No Fun League at it again

Tiger Growlin

I just saw on espn that the NFL has banned all celebrations where the players knee touches the ground. So I guess a player can't get down on one knee and say a prayer after scoring a TD anymore. And Jared Lee of the Vikings will have to find a new celebration to do after sacking the qb. I'm about sick of the NFL doing these type of things. I give them a pass on the props, although some were pretty funny, but let the guys have some fun and most of the teams likes to see the players having a good time out there.

I think its crazy how can you take the emotion of a touchdown out of football ? As long as there is no taunting involved im ok with it

I agree. You should be able to celebrate your accomplishments. They always say act like you've been there before. I say enjoy it because it may be your last. You never know if you will ever get there again.

I remember a few years back when the Giants and Dolphins played in London. I can't remember who it was but when a reciever caught a TD he did the knee slide that happens in english football. Thought it was awesome, but he got flagged because of it.

Is there a link to the story? I would like to read more about this. What are they specifically trying to stop by doing this?

I haven't been able to find a link for this. I saw the guy on PTI talking about this on Monday. Haven't heard anymore about it.

Is there a link to the story? I would like to read more about this. What are they specifically trying to stop by doing this?

I haven't been able to find a link for this. I saw the guy on PTI talking about this on Monday. Haven't heard anymore about it.

I'll have to try to find that story, thanks TG!  :thumbsup:

Archived