Question about CGM

doug3020

Does anyone know if he scripts his first (insert your number here) plays? If so, that would tell me a lot about our 1st half and the adjustments that were made. Thanks.

In the first quarter, we tried to establish the running game with the RB position (not CN).

I say let Cam do his thing.  There's no reason for us to hold him back.

In the first quarter, we tried to establish the running game with the RB position (not CN).

Thanks for your input, but that was not the question being asked.

I have no idea if he scripts plays. I think he makes a lot of questionable personnel decisions/play calls based on personnel and thats one of our biggest issues.

Thanks for your input, but that was not the question being asked.

I am sure that he has a set list of plays that he calls based on what he has seen in all the film that he goes through. They were trying to run the ball from the start with our tailbacks just as Chiz said... Given that information i think that clemson threw a lot of things out there that had not been seen in previous games this season as they have not played anyone so they were fresh and had a lot stored up... given our past games once we start out the gate slow it takes us a little time to get rolling. This would explain all the reason for the late adjustments... Of course this is all theory and speculation from my point of view and i am not a wizard of the offense like GM so take it for what its worth.

Guest simonsez

I have no idea if he scripts plays. I think he makes a lot of questionable personnel decisions/play calls based on personnel and thats one of our biggest issues.

I think its the major belief around here that we were trying to sustain drives and establish the backs.  But by looking at Malzahns true offense, I wouldnt think he could script more than one or two plays at a time.  This offense is designed to play off of opportunity.  I bet he dont know what hes gonna call one drive from the other sometimes.

I think thats the problem, many times he doesnt know what he is gonna call from one second to the other and thats how we get into calls that dont fit the players on the field. He is too frantic and off the cuff. Thats why its always halftime before he can get adjustments made. CGM just needs to settle down. He is truly a brilliant coach and has a great system when plays are used to set up other plays and such. This leads me to believe he doesnt script plays but I have no way of knowing for sure. Maybe we'd be better off if he did.

Thats enough with this "low tempo" offense. The offense seems to become stale a nd predictable unles they are going at a rate of 90 plays a game.

The D proved that they cant tackle nor take appropriate angles and the cbs are apparently going to continue to play 10 yds off of the wrs.

The only shot AU has at winning more than 7 games is to have an unstoppable offense-which we have all seen.

Yes, we script our first few plays unless they have recently changed that thought process. It is and has been standard practice for CGM. How many plays are scripted I don't know. I would guess at least the first 2-4 are scripted though. Just a guess.

no way we finish any worse than 8-4. I am predicting 9-3 the way things stand right now. we still could go undefeated depending on the weekly improvement. we have the players and we have the plays just have to put it all together.

no way we finish any worse than 8-4. I am predicting 9-3 the way things stand right now. we still could go undefeated depending on the weekly improvement. we have the players and we have the plays just have to put it all together.

Yep. Just gotta keep improving and getting the young guys experience. 9-3 is pretty realistic I think.

Yes he scripts plays, and from what I heard on the Auburn ISP radio post game show he scripted the first 30 plays of the 2nd half of this game

Its called strategy people and we are not the AU coaches so stop trying to guess what's up.(although its fun) Let them do there job and we can do ours.... and watch Sorry to be Debi downer.

:wedance:

Yes he scripts plays, and from what I heard on the Auburn ISP radio post game show he scripted the first 30 plays of the 2nd half of this game

Its called strategy people and we are not the AU coaches so stop trying to guess what's up.(although its fun) Let them do there job and we can do ours.... and watch Sorry to be Debi downer

WTH man why did you quote me?? And then talk down to me? I was only answering his question.  Oh BTW every coach in sports comes up with strategies so thank you for your strategic input

Archived