Sammy Watkins Suspended for First 2 Games

AUCrete

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want him out.

Excuses last about a week.

This clempson game is what gets us to a 10 win season.

Heck, i want their entire offense suspended if possible.

Our guys are learning a new system on offense and defense.

They need some early confidence and a player like Watkins can take all that away quickly.

I think he gets what he deserves. If you do the right thing then you don't need excuses

Blah. Michael Dyer broke team rules, and rather than do the work to get back in the coaches' good graces, left. I'd say he's at least as big a threat as Watkins.

I agree with AA; he gets what he deserves.

I prefer him out. He deserves to be out, so he should be out. Dyer is a good analogy. The whole beating them at full strength or not is not too meaningful to me. Who knows whether or not he would be a difference in who wins and loses if he plays or does not play.

The Clemson game is going to be tough either way. It is the opener and they are a good team.

100.gif

Ireally don't care one way or the other from an Auburn perspective.  The real question is will Dabo do the right thing, or delay his decision untill after game one...  Certain coaches would suspend him for the Ball St. game and declare that missing a whole game is ample punishment......or he could suspend him for the first half like another coach would do....

eagle.gif

^Early last month Sammy was arrested for pot and 2 prescription drugs he hadn't prescribed for (I'm pretty sure about the last part). Dyer smoked synthetic pot all year, including the provision of the gun to the Not-So-Fantastic-Four. He left the team, but in the bowl game we sure looked more cohesive without him.

Being a Falcons fan, I have watched a lot of games in the GA Dome, so know this: Watkins will destroy us if he is on the field. I watched Vick do it to every single team, I watched OMac do it to UVA, I watched Spiller do it to us. That is a fast track football field, way faster than grass.

It doesn't matter if he is suspended or not. Clemson will be destroyed by us. I personally think Dabo is an idiot for trying to play games about suspending him. We all know he isn't going to be suspended. Dabo is gonna mess around and try to make it sound like he cares but we all know that the only thing he cares about is winning. It's sad because these kids need to learn things that will teach them to be honorable men and Dabo is teaching them that it doesn't matter as long as you are good at football. When Watkins gets to the NFL he will probably end up just like Fairley and get arrested several times or worse. NO OFFENSE TO FAIRLEY, but that was an embarrassment.

It doesn't matter if he is suspended or not. Clemson will be destroyed by us. I personally think Dabo is an idiot for trying to play games about suspending him. We all know he isn't going to be suspended. Dabo is gonna mess around and try to make it sound like he cares but we all know that the only thing he cares about is winning. It's sad because these kids need to learn things that will teach them to be honorable men and Dabo is teaching them that it doesn't matter as long as you are good at football. When Watkins gets to the NFL he will probably end up just like Fairley and get arrested several times or worse. NO OFFENSE TO FAIRLEY, but that was an embarrassment.

^^This^^ Mostly.

don't expect him to get suspended. If he does get suspended I will be very surprised. I don't care how fast he is. He's going to find him self laying on his back all day.

I think he should be suspended. Not because we are playing his team. Because he deserves to be suspended based on his actions. He broke the law. Coaches have suspended their players way worse for doing way less. This kid is a future superstar and if Dabo cared anything about his development he'd straighten him out.

I think he should be suspended. Not because we are playing his team. Because he deserves to be suspended based on his actions. He broke the law. Coaches have suspended their players way worse for doing way less. This kid is a future superstar and if Dabo cared anything about his development he'd straighten him out.

I agree, but do you really think Dabo cares about what is right?

I would rather beat them with him on the field.  At the same time though, he is such a weapon that I don't care if he doesn't play. I guess I am torn.

How about you?  I'm going with the old "I don't want any excuses" argument when we beat Clemp.

I don't give a rip about their excuses because in the end all that matters is the "w."

So with that said, you're cray cray if you want him to play. Hell no I don't want him to play! Him not playing gives us a better chance to win imo.

Heck no I don't want him to play.  If he did stuff to get on trouble that's him.  IMO we don't have anybody that can cover him one on one he could not catch a pass and effect the game.  If one of our players were in trouble or hurt you think anybody would care besides us?  If clemson could have played us without Cam they would've been out in the street like this    :party: :party:

It really doesn't matter if he is there or not...with the defense we will have this year I dont think it would matter if they had an NFL offense...Auburns defense is going to be scary good.

It really doesn't matter if he is there or not...with the defense we will have this year I dont think it would matter if they had an NFL offense...Auburns defense is going to be scary good.

I dont know how scary good AUs offense will be but frankly I dont give a rip if their guy plays or not. Line up and lets see who the better team is. Its still very early but I believe Auburn will be that team with or without their guy.

Archived