COLLEGE GAMEDAY IN AUBURN SATURDAY

DunderMifflin

I'm really suprised that Gameday is coming for this game. I would have thought that if they were coming to Auburn it would be next week or the lspoo game. The coaches couldn't have picked a better weekend for the recruits to take an official to Auburn: a good night game, Gameday will be there, moving up in the rankings, and a sold out JH. The only thing they need to do now is win, and if possible, win BIG!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly, the last time they were here they set up behind the right field fence at Plainsman Park.  

That is correct.  The last time they were in Auburn they set up in the field between Plainsman Park and the old athletic dorm.

That must have been another time you are thinking of. Jet, below your post, was correct. For the LSU game in 08, Gameday was set up on the corner of Roosevelt and Duncan. Which basically means the crowd stretched from the parking garage to the East side of the stadium and down Roosevelt as well. The arrow in this link points to the location for that day.

http://screencast.com/t/NzY0NDE3

I could see them doing it in that location again or maybe somewhere that has Auburn Arena/The Village in the background to show it off on national tv. The last location was so close to the stadium that you couldnt see much of it in the shot anyway so I dont think they are married to that location. I have always thought it would be interesting if Gameday set up in the amphitheater area (even though that would intrude on some tailgating). No matter where it is set up it will be an exciting day!

If I remember correctly, the last time they were here they set up behind the right field fence at Plainsman Park.  

That is correct.  The last time they were in Auburn they set up in the field between Plainsman Park and the old athletic dorm.

That is not correct. The last time they came to Auburn (2008 LSU game) the set up in front of Parker Hall and the Allison Physics Lab Building. They set up behind the baseball field when we played Florida in 2006. The new "Campus Green" outside of the new Student Center would be the perfect place for them to set up. There would be a great shot of the stadium in the background. BUT that is where the Tailgate Guys tailgates are set up and people pay big $$$$ for those tailgates so I doubt they will end up having Gameday at that location.

I am surprised Gameday is coming this weekend since Clemson is not in the Top-25 (I think they are just outside of it).  If Auburn and USCe both win this weekend that could be a matchup of two Top-15 teams.  Maybe Gameday will decide to stay in Auburn two weekends in a row!  WDE!

I am surprised Gameday is coming this weekend since Clemson is not in the Top-25 (I think they are just outside of it).  If Auburn and USCe both win this weekend that could be a matchup of two Top-15 teams.  Maybe Gameday will decide to stay in Auburn two weekends in a row!  WDE!

Yeah, me too, Ricky.  But I think the theme this week is going to be about the similarities of the two schools, the stories surrounding both QBs , and last but not least, a September football game in Auburn, Alabama.  How many times so you think we'll see Toomer's Drugs this week?

That must have been another time you are thinking of. Jet, below your post, was correct. For the LSU game in 08, Gameday was set up on the corner of Roosevelt and Duncan. Which basically means the crowd stretched from the parking garage to the East side of the stadium and down Roosevelt as well. The arrow in this link points to the location for that day.

http://screencast.com/t/NzY0NDE3

I could see them doing it in that location again or maybe somewhere that has Auburn Arena/The Village in the background to show it off on national tv. The last location was so close to the stadium that you couldnt see much of it in the shot anyway so I dont think they are married to that location. I have always thought it would be interesting if Gameday set up in the amphitheater area (even though that would intrude on some tailgating). No matter where it is set up it will be an exciting day!

You are correct, I was thinking of 2 times ago.

anyone have (2) tickets to sell?

Hey buddy, I don't have any tickets for you, but I do have some advice for getting them. I know people like to have the "sure thing" before taking leave (I'm in the military myself) But I've been here in SC about 5 hours away from Auburn for the past 4 years, and every year i have made the trip to JHS without tickets, COMPLETELY planning on sitting inside JHS. Where did i get the tickets? From the hundreds of people walking around on gameday holding them up. You should be able to get some close to face value (especially with ur haircut) doing this. Not an ideal way to go about it, but you might get surprised...I had a guy sell me 2 tickets on the 30 yd line for 40 bucks a pop to the Arkansas game a few years ago...every offer i had heard before that was $80+ each, so be sure to shop around!!!!

next weekend will probably be in arkansas for the bama arky game or there is one more game that is good that i cant think of that it will be at but not aubie next weekend

anyone have (2) tickets to sell?

Hey buddy, I don't have any tickets for you, but I do have some advice for getting them. I know people like to have the "sure thing" before taking leave (I'm in the military myself) But I've been here in SC about 5 hours away from Auburn for the past 4 years, and every year i have made the trip to JHS without tickets, COMPLETELY planning on sitting inside JHS. Where did i get the tickets? From the hundreds of people walking around on gameday holding them up. You should be able to get some close to face value (especially with ur haircut) doing this. Not an ideal way to go about it, but you might get surprised...I had a guy sell me 2 tickets on the 30 yd line for 40 bucks a pop to the Arkansas game a few years ago...every offer i had heard before that was $80+ each, so be sure to shop around!!!!

here is the method I have used for year, caught in the act:  http://www.thewareaglereader.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Arkansas-State-Sept.-4-2010-721.jpg  works every time.  

I also would add, that if I had extra tickets and saw a military person looking for two, I would GIVE them to him/her and shake their hand as a small thank you for all they have done for me. War Eagle to ya and thanks so much.  (Good luck with tickets, I'm sure the Auburn Family will not let you down)

Since it is TRUE BLUE, it is a perfect time for us to see some Auburn Eagle shirts on gameday!!  It would be AUsome to see that on national TV.  Although I can see the further confusion of those that don't know Auburn.  I always get asked about War Eagle even though we are Tigers.  You can imagine what they would think if they see "Auburn Eagle,"  I would still love to see a shirt or two on air. 

Archived