Clemson fan & 1st time poster

On 7/13/2016 at 2:20 PM, RogueCUTiger said:

Referencing the inexperience of our OL is something that has somewhat confused me as I've read on here..  We only saw the departure of 2 lineman from last year.  Eric McLain OG, and Joe Gore RT.   We have returning 5* Soph Mitch Hyatt (LT)  who started every game last season, Jr. Tyrone Crowder (OG) who has 17 career starts, and Sr. Jay Guillermo (C - All ACC) who started 13 games last season.  We have a red shirt sophomore in Jake Fruhmorgen who has a couple of starts under his belt coming into the other tackle spot.  The only other position that is still in the air right now is the other Guard spot that will be a battle between two more sophomores that have experienced some form of playing time..  Not to mention All ACC Tight End Jordan Leggett who is known for his blocking ability as well as receiving..  

I've seen our secondary mentioned as a concern also and that I agree wholeheartedly.  We need some guys to step up here, but we do have the talent sitting in the wings which makes me feel better.  

I was down at JH for the last meeting between us on the Plains and was treated wonderfully!  I wish you guys the best of luck and hope for an injury free game on both sides!  See you guys Sept. 3

With Clemson, keep in mind (OL).....

First, both back-up tackles are TRUE FRESHMAN* - And 2 new starters as well; Which I don't see a major issue. But depth does concern me.

With the Secondary, I think keeping teams in front of them can be an issue early on. So sure, that bothers me some. But I expect our offense will score alot during the season, so that will help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2016 at 3:20 PM, RogueCUTiger said:

Referencing the inexperience of our OL is something that has somewhat confused me as I've read on here..  We only saw the departure of 2 lineman from last year.  Eric McLain OG, and Joe Gore RT.   We have returning 5* Soph Mitch Hyatt (LT)  who started every game last season, Jr. Tyrone Crowder (OG) who has 17 career starts, and Sr. Jay Guillermo (C - All ACC) who started 13 games last season.  We have a red shirt sophomore in Jake Fruhmorgen who has a couple of starts under his belt coming into the other tackle spot.  The only other position that is still in the air right now is the other Guard spot that will be a battle between two more sophomores that have experienced some form of playing time..  Not to mention All ACC Tight End Jordan Leggett who is known for his blocking ability as well as receiving..  

I've seen our secondary mentioned as a concern also and that I agree wholeheartedly.  We need some guys to step up here, but we do have the talent sitting in the wings which makes me feel better.  

I was down at JH for the last meeting between us on the Plains and was treated wonderfully!  I wish you guys the best of luck and hope for an injury free game on both sides!  See you guys Sept. 3

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-offensive-line-ranked-1-nation-23581?ref=front

Source is Fox Sports.  I know it's presesason but this is the same reason why I was so confused as to the questioning of the ability of our OL this season...  I understand the individual talent argument vs. gelling as a group.. But it's not like we're replacing an entire line or even 3 or 4 people..  We're replacing two..  Anyways.. Just thought I'd share..  

6 hours ago, RogueCUTiger said:

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-offensive-line-ranked-1-nation-23581?ref=front

Source is Fox Sports.  I know it's presesason but this is the same reason why I was so confused as to the questioning of the ability of our OL this season...  I understand the individual talent argument vs. gelling as a group.. But it's not like we're replacing an entire line or even 3 or 4 people..  We're replacing two..  Anyways.. Just thought I'd share..  

Well... they will certainly get to test that #1 rating early against Carl Lawson and a Monty Adams, both with something to prove in their senior seasons. Expectations set the way that they are and someone will have a disappointing performance that day, either our D-line or your O-line. 

On 7/25/2016 at 4:08 PM, lionheartkc said:

Well... they will certainly get to test that #1 rating early against Carl Lawson and a Monty Adams, both with something to prove in their senior seasons. Expectations set the way that they are and someone will have a disappointing performance that day, either our D-line or your O-line. 

The AU DL, should be the deepest and strongest unit for AU, too.  With Swain, Lambert, Russell, Devaroe, Holland, and Cowart in the 2-3 deep rotation.

Watched the 2010 AU vs Clemson game last night on Youtube.

That was a great game, loaded with NFL players.

Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Codey Parkey, Jay Prosch, Corey Lemonier, Josh Harris, Andre Ellington, DeAndre Hopkins, Dwayne Allen, Chandler Catanzaro. I'm sure there were more.

Hope this years game is as good as that one..

16 minutes ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

Watched the 2010 AU vs Clemson game last night on Youtube.

That was a great game, loaded with NFL players.

Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Codey Parkey, Jay Prosch, Corey Lemonier, Josh Harris, Andre Ellington, DeAndre Hopkins, Dwayne Allen, Chandler Catanzaro. I'm sure there were more.

Hope this years game is as good as that one..

That was the one game I was able to watch live, that year, and I always look back at it mostly for how unaware we all were of how magical that season would be. 

On 7/13/2016 at 3:02 PM, lionheartkc said:

I think you'll find what people are referring to is the fact that an Offensive Line is 50% individual talent and 50% how they gel as a unit. Any time you have to replace 2 guys there's going to be some growing pains. This is especially true in game 1 and will be even more so since you are facing a Defensive Line with 2 5* seniors that is currently getting buzz for potentially being one of the best lines in the SEC.

We're replacing 2 O-Linemen as well. Both of them OTs. If you only have to replace 2 O-Linemen, you don't want it to be your OTs.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

?

Muschamp and Dabo were at the same event.  Muschamp joked that Dabo's wife was hitting on him.  Dabo replied yeah shes a flirt. 

16 hours ago, KerryThachWDE said:

Muschamp and Dabo were at the same event.  Muschamp joked that Dabo's wife was hitting on him.  Dabo replied yeah shes a flirt. 

Dabo damn sure out-kicked his coverage with his wife. She is not hard on the eye's. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dabo damn sure out-kicked his coverage with his wife. She is not hard on the eye's. 

Beilama's punt is still in the air & will never land.

• 1 month later...

So to conclude, let me say thank you for everyone who responded in this thread- Now...

to how I think the game plays out***  ON paper Clemson should run away with this game, but some how I don't see that happening. With that said,

I do see Clemson jumping out early, and what appears a BLOW OUT. But little by little Auburn works their way back, and it ends up being a fairly

close game. Clemson wins, but in a good one....

Clemson-42/ Auburn 34

48 minutes ago, Prime T. Tiger said:

So to conclude, let me say thank you for everyone who responded in this thread- Now...

to how I think the game plays out***  ON paper Clemson should run away with this game, but some how I don't see that happening. With that said,

Not sure where you're getting the "on paper" thing.  AU has recruited BETTER than Clemson in the past 4 years.  Watson is going to be the wildcard here and there's no doubt he will be the best QB on the field. 

But if you think Clemson is going to manhandle AU at every other position, you've got another thing coming.  AU has talent all over the field, especially on D.  If this game is a blow-out, it will be because of coaching and Watson, not because of some talent gap everywhere else.  Clemson should win this game because of Watson and their momentum from last season, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

3 minutes ago, Prime T. Tiger said:

Good luck with your season!

Thanks. Yall as well. Any coaching vacancies around Anderson or the greater upstate SC area where our offensive staff could join?

For the most part, the Clemson fans we talked to were very pleasant and friendly. We did have one jerk student in front of us who got in my face and tried to get the best of me, and I ended up having to apologize for saying something that was not very adult of me. Then we were good. I hate I let him bother me. Other than that, the other students around us were nice and happy to be in Auburn. I respect your team very much and wish you all the best, especially when and if you play Alabama. War Eagle!

On 9/4/2016 at 8:21 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

For the most part, the Clemson fans we talked to were very pleasant and friendly. We did have one jerk student in front of us who got in my face and tried to get the best of me, and I ended up having to apologize for saying something that was not very adult of me. Then we were good. I hate I let him bother me. Other than that, the other students around us were nice and happy to be in Auburn. I respect your team very much and wish you all the best, especially when and if you play Alabama. War Eagle!

lol what did you say to him?

I live in an area that has a fair amount of Clemson fans. My best friends at my church are Clemson fans. These guys are class acts and treat me and other fans here that represent other college teams very well.  My deacon and golf buddy is a Clemson grad along with his wife. I will see them tomorrow night at church. All will be good.

I just cannot stomach Dabo whatsoever in that he behaves like a bammer 99% of the time. I do wish Clemson well and hope you guys win the ACC. Your play the rest of the season will give Auburn vindication as the only team that could have won the game with Clemson.  If you guys play bammer again, I hope that you will shut them down and get some payback for last years loss. If I was Dabo, I would stay clear of bammer and spend the rest of my tenure at Clemson.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

lol what did you say to him?

Lol. I pointed my finger in his face and in my best kindergarten teacher voice, said, "You are not a nice person!" Later, when I ashamedly told my daughter what I had said to him, she couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. :-[ I also made some faces at him. haha

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Lol. I pointed my finger in his face and in my best kindergarten teacher voice, said, "You are not a nice person!" Later, when I ashamedly told my daughter what I had said to him, she couldn't stop laughing for five minutes. :-[ I also made some faces at him. haha

Hahah. Hey emotions were running high that evening, and still are actually lol. I promise I won't judge you ;D

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

That's kinda awesome. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ok... now I totally want to sit by you for every game I attend.  That was classic.

Archived