Week 5 Polls

RunInRed

Have we received a first place vote this year? there have been teams below us(aTm, LSU) who have received votes

Nope....they're all sleeping on AU

Have we received a first place vote this year? there have been teams below us(aTm, LSU) who have received votes

which is hilarious because I have seen the media say Auburn is better on offense with the addition of Duke and they have said we are expected to be better on Defense as well but for some reason we have a higher bar to meet than the other teams that play and we haven't reached that bar yet

The Road Ahead: Auburn plays AP No. 2, 6, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 17 ... hello.

Not to mention we've already played and beaten #25 and #35.

That's 9 teams in this week's top 35!!! That is the most difficult schedule I've ever seen!

In our undfeated 2004 season we BEAT 5 teams that were in the top 10 at the time we played them.

which is hilarious because I have seen the media say Auburn is better on offense with the addition of Duke and they have said we are expected to be better on Defense as well but for some reason we have a higher bar to meet than the other teams that play and we haven't reached that bar yet

I think..in part because we haven't really wowed anyone yet. Minus coming out guns. a bblazin against Arky. They still remember the AU of last year and if we're honest with ourselves, we really aren't there yet. I have no doubt we can and will not only get there, but possibly surpass it. I don't think the team is all that focused at this point. I believe once the gauntlet gets here in Oct. the boys will be playing with a chip on their shoulder due to increased competition. Just my opinion. All the talk about Nick and passing is growing old...I'm ready to see some rushing! !!

Seems a lot of the commentary has been focused more on the schedule to come rather than this week in the polls. At this point (IMO) it's as if the professional talk head is hedging his bet, so as to look good come seasons end.

All part of Gus's master plan to sneak up on everybody despite winning the SEC and playing for the championship last year.

Just a thought: It would be excellent for us if Arky manages to beat aTm. That would put Arky in the top 25, too.

BTW, slightly off topic, but did y'all see that Bielema texted Gus congrats on beating K-State? The charm offensive has begun.

Otherwise, it seems that about every year after 3 or 4 weeks people are projecting about 6 or 8 teams to go undefeated...but by the end of the season the process usually winnows things down to a pretty identifiable group of superior teams.

Yep. Every year of the BCS it was "terrible things to come" on October 15. By November 30 it had all worked itself out. (Except for 2004.)

Just a thought: It would be excellent for us if Arky manages to beat aTm. That would put Arky in the top 25, too.

Also, I wouldn't mind if A&M lost a little of that swagger before playing us. Hopefully they step on a couple landmines in the gauntlet they've got coming up.

BTW, slightly off topic, but did y'all see that Bielema texted Gus congrats on beating K-State? The charm offensive has begun.

"Charm offensive" = awesome

Archived