Oh the Flips he's Flopped...

DKW 86

Kerry Was For Troop Realignment Before He Was Against It

Finally, I want to say something about the plan that the President announced on Monday to withdraw 70,000 troops from Asia and Europe. Nobody wants to bring troops home more than those of us who have fought in foreign wars. But it needs to be done at the right time and in a sensible way. This is not that time or that way.

-John Kerry, August 18, 2004

I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops, not just there but elsewhere in the world. In the Korean Peninsula perhaps, in Europe perhaps. There are great possibilities open to us.

-John Kerry, August 1, 2004

Kerry Was Against The Veterans of Foreign Wars' Before He Was For It

John Kerry told fellow combat veterans at the Veterans of Foreign Wars' that he's their "true brother in arms."

-August 18, 2004

"We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the 'greater glory of the United States.' We will not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars."

-John Kerry, 1971

Kerry Was For Troop Realignment Before He Was Against It

Finally, I want to say something about the plan that the President announced on Monday to withdraw 70,000 troops from Asia and Europe. Nobody wants to bring troops home more than those of us who have fought in foreign wars. But it needs to be done at the right time and in a sensible way. This is not that time or that way.

-John Kerry, August 18, 2004

I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops, not just there but elsewhere in the world. In the Korean Peninsula perhaps, in Europe perhaps. There are great possibilities open to us.

-John Kerry, August 1, 2004

Kerry Was Against The Veterans of Foreign Wars' Before He Was For It

John Kerry told fellow combat veterans at the Veterans of Foreign Wars' that he's their "true brother in arms."

-August 18, 2004

"We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the 'greater glory of the United States.' We will not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars."

-John Kerry, 1971

You don't list a link, but this is the quote I found on August 1st:

"If the diplomacy that I believe can be put in place can work, I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops not just there but elsewhere in the world, in the Korean peninsula, perhaps, in Europe, perhaps,"

http://www.turkishpress.com/turkishpress/news.asp?ID=23529

It this works, then perhaps this...But this is not the time or way. C'mon.

As far as the quote from 1971, you don't list a link, but it is supposedly from the epilogue of A New Soldier. A bit more of that quote, assuming Kerry wrote it:

“We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans’ Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the greater glory of the United States. We will not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars—in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide.

There were alot of young vets who felt similarly. Some, not all, came back from Viet Nam disillusioned. Some Iraq vets, not all, will come back disillusioned and questioning the purpose and whether losing their friends was worth it. It is probably accurate that Kerry and others did not "quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags." Many did not "readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foriegn Wars" and have "demand[ed] relevancy" of such organizations when they did. It is an expression of mood coming on the heels of the experience and the belief that a failed policy and strategy was costing American lives with little hope of a meaningful victory. Most people have largely gotten past Viet Nam, though, and in retrospect and with the benefit of time, some vets who may have once felt similarly have been able to separate the pride they have in their service, and the value they place on the bonds they forged in battle from the policy that they questioned, and likely still do. My father did not agree with how LBJ or Nixon administered that war. He was a career soldier and he went twice without complaint. He felt close to those he served and proud of his service. But he did not come back eager to march in parades or to join anything.

"I am all for people using the bathroom...but I heard GWB went yesterday. The timing of this disturbs me. If I am elected president, I will vote for NO bathroom breaks...unless approved by the UN"

"Yes I did vote for bathroom breaks but that was after I voted against them"

-- Sen John F Kerry

"I am all for people using the bathroom...but I heard GWB went yesterday. The timing of this disturbs me. If I am elected president, I will vote for NO bathroom breaks...unless approved by the UN"

-- Sen John F Kerry

Hey, BG, when are you gonna make your prediction on the popular vote? Be sporting.

The genesis of the first post was from Hannity's opening monologue.

Kerry is so desperate for some traction on any issue he is flip-flopping on everything. He reminds me of Carter, only much worse. This is just the beginning of the slamming Kerry is going to take from Vets. The Vets I know, some from the local VFW, they were just about to puke knowing Kerry was going to speak at the Convention.

No, I reject even the POSSIBILITY that Kerry was out for anything other than his own political benefit when he was with VVAW. He was not there to help end the War, he was there to smear the names of his comrades. He did a great job of it. After the War, Viet Vets took there own lives at a rate 1.7 times higher than the general population. The living vets remember this.

I hope and pray that the vets he smeared with his return, the vets he smeared by propping up the losers and mentally ill and just plain out and out liars of the Winter Soldier Event that they get 100% JUSTICE on Kerry. He called the Winter Soldiers "all honorably discharged and some highly decorated." :bs: Even his co-sponsor had lied thru his teeth and never even been to Vietnam. The horrible stories that Kerry portrayed to the Senate Forn Relations Committee have in large part been totally debunked by many authors.

I just hope that Kerry gets his now. These vets have suffered mightily at his hands for 35 years, it is time they even the score.

-- Sen John F Kerry

Hey, BG, when are you gonna make your prediction on the popular vote? Be sporting.

Who cares about the popular vote? kerry will lose, just like sore/loserman.

So if Kerry wins the election does that mean he was the RIGHT choice for the job?

Regan won the popular vote and there were a bunch of Liberals cheering in the streets the day he died.

So if Kerry wins the election does that mean he was the RIGHT choice for the job?

Regan won the popular vote and there were a bunch of Liberals cheering in the streets the day he died.

Not sure what gave rise to the question, but I wouldn't say the fact of any candidate's election means that that candidate was the "right" choice for the job, except in the sense that in a democracy, the winner is presumably the "people's choice," which is "right" in the sense that that's how democracy is supposed to work.

That's news to me. What's your source?

Archived