"I Hate The Cardinals!"

styxfan34

Tell us how you really feel Brandon! What he said is not what bothered me. I agree 100% with Molina. Don't insult my team then come up and tap me me like we're best buds.

B. Phillips just likes to talk. Molina doesn't need to be so sensitive about it. I have no problem with him saying something back but no need to stand up and confront him.

Now what I do have a problem with is Johnny Cueto spiking Jason LaRue in the face. Thats Bush League.

Phillips shouldn't have said what he said nor should he have tapped Molina when he got there, but Molina should've just blown it off. This is like elementary school. He said this he did that. You guys are making millions of dollars to play baseball! Why do you have to fight over what one guy said. This is just juvenile.

B. Phillips just likes to talk. Molina doesn't need to be so sensitive about it. I have no problem with him saying something back but no need to stand up and confront him.

Now what I do have a problem with is Johnny Cueto spiking Jason LaRue in the face. Thats Bush League.

You're absolutley right about that. That was total bulls**t!

These guys aren't baseball players.  10 years ago, the catcher would have said piss off.  Then the next pitch would have been an ear hole.  Thats how its done in BASEBALL.  Its like you need Dr. Phil as an umpire nowadays.

These guys aren't baseball players.  10 years ago, the catcher would have said piss off.  Then the next pitch would have been an ear hole.  Thats how its done in BASEBALL.  Its like you need Dr. Phil as an umpire nowadays.

^^This^^ Have Bob Gibson or Don Drysdale throw one in your ear going 99 mph and see how you react. I promise you would keep your mouth shut or they would shut it for you.

Phillips shouldn't have said what he said nor should he have tapped Molina when he got there, but Molina should've just blown it off. This is like elementary school. He said this he did that. You guys are making millions of dollars to play baseball! Why do you have to fight over what one guy said. This is just juvenile.

Totally agree.  Phillips comments were off the field.  It isn't like he did something dirty on the field that would require retaliation.  Molina should have grown up and beat him on the field.  Phillips shouldn't have tapped him on the shin guards either.  Both were at fault.  Jason LaRue would not have got spiked in the face by Queto.  I don't have a problem with sending a purpose pitch up and in just to let you know i heard what you said.  Or if he hits a single throw to first and have pujols give him a heavy tag.  But an all out brawl should not have happened.

Either way, Rolen(?) should not have butt into Dusty Baker's rant.  Thats what escalated it into the ultimate fake brawl.

This is how you do it! If you wanna send a message to Phillips and the Reds then do it by throwing at him.

And Phillips always taps the catcher when he comes up to the plate for his first AB in the game. Its nothing out of the ordinary.

It would have all blown over if Dusty wouldnt have started jawing at the Cardinals and the coaches,Larusa jawed back and then the players had to defend them.I think the blame should be on the managers,if they would have been cool(they hate each other) guys would not have been shoved up against the backstop and spiked in the face.

Archived