Running Back U

quietfan

I'm just saying -- Bama is much less dynamic on offense, and in the Saban era I've watched them play countless games in which they run it every single play for the entire second half. Same with LSU and Arkansas to some extent. Whereas Gus's system is so multi-dimensional that it doesn't leave that impression (for me, at least).

To put it another way, there are two ice cream shops: one sells chocolate, one sells 31 flavors. If someone asks me where to get good ice cream, Id take them to the 31 flavor store, but if someone asks where to get chocolate ice cream, I'd probably take them to the chocolate ice cream store.

I feel like any person saying that about Bama can't be more than 15. Alabama more productive at running back? Child, please.

Or maybe I'm just talking about recent history...

And I didnt say Alabama is "more productive".

"I still think of a few teams in the SEC as being more productive at running back than us: Bama, Arkansas, LSU." You did say "more productive" lol

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, in the modern era Bama has had 2 RBs that were Heisman finalists and we have only had 1. Just trying to objectively assess this RBU situation. But as mcgufcm stated, they have not been on AU's level prior to that though.

1. What do you consider "the modern era"? Just curious because we old farts tend to have longer memories (until senility, at least! ;) )

2. Shouldn't Cam Newton be included in the Heisman RB finalists? He did lead the league in rushing yards in 2010, and that was with competition like Knile Davis, Marcus Lattimore, Mike Dyer, Mark Ingram, and Trent Richardson.

For that matter, even Nick Marshall ran for over 1000.

However, in the modern era Bama has had 2 RBs that were Heisman finalists and we have only had 1. Just trying to objectively assess this RBU situation. But as mcgufcm stated, they have not been on AU's level prior to that though.

2. Shouldn't Cam Newton be included in the Heisman RB finalists?

No.

Absolutely cam and nick should be included. As far as I'm concerned, a rusher is a rusher, regardless of if he lines up as a RB, HB, QB, slot, wildcat, blah blah blah.

Guys like Frazier at Nebraska should be recognized for their rushing abilities.

I believe Auburn is RBU because we had the greatest RB of all time...

Indeed^^. Plus we have a great rb playing for the rams thats 10x better than any rb bama has put in the league so far. WDE

1. What do you consider "the modern era"? Just curious because we old farts tend to have longer memories (until senility, at least! ;) )

2. Shouldn't Cam Newton be included in the Heisman RB finalists? He did lead the league in rushing yards in 2010, and that was with competition like Knile Davis, Marcus Lattimore, Mike Dyer, Mark Ingram, and Trent Richardson.

For that matter, even Nick Marshall ran for over 1000.

Hey numnuts watch who you call old farts......................

I believe Auburn is RBU because we had the greatest RB of all time...

Indeed^^. Plus we have a great rb playing for the rams thats 10x better than any rb bama has put in the league so far. WDE

Tre Mason hasn't proven himself better in the NFL than Lacy yet, so I can't support you in that argument. Having the best running back ever doesn't necessarily mean we are RBU either. The number of great running backs Auburn has produced throughout the decades is the reason why we are RBU. Bama and Arkansas don't even belong in this conversation because their success at Running back is short lived, mere flashes of success compared to Auburn.

I'll take him before Lacey any day! Besides, he's off to a great start anyway. His longest run from scrimmage is 89yds. Lacey's is 60yds and rent a Trent is 33yds, and mr sympathy heisman mark ingram's is 35yds. Lol, hell Peyton's longest run from scrimmage is 34yds. And last I checked, he wasn't very fleet of foot himself. U can have Lacey, I'll take tre all day over those overrated rb's from bama.WDE

I'll take him before Lacey any day! Besides, he's off to a great start anyway. His longest run from scrimmage is 89yds. Lacey's is 60yds and rent a Trent is 33yds, and mr sympathy heisman mark ingram's is 35yds. Lol, hell Peyton's longest run from scrimmage is 34yds. And last I checked, he wasn't very fleet of foot himself. U can have Lacey, I'll take tre all day over those overrated rb's from bama.WDE

Lacy won rookie of the year...

I'd probably take Tre too because I'm an Auburn homer just like you undoubtedly are, but, realistically, Tre in his first season hasn't jumped Lacy in RB ranks yet. I mean Tre just finished his first season and Lacy just finished his second 1000 yard season.

I'd probably take Tre too because I'm an Auburn homer just like you undoubtedly are, but, realistically, Tre in his first season hasn't jumped Lacy in RB ranks yet. I mean Tre just finished his first season and Lacy just finished his second 1000 yard season.

Yes I am, WDE

Archived