Coach Tuberville's thoughts on the Big 12-2

Guest BibliothekarTiger

I think its gonna probably blow up within 2 years. How is the Big 12-2 gonna genrate near the amount of money as the SEC? Seriously, losing the 2 most storied programs from one side of your division = better and more money???? I believe Nebraska refuses to pay (which is where a sizable portion of the money is coming from). And I for one don't blame them. Afterall the cowards in Austin started the mess and when everybody realizes the money isn't coming then I suspect its gonna look like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

In the same interview he talked about trying to run the Airraid at Auburn with Tony Franklin.  He said the primary reason for making that decision was to appeal to recruits playing in similar systems in high school.  He had me that far.  Then he started saying that we tried running something that was very similar and tried to do basically the same thing.  Unless he was talking about the tempo, I'd either knows offense far less than I thought or more likely, just didn't pay that much attention to Auburn this past year.

The big whatever it is now will eventually collapse under its own weight. Texas may hasten this along if it tries to go independent. But, make no mistake losing nebraska was big and they take more from the now weakened big 12 than they add to the big 10 +1.

Archived