Kid shot in back over marijuana bust.

homersapien

Saw this comment on that link, thought it was pretty awesome.

John Swift - "Andy only let Barney have one bullet and he had to keep it in his pocket because he knew in a crisis Barney would over react. I wish the police today were as smart as Andy. Instead they are all a bunch of Barneys on steriods."

"A Seneca police officer shot the teen twice on Sunday during an arrest for suspected drugs, according to Greenville Online.

Police say Hammond was driving another woman to a parking lot, where an undercover agent had arranged to purchase drugs from her. "

Yet the woman was released after being charged with simple possession."

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2015/07/28/parents-teen-shot-police-hire-attorney-investigate-incident/30789613/

Bottom line, this kid was killed during a marijuana "sting" operation involving an amount of pot that qualified for mere possession.

This is rather strange:

"An undercover officer had arranged a drug buy to lure Morton into the parking lot of Hardee’s restaurant on U.S. 123, according to an incident report.

The report says the officer executed a search warrant and found a bag of marijuana in the car.
It makes no mention of the shooting
. Covington said the officer will file a statement later."

Get rid of all the cops! More anarchy, less law! ;)

More lies...and so it goes.

Get rid of all the cops! More anarchy, less law! ;)/>

Plenty of cases showing what's going on with some policemen but this is the rhetoric you get back

It has been my observation that a good way to not get shot by the police is to do what they tell you to do.

It has been my observation that a good way to not get shot by the police is to do what they tell you to do.

Always easy to say when you're not the target

There is literally nothing the kid could have done to justify the cop shooting the kid in the back.

There is literally nothing the kid could have done to justify the cop shooting the kid in the back.

Justify? No. Prevent? Absolutely.

exactly

You must think that girls are asking to be raped when they show some cleavage as well.

exactly

Right. So your policy is also to walk in a straight line and do what you're told or else get shot in the back. Got it!

exactly

Right. So your policy is also to walk in a straight line and do what you're told or else get shot in the back. Got it!

Actually yes. Not excusing cops shooting when they don't need to. I am not going to put him in that position. With exception to Tamir Rice, every cop shooting i have seen recently has been instigated by resistance or attempt to flee. Not sure if i am more stunned by cops shooting knowing there are body and-or dash cam after seeing these other examples constantly or people still resisting and running. But when you are a law breaker running drugs, active warrants, suspended license, child support, these folks don't want a trip to the slammer so they risk their lives, then everyone gets all down on cops and laws without also pointing out what directly led to the shooting. I have no problem complying. Because i know i am not wanted or breaking any laws that i can't deal with. My life is worth more to me i guess. I won't put it in a cops hands.

You have no way of knowing what happened.

The physical evidence indicates the kid was shot from the rear, while the car was either stationary or creeping slowly. This story of the kid trying to run him over is obviously bogus.

And psychopathic cops do exist.

exactly

Actually yes. Not excusing cops shooting when they don't need to. I am not going to put him in that position. With exception to Tamir Rice, every cop shooting i have seen recently has been instigated by resistance or attempt to flee. Not sure if i am more stunned by cops shooting knowing there are body and-or dash cam after seeing these other examples constantly or people still resisting and running. But when you are a law breaker running drugs, active warrants, suspended license, child support, these folks don't want a trip to the slammer so they risk their lives, then everyone gets all down on cops and laws without also pointing out what directly led to the shooting. I have no problem complying. Because i know i am not wanted or breaking any laws that i can't deal with. My life is worth more to me i guess. I won't put it in a cops hands.

The cop is not being put into a position that he has not been trained to handle! If the kid runs and the cop can't catch him, then the cop is strictly forbidden by SCOTUS from using a bullet as a method of catching him. It's not the end of the world if a cop lets a criminal get away. Just follow a couple leads and the criminal will be caught in no time. If the kid was resisting, the cop should be trained enough to know how to put the aggressor on the ground without shooting. Do you even stereotype, bro? Check out the University of Cincinnati police officer shoot the guy in the head fleeing the scene. Why did he even get his gun even out? To top off the foolishness, the dumbass cop then lied about everything even though he had a body camera on his person.

People not complying with the cops do not always mean those people are criminals. If a cop asks to search my car, I will step outside the car and lock my car door and tell him to get lost unless he has probable cause for searching my car. If he doesnt have probable cause and he doesnt wish to detain me, then I'm gone.

The kid nor the guy in Cincinnati should have been shot. The officer will face prosecution. Neither would be shot if they had not been avoiding jail by fleeing. Yes i do stereotype. The Cincinnati guy had been arrested or charged 75 times. He didn't want to go back to jail. But you are correct the cop should not have pulled his gun. One step backwards and he was clear of the vehicle. It took longer to draw the gun.

exactly

Why yes, that's a pretty good way to avoid getting shot when a law enforcement officer tells you to do something.

Archived