Ameer Abdullah

au03cobrafan

I wish the coaches would hurry up and get this kid an offer.  I don't care about size because I believe this guy loves Auburn and I believe heart often trumps physical shortcomings.

I wish the coaches would hurry up and get this kid an offer.  I don't care about size because I believe this guy loves Auburn and I believe heart often trumps physical shortcomings.

Auburn has his interest, and I think an offer will really make him an Auburn lean. Give the coaches some time.. I think itll work out for the best.

If/when the coaches decide he's an SEC quality prospect and fills a need for us, he'll get an offer. It's rather clear that the time for that hasn't come yet.

while i think he would be great at RB or DB, we will see our staff make the right decision.

If/when the coaches decide he's an SEC quality prospect and fills a need for us, he'll get an offer. It's rather clear that the time for that hasn't come yet.

^^^ this.... it's awful funny, how not too long ago, we had people on here talking about seeing this kid play, and none thought he was SEC material. Now, he has a few good showings at camps, and some of you people are ready to put the future of the program on the kids shoulders. There is a reason he doesn't have an offer (there are obviously reasons that he doesn't have many offers at all). The coaches know what they're looking for, chill out...

Perhaps theres other info we dont know about yet... like holding out for another top prospect?

Recruiting is a never-ending circus... we just have to sit back and enjoy the wait.

Perhaps theres other info we dont know about yet... like holding out for another top prospect?

Exactly. If we're in good shape with Blakeley, Hart, Bray and so forth he wouldn't be filling a need for us and we may not offer him.

What is his time in the forty?

4.6 FLAT, with flip flops on... I think he would've had a much better time, if they wouldn't have made him do circles with his forehead on the end of a bat that was touching the ground, before hand. Just think what kind of time he would've had if he would've ran in the right direction.

Who cares? What if he ran a 4.3 forty? Would that suddenly change anything?

This board has an unjustified affinity towards forty times.

Its not just this board, brah. NFL scouts care about the 40, college coaches care about the 40, heck everybody cares about the 40. It's a dumb measurement to place so much stock into IMO, but it's just how speed is judged. He's just asking a question, take a chill pill.

BTW, he runs a 4.51

Bo Jackson ran a 4.1 40.  Just sayin  :dunno:

no actually this board seems to think the 40 yard dash doesn't matter.. its no coincidence that the chris johnson ran a 4.2 forty and is one of the best RB's in the nfl.. its a good way to measure speed for RB,CB,LB,S,and other skill positions

no actually this board seems to think the 40 yard dash doesn't matter.. its no coincidence that the chris johnson ran a 4.2 forty and is one of the best RB's in the nfl.. its a good way to measure speed for RB,CB,LB,S,and other skill positions

its not that the 40 doesn't matter, its just that there are far more important things than it.  Look at Dexter McCluster, he ran a 4.51 i believe, but we couldn't contain him at all when we played.  lateral quickness and explosiveness are much more important.  3 cone drills and 20 yard shuttles are much more telling about rb's to me.

Its not just this board, brah. NFL scouts care about the 40, college coaches care about the 40, heck everybody cares about the 40. It's a dumb measurement to place so much stock into IMO, but it's just how speed is judged.

BTW, he runs a 4.51

Apparently you don't follow the draft very closely, because guys who get drafted higher than they should because of forty times are usually busts. Are you guys the grandchildren of Al Davis?

Carnell Williams - 4.5

Jerry Rice - 4.7

Terrell Davis - 4.7

Emmit Smith - 4.7-4.8

Anquan Boldin - 4.7

Frank Gore - 4.65

Dez Bryant(Awesome college receiver if you've not been living in a hole) - 4.6

Larry Fitzgerald - 4.63

Chris Carter - ..really slow.

Its not just this board, brah. NFL scouts care about the 40, college coaches care about the 40, heck everybody cares about the 40. It's a dumb measurement to place so much stock into IMO, but it's just how speed is judged.

BTW, he runs a 4.51

Apparently you don't follow the draft very closely, because guys who get drafted higher than they should because of forty times are usually busts. Are you guys the grandchildren of Al Davis?

Carnell Williams - 4.5

Jerry Rice - 4.7

Terrell Davis - 4.7

Emmit Smith - 4.7-4.8

Anquan Boldin - 4.7

Frank Gore - 4.65

Larry Fitzgerald - 4.63

That doesnt mean scouts dont care about the 40. They still consider the 40 one of the most important drills in the combine. All those guys arent known for their speed, which is evident by their 40. They make up for their lack of speed in other areas that they excel in. Nobody here said you need a good 40 time to be a good player, but it does mean youre fast. If youre fast, it definately helps

BTW, he runs a 4.51

Carnell Williams - 4.5

Jerry Rice - 4.7

Terrell Davis - 4.7

Emmit Smith - 4.7-4.8

Anquan Boldin - 4.7

Frank Gore - 4.65

Larry Fitzgerald - 4.63

That doesnt mean scouts dont care about the 40. They still consider the 40 one of the most important drills in the combine. All those guys arent known for their speed, which is evident by their 40. They make up for their lack of speed in other areas that they excel in. Nobody here said you need a good 40 time to be a good player, but it does mean youre fast. If youre fast, it definately helps

I don't care what the scouts care about. Scouts are wrong all the time. I could be an NFL scout. They look at numbers are take their best guess on who to draft, it's not as technical as you believe it to be. How often, especially as a RB, are you going to run 40 yards unimpeded? Maybe once in an entire season, if you're lucky. Plus, the NFL combine is a joke. You see poor performers go out to the combine and wow scouts every year, and then they get drafted higher than they should have end end up performing as poorly as they did in college.

Bo Jackson ran a 4.1 40.   Just sayin  :dunno:

Sorry, as much as I would like to believe that.........I don't. :cool:

I don't care what the scouts care about. Scouts are wrong all the time. I could be an NFL scout. They look at numbers are take their best guess on who to draft, it's not as technical as you believe it to be. How often, especially as a RB, are you going to run 40 yards unimpeded? Maybe once in an entire season, if you're lucky. Plus, the NFL combine is a joke. You see poor performers go out to the combine and wow scouts every year, and then they get drafted higher than they should have end end up performing as poorly as they did in college.

Well you can have that opinion, it's not going to change anything. The fact of the matter is speed is something all players want. The 40 judges speed, so it's going to be important.

This times are unofficial. Unofficial or not, these guys are blazing fast.

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/5923/sports++recreation/nfls+unofficial+fastest+40yard+dash+times.aspx

Biggest load of crap I've seen in a while.  Ted Ginn ran a 4.06? Yeah; and I'm Denzel Washington.  All of those are BS "reported" times...kind of like how apparently anyone who ever runs a forty at Virginia Tech runs a 4.2.

This times are unofficial. Unofficial or not, these guys are blazing fast.

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/5923/sports++recreation/nfls+unofficial+fastest+40yard+dash+times.aspx

Biggest load of crap I've seen in a while.  Ted Ginn ran a 4.06? Yeah; and I'm Denzel Washington.  All of those are BS "reported" times...kind of like how apparently anyone who ever runs a forty at Virginia Tech runs a 4.2.

Maybe so. Once years ago I saw Coach Dye quoted as saying Bo ran a 4.13 while at Auburn, which is close to the 4.14 listed above.

Archived