Baseball at Samford game thread

6-0 Samford after 3. Should have been 2-0 but a dropped fly ball by Auburn, a base hit by Samford, and a 3 run home run, all with 2 outs in the inning, allows Samford to open it up. Disgusting

Where is the Statman when we really need him ? So...how may AU base runners have been thrown out at the plate this season? Gotta be close to an NCAA record I would think.

We are just going to have to scrap for every win from here on out.

We are just mediocre at best. I really, really want a winner but I'm losing faith for 2014.

We are just mediocre at best. I really, really want a winner but I'm losing faith for 2014.

Think this is my feeling as well. Had very high hopes for this year but I just don't see how this team can turn it around mentally now

what kills me is that all the complaining bout JP last year..then the overpaying for Galloway, no one has pointed out that Galloway coaches 3rd and continues to get runners thrown out....sometimes waving them in when their is no chance of scoring..i don't get it.....true frosh are playing but I disagree that talent isn't there....AU has quite the talented team...just young......Galloway is way overrated and was at OU.......sorry, Ill know i'll take the heat..but biggest mistake was firing Pawlowski.....he is enjoying great success at San Diego State (25-11)....if JP was given time with the recruits. no doubt he would have turned it around.....

I don't want to lose faith...but it is not very encouraging right now. And so far I am not impressed with CSG. I do not understand some of his decisions.

...if JP was given time with the recruits. no doubt he would have turned it around.....

JP was given five years here and was nothing but a failure. The only decent team he had was with those great hitters he inherited when he took over. As soon as Tom Slater's recruits were finished, Pawloski was finished. He made a career out of losing to Samford and most of the games weren't as close as tonight's.

Pawloski is not anything at SD State, he's just hanging on head coach Tony Gwynn's coat tails. You don't really think Paw will ever get another head coaching job after the way he screwed Auburn's program up, do you? LMAO!

what kills me is that all the complaining bout JP last year..then the overpaying for Galloway, no one has pointed out that Galloway coaches 3rd and continues to get runners thrown out....sometimes waving them in when their is no chance of scoring..i don't get it.....true frosh are playing but I disagree that talent isn't there....AU has quite the talented team...just young......Galloway is way overrated and was at OU.......sorry, Ill know i'll take the heat..but biggest mistake was firing Pawlowski.....he is enjoying great success at San Diego State (25-11)....if JP was given time with the recruits. no doubt he would have turned it around.....

That dog won't hunt. Period.

College baseball is finicky. Samford (my alma mater I might add) has a good team. Don't lose faith in the future. The poster who wants JP back prob will want barbee back if we drop a few games in Bb next year. Take it easy and stay the course.

I agree the errors and base blunders are frustrating. But don't go kicking the mule when it's eating the corn. One day it will be doing the heavy lifting.

I am non-committal on the coaching front. Put Golloway and Pawlowski side by side and I'd choose Golloway every time (and people know me as a former big JP supporter). I'm also an eternal optimist, but I feel Auburn will be sub .500 this year; the last SEC series are absolutely brutal. I'm okay with rebuilding years, just not when a coach comes in immediately and starts spouting off how our record will be 19-0 into the first SEC weekend and then here we sit at 21-17. Don't promote Omaha to the fan base all fall just to lay an egg in the Spring. Preach it to the players every day, in the weight room, on their practice jerseys, in the locker room, but don't flaunt it as much as was done this fall. I understand guys haven't (or hadn't as of last month) fully bought in to what CSG wants to bring to Auburn, and sometimes a hard*** coach is needed to instill discipline and work ethic back in his squad. However, above all else, I can't stand the personally calling out of players in post-game interviews. If players get kicked off the team, fine do it but keep the reasons in-house. Don't air your dirty laundry to the media. A guy isn't playing up to his ability or is an attitude problem, put his tail on the bench and give another kid his spot, but don't smear him. It quickly becomes a crutch and an excuse to use and, when the losses pile up, people just wait to see who you're going to add to the pile under the bus next. I still think Golloway can turn it around, and I support him all the way, but his ego to performance ratio at the moment rubs me the wrong way very often.

Archived