Marcus Lattimore

WarDamn2010

Reality will come for him one way or another agianst uga I expect him to get aquainted with the turf of williams-brice stadium quite a few times next week.  Plus that little hat trick he pulled still bothers me and I hope we put a few auburn hats on him in a couple of weeks.

You know, call me crazy, but Lattimore has never looked that fast to me. When you compare his high school highlights to Dyer and Seastrunk, those guys look much faster. From what I could tell, Lattimore is shifty for a bigger back and hits the holes hard - rarely going down on first contact. He looks like a power runner, but as already mentioned, I'm looking forward to when he runs into an SEC defense. At any rate, 54 yards is not a bad opener, even against a terrible defense.

The boy has skills, He will light it up sooner or later, but it looks like he is in for a beating in the long run and the "spark" might not last too long. I hope the best for him, but I cant help but think that he is gonna get hurt.

He has a target on his back, just to take out sc's running game. (They are running it on a true freshman.)

I might get flamed for this but I like Steve Spurrier "darth visor" "head ball coach" what ever. He is "THE" QB coach. thats why he is so hard on Garcia. Garcia is gonna need therapy after the visor is done with him.

The ol' ball coach brings the drama...

He could win in all the polls and still downgrade his team, just the way he rolls

sorta like my ol coach, never happy.

You know, call me crazy, but Lattimore has never looked that fast to me. When you compare his high school highlights to Dyer and Seastrunk, those guys look much faster. From what I could tell, Lattimore is shifty for a bigger back and hits the holes hard - rarely going down on first contact. He looks like a power runner, but as already mentioned, I'm looking forward to when he runs into an SEC defense. At any rate, 54 yards is not a bad opener, even against a terrible defense.

I agree. Since I've been watching him I've had the same impression. He never seemed to have that burst that the other guys had. Dyer and especially Seastrunk were much more explosive to me. He does have a smooth running style and seems to have good vision for being so young though. Hopefully Dyer will be even more impressive tomorrow.

I thot Lattimore looked good in the game.  He hit the holes, made his cuts, and made it into the endzone a couple of times.  A darn good debut if you ask me.  He also showed a lot of class after scoring his td's.  Just gave the ball to the ref and acted like he had been there before.  No chest pounding, no helmet yanking, no "look at me", "look at me"!  I liked that.  Best of luck to the young man.

I wish Marcus nothing but the best except for when he goes against us in a few weeks.  Other than that, I really hope he is successful.  I think he is a great young man who loved Auburn, but felt like he didn't want to let down his home state.  I can't argue with that. 

With that said, when he goes against our defense, I hope we knock him on his ass as hard as possible everytime he touches the ball.  I hope we take USCe out behind the wood shed and let him know that he picked the wrong team!  War Eagle!

Archived