Clemson fan & 1st time poster

It's always good to have Clemson fans visit Auburn, if nothing else, as a pilgrimage for them to visit the homeland that gave them a football team to begin with.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/846763-auburn-vs-clemson-two-teams-created-with-one-vision-100-years-ago

That said, after the past two seasons, most Auburn alumni and fans that I know expect Clemson to beat the crap out of Auburn this year, as Clemson is likely on their way to another playoff berth and Auburn is likely on their way to another mediocre season. So, you can pass that along to Dabo and the Clemson team. They got nothing to worry about. Have fun. Tell them they can drink a bunch of beer, eat a load of pizza, smoke a dozen Js, party all night.

Then, enjoy the greatest pregame tradition in all of football. Auburn will be waiting for you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Auburn-Washington State, opening night of the 2013 college footbalI season, I was enjoying myself at myrtle beach South Carolina. At the bar though, the Clemson fans decided every tv( 6+ tvs) should be solely dedicated to the Georgia-Clemson game so my party and the Clempson fans had words for each other. Long story short, I got kicked out and now I strongly dislike the obnoxious Clempson fans. I will be in Myrtle Beach the opening weekend this year as well. I have to kickoff another memorial season the right way.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

During the Auburn-Washington State, opening night of the 2013 college footbalI season, I was enjoying myself at myrtle beach South Carolina. At the bar though, the Clemson fans decided every tv( 6+ tvs) should be solely dedicated to the Georgia-Clemson game so my party and the Clempson fans had words for each other. Long story short, I got kicked out and now I strongly dislike the obnoxious Clempson fans. I will be in Myrtle Beach the opening weekend this year as well. I have to kickoff another memorial season the right way.

Why does none of this come as a surprise to me??? ?

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe because I've told this story on here like three times?

Anywho, I guess that you're implying that since  I was in South Carolina, in a tourism spot that attracts people from throughout the east coast, that I should've known that a group of Clemson fans wouldn't give up just one muted TV out of at least ten. If that's the case, why? Also, if you're implying that you're not surprised that I was kicked out of the bar, those thoughts are misguided as well. That was the first time I had ever been kicked out of one and that day I probably had three beers total all day so I was definitely sober during the argument.

Well we have three special plays you need to be very concerned about.  They are as follows

1. The WR Screen

2. The hurry up to the line of scrimmage to run the exact same play after a first down.  This one is sneaky and will catch you off guard.  You will never know its coming.

3. The WR Screen.  No matter how ineffective, you will see it over and over and over again.

17 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Well we have three special plays you need to be very concerned about.  They are as follows

1. The WR Screen

2. The hurry up to the line of scrimmage to run the exact same play after a first down.  This one is sneaky and will catch you off guard.  You will never know its coming.

3. The WR Screen.  No matter how ineffective, you will see it over and over and over again.

Lol don't forget the run up the middle on first down. I think our staff thinks that the defensive coordinators are expecting us to finally switch up our 1st down play call thus being one full step ahead of the defense by actually running the same 1st down play we've run 72 times in a row. ;)

On July 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM, thaitopher said:

Doesn't surprise me either. A Clemson fan comes on here as respectful as can be, nice two way discussion, then he meets Jeff.

I'll apologize for him.

Sorry and I for one, am enjoying the exchange between our two great fan bases!

21 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

1. The WR Screen

Don't forget about the play action, statue of liberty play that we do at least 2-3 times a game.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't forget about the play action, statue of liberty play that we do at least 2-3 times a game.

You mean the one where they know when the guy does the orbital motion we are going to chuck it deep between 2 safeties?......if our OL can block long enough?

On 7/10/2016 at 1:35 AM, Charhair said:

If we win the game, we win it in the trenches (on both sides). 

If our dline can man handle the inexperience on the Clemson online, we can slow them down and possibly cause some turnovers. We've definitely got the personnel to do so. Seems like the making of an extremely deadly pass rush and interior if everything pans out the way fans are hoping. 

If our oline can give SW enough time to expose their secondary AND OR allow jf3 and Jovon Robinsom to get a solid ground game going, we'll be in it. 

Referencing the inexperience of our OL is something that has somewhat confused me as I've read on here..  We only saw the departure of 2 lineman from last year.  Eric McLain OG, and Joe Gore RT.   We have returning 5* Soph Mitch Hyatt (LT)  who started every game last season, Jr. Tyrone Crowder (OG) who has 17 career starts, and Sr. Jay Guillermo (C - All ACC) who started 13 games last season.  We have a red shirt sophomore in Jake Fruhmorgen who has a couple of starts under his belt coming into the other tackle spot.  The only other position that is still in the air right now is the other Guard spot that will be a battle between two more sophomores that have experienced some form of playing time..  Not to mention All ACC Tight End Jordan Leggett who is known for his blocking ability as well as receiving..  

I've seen our secondary mentioned as a concern also and that I agree wholeheartedly.  We need some guys to step up here, but we do have the talent sitting in the wings which makes me feel better.  

I was down at JH for the last meeting between us on the Plains and was treated wonderfully!  I wish you guys the best of luck and hope for an injury free game on both sides!  See you guys Sept. 3

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Doesn't surprise me either. A Clemson fan comes on here as respectful as can be, nice two way discussion, then he meets Jeff.

I'll apologize for him.

I haven't done anything to him. What are you crying about? I might've said I strongly dislike Clemson fans but unless he remembers me from the bar that night, I highly doubt he cares about what I think. With all of that said, I'm sure he won't mind sharing more about his team and  his prediction for the game. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I haven't done anything to him. What are you crying about? I might've said I strongly dislike Clemson fans but unless he remembers me from the bar that night, I highly doubt he cares about what I think. With all of that said, I'm sure he won't mind sharing more about his team and  his prediction for the game. 

What bar was it?

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You mean the one where they know when the guy does the orbital motion we are going to chuck it deep between 2 safeties?......if our OL can block long enough?

That sounds pretty accurate.

6 minutes ago, RogueCUTiger said:

What bar was it?

Can't remember. It was on the strip on the corner I believe. About three tvs behind the bar. And TVs scattered throughout the dining area as it was also a dining area. There was a patio with a small dining area as well but that's all I remember.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can't remember. It was on the strip on the corner I believe. About three tvs behind the bar. And TVs scattered throughout the dining area as it was also a dining area. There was a patio with a small dining area as well but that's all I remember.

Next time go to Dagwood's in Surfside.. Awesome sports bar with tv's in every booth with sound (special speaker box you can "rent" for $5 that you sit on your table that syncs to your booth's tv.)  And overall,  Dagwood's will have a multitude of games on.  It's a melting pot and they frown upon every tv being on the same game.  They try to accommodate the Tigers and Cocks because they are the small majority but I have seen some of each get turned down for excessive screen requests.  Hope that helps for the future. 

38 minutes ago, RogueCUTiger said:

Referencing the inexperience of our OL is something that has somewhat confused me as I've read on here..  We only saw the departure of 2 lineman from last year.  Eric McLain OG, and Joe Gore RT.   We have returning 5* Soph Mitch Hyatt (LT)  who started every game last season, Jr. Tyrone Crowder (OG) who has 17 career starts, and Sr. Jay Guillermo (C - All ACC) who started 13 games last season.  We have a red shirt sophomore in Jake Fruhmorgen who has a couple of starts under his belt coming into the other tackle spot.  The only other position that is still in the air right now is the other Guard spot that will be a battle between two more sophomores that have experienced some form of playing time..  Not to mention All ACC Tight End Jordan Leggett who is known for his blocking ability as well as receiving..  

I think you'll find what people are referring to is the fact that an Offensive Line is 50% individual talent and 50% how they gel as a unit. Any time you have to replace 2 guys there's going to be some growing pains. This is especially true in game 1 and will be even more so since you are facing a Defensive Line with 2 5* seniors that is currently getting buzz for potentially being one of the best lines in the SEC.

17 minutes ago, RogueCUTiger said:

Next time go to Dagwood's in Surfside.. Awesome sports bar with tv's in every booth with sound (special speaker box you can "rent" for $5 that you sit on your table that syncs to your booth's tv.)  And overall,  Dagwood's will have a multitude of games on.  It's a melting pot and they frown upon every tv being on the same game.  They try to accommodate the Tigers and Cocks because they are the small majority but I have seen some of each get turned down for excessive screen requests.  Hope that helps for the future. 

Thanks for the great advice. I'll be up there again for opening day weekend because I have some friends I want to see at Bragg that week. Actually playing Clemson that weekend will make it even more interesting Haha. 

1. The WR Screen

I almost forgot the play that works 3 times a year.  Its the throw it deep into triple coverage play where the WR has little to no chance to catch it.  This usually works in the 4th QTR after a hard dose of WR screens.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

1. The WR Screen

I almost forgot the play that works 3 times a year.  Its the throw it deep into triple coverage play where the WR has little to no chance to catch it.  This usually works in the 4th QTR after a hard dose of WR screens.

quit telling him all our secrets. this is probably Dabo himself scouting us.

On 7/13/2016 at 1:01 PM, AU-24 said:

I'll apologize for him.

You call that offensive?  You don't need to be for apologizing anyone, except yourself.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, RogueCUTiger said:

Now that does sound cool.  I've resigned myself to simply watching without sound.  I do listen to the AU broadcast on the internet but is generally 15-20 seconds out of phase.

I like the speaker idea. 

What I'd really like to see them hook some transmitters for wireless headphones and let people bring their own wireless headphones.  That would be effective and dirt cheap for them.

Talk radio hosts up here sound very confident Clemson will hang 40 on us.  Hell, they reckon to hang 40 on pretty much their whole schedule.  They talk more about Georgia Tech than they do about the opener with Auburn. I don't think the fans really consider us a hurdle.

They are probably right, but if Dabo feels that way, they could be set up for a surprise.  At least in my dreams.

Speaking of sports bar, I had a friend who lived in LA (not Lower Alabama but Los Angeles) and went to a popular sports bar to watch the AU/FL game.  The bar was separating the AU and the FL fans at the door and directed them into separate rooms because of the brawl they had experienced the prior year.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Speaking of sports bar, I had a friend who lived in LA (not Lower Alabama but Los Angeles) and went to a popular sports bar to watch the AU/FL game.  The bar was separating the AU and the FL fans at the door and directed them into separate rooms because of the brawl they had experienced the prior year.

No surprise there.  When I was a student, the one thing you could count on, every time Florida came to town, was that the jail would be full of orange and blue that night... bright orange and royal blue.

Archived