Auburn's Weekly Presser - Alabama Edition

RunInRed

Gus Malzahn

Malzahn calls Alabama "probably the most talented team in the country."

Malzahn: "We haven't decided exactly who's going to start" at quarterback

Malzahn says he'll know after practice today how close Sean White is to 100 percent

Malzahn hasn't decided if both quarterbacks will play is Sean White is healthy

Gus Malzahn says he plans to name his starting quarterback before Saturday

Malzahn: Offensively need to make explosive plays. need to stop them from making those plays

Malzahn says Xavier Dampeer has not been medically cleared yet

Shon Coleman's chances of playing are "pretty high" according to Malzahn

Malzahn: "Since Carl's come back, we've looked like a good defense."

Who is Carl Lawson? Malzahn: "He's our defensive leader. ... He's an impact player."

Malzahn on Cyrus Jones' comments yesterday: "We've got a lot of respect for their players and their program."

Does Malzahn think he needs to take shots downfield early vs. Alabama to open things up? Gus: "I'm not telling you"

@AUBlog

Gus Malzahn on having former Alabama assistant Lance Thompson on his Auburn coaching staff: "It does nothing but help as far as information."

Gus Malzahn on keeping things under wraps during Iron Bowl week: "You have to protect what you're doing."

Gus Malzahn on Will Muschamp's defense: "It's starting to become what he wants it to be. You can see improvement. Playing extremely hard."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn says there's a chance injured starting center Austin Golson could play against Alabama

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on facing Alabama: "You have to have explosive plays against their defense because they're so talented."

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn on Derrick Henry: "I remember last year he was a load."

Malzahn on 2014: "Any time you lose, things stick with you. ... We had opportunities in the red zone and kicked a whole lot of field goals."

@EvanMcCullers

Avery Young

Noted fisherman Avery Young on playing in Iron Bowl: "It's a great feeling, like hooking up with a shark."

Young on Robert Leff: "Robert's a beast. I love seeing him out there."

Young on Alabama: "Their whole defense is good, even fourth and fifth string."

@EvanMcCullers

Avery Young on the Kick-6 and his reaction: "They're probably showing that on TV right now as we speak"

What's the most Avery Young has eaten on Thanksgiving? Young: "Really. ... I can't say how much I ate, but I went to sleep right after"

@AUBlog

Auburn offensive lineman Avery Young on the Iron Bowl rivalry: "It's insane."

@AUGoldMine

Kris Frost

Frost on Alabama run game: "It's extremely important for us to fit up well. ... They do a lot of stuff to get people off balance."

Frost on Cyrus Jones' comments: "I really don't have a comment on that. We know they're a great team."

Frost on Kick Six: "It's amazing to think back on, but right now, it's all about the present."

Frost asked about Avery Young's shark comment: "I don't really fish all that much. I've never hooked up with a shark."

@EvanMcCullers

Archived