a good one out there... go ahead and take him if he wants to come.

Otherwise... we look good at WR for a couple of years.

Archived