What is your game day superstition?

AUBigCat

I must admit that I typically dont believe in lucky t-shirts or game day rituals.  However, I have two friends that I usually tailgate and go to the games with.  For the past two years, Auburn has never lost a game that we all attended or watched together on TV.  This year we even had our season tickets changed to be closer to each other.  :happydance:  Obviously since we're 4-0, we have been to every game together (watched MSU on TV).  I am a bit nervous about the ARK game because I will be out of town.  :'(  I think we win regardless but it would be a forgone conclusion if we were together.

Anyway, what is your game day ritual for securing wins for Auburn?

My daugther is my lucky charm and she was with me, when we beat #2 Fl at JHS,  a few yrs back, and

no one gave us a prayers chance!  Her birthday is Oct.16th and I am taking her to the game! 

What better present than to beat ARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never give up and never leave the stadium until the game is over. Also, my 15 year old has been going to games since he was 5. He reminded me the last game he was at before the game, which is also the last time AU beat Bama, that Auburn has never lost a game he has attended. I started thinking and that statement also applies to baseball. I need to get him to more games.

I paint myself Orange and Blue and run around naked through the neighborhood and .... jk, that wasn't me, but I must walk out at just the right moment and miss a big play. There must be something to this, I got called into work and missed the second half of the USCe game. I have been doing this for years; I missed most of 2004 ;D, thank goodness for the internet and dvr. BTW if I do find out that painting myself and running naked through the neighborhood works, GOD help my neighbors.

Not really a superstition persay, but every time I have a dream about a certain game whatever the outcome in the dream game happens in the real game. Like last year about a week before the arky game I dreamed they lost pretty bad and about a week before the ole miss game I dreamed we won bigtime. Then comes Northwestern. I dreamed that we had lost, then I went and did something in my dream, and came back and we had actually won. And all of you know how that game went. I'll let you guys know whenever I dream about a game  ;)

I have quite a few superstitions/rituals/wife calls me insane. But I NEVER tell anyone what they are. In fact it's more of a routine to me so that i don't even THINK about them being superstitions. I worry that if I acknowledge them that it will rid any good luck I have with them. Then I have to start all over with something new.

I do not believe in superstitions, or needing to do a certain thing for a win or whatever. You know like if you say something it might jinx an outcome. I believe the outcome is all up to the players on the field and the coaches. Just how I  feel about it and I don't begrudge those who do. War Eagle!!!

Archived