easiest place for parking on gameday

EricH79

So I'm finally going to get to go to a game this week but I have no idea where the best parking is.  I cant get there until 10 or a little after.  Where would a good place be that is easy to find and would not be full by then.  The closer the better but I'm not riding the shuttle.

You probably will not have trouble this weekend, wire road is usually good, lots of spots and fields, also at the the end of Thatch west of the stadium, $20 to park at First Baptist downtown, good price if you stay at the bars downtown or want to shop a little,

Great thanks.  Are there any good places to eat near the church?  We are eating right after the game so some of the traffic is gone when we leave.

Hehehhe.  If memory serves me well, traffic goes from the game to the restaurants afterward.  You will be in line for a bit, unless you bail on the game early.

Great thanks.  Are there any good places to eat near the church?  We are eating right after the game so some of the traffic is gone when we leave.

Forget the Cheeburger, go to Little Italy for some pizza and calzone...you will not leave hungry...

If you don't mind a small walk, park at the kiwanis field at the intersection of samford and moores mill, its free

I dont mind a short walk if it's a mile or less

Cheeburger Cheeburger is a good place to eat :wedance:

bunch of my auburn buddys always try momma goldbers or neiffers before a game

I tried Momma G's last time I was there, I wasnt impressed much with it.

The church across from Tiger Rags on Gay St. is a good place to park.  $20 bucks and Burger King is across the road.  Usually not overly crowded after the game.  If you take Magnolia back to the parking spot then you will pass plenty of food.

Try the regons bank parking lot behind the bank just off College street. Toomers' corner is right up the street and Anders is close.Cheeburger and Five Guys are a short walk from here.

They have to do something about the parking on gamedays. They use to have a lot of good parking places but it isn't that way anymore.

They are doing something about it - making more and more of it pay-for-parking.  The 3rd floor of the library parking deck that has been public gameday parking is becoming $1250-a-space in 2011.  For big games, the only free parking options are tiger transit stops like Tigertown and Facilities if you aren't in town by 8am for a 6pm game. 

There is a new restaurant that opened in the spring that has great gyros and burgers, very good prices. It is just up from cheeburger cheeburger on the same side of the street, also has cold beer.

There are many churches that offer parking for a fee.  The Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches all offer parking.  Enter on Gay Street for all of them.  I don't mind paying the fee since the money goes to the youth programs of the church!  Personally, I park at the Presbyterian church on the corner of Gay and Thatch. 

Archived