LSU wins another NC!

TitanTiger

Really sad when the corndogs are beggin' us to "please be our rivals"?

Fun stuff indeed. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uh, we play UGA every year, and have since the 1800's . . You know, the team you lost to 45-16? Yeah, that one.

Go complain about Tulane. LSU is just another SEC game for me . .

On one level there is Alabama and UGA - bitter rivals

Then there is Florida and UT - due to the long standing history of the rivals

then there is Ole Miss, MSU, LSU, and Arkansas - teams that we have lost too recently, but have beaten moreso since I've been in college (1993)

last there is Vandy, Kentucky, USC, etc.

This is truly pathetic. Who said anything about cigars or midfield or bands?

You Aubbies are in denial about the LSU/AU rivalry. You hate LSU fans the most because of our inane classlessness. You fire up 5+ unprovoked LSU threads, but you ABSOLUTELY COULDN'T CARE LESS? I find it hard to believe.

LSU/AU isn't Bama/AU, and it never will be. But you guys are just babbling now. :blink::poke::no:

What was humorous is quickly becoming.....just plain sad.

:corndog: "Nature's quitters". :big:

just plain sad.

109023[/snapback]

What he said.

LSU is 20-18-1 against AU.

LSU is 14-10-1 against UGA.

LSU is 51-37-4 against Ole Miss.

LSU is 62-33-3 against Miss State.

LSU is 65-22-7 against Tulane.

So I guess LSU's real rival is Miss State since we have played them the most times.

Whoohoo we dominate our Conference rival and our instate rival.

I think it is safe to say that in recent meetings, LSU's most bitter rival has become Auburn.

Is that better?

I understand the history of the Iron Bowl and all of that, but what if Alabama takes years to recover from the penalties. What if AU beats them 5 or 6 times in a row but continues to split with LSU every year. What game will you honestly look forward to more?

109015[/snapback]

I honestly dont care if we beat UAT for the next 9 - 10+ years in a row, LSU is just a good game we have to play in the SEC west every year. You guys will never be UAT, UGA, FL or UT. Well, even Arky for that matter, I think of LSU a lot like I do MSU and OM, a team that always plays well but is nothing more than someone we play. Grated we have had some wild games and this years game was a one the fans of both sides were looking forward to but not as a matter of it being a bitter rival but more that LSU was the NC or at least c/o NC; that and some LSU fans dont know how to taking winning with out opening there mouth and getting people angry. But by all means keep talking crap, you know free speech and all, but know the only ones your making look a fool is yourself's.I am not talking about good nature game week stuff or even bad natured game week stuff. I am talking senseless things like the LSU post about the last time AU won in Tenn. trust me we as :au: fans keep up with things like that. What next, you guys coming back before UGA to talk stuff then since you guys didnt come out of J-H the victor or shall we all regress to games of the past? Back in 1975..... :rolleyes: Find something better to do gentlemen.

histories mean nothing . Vanderbilt has a winning record against Auburn (the only SEC team other then bama and LSU) . .does that make them a big rival . .no?

Face it, you are a team w/o a rival - and the fact that you continually bring up crap that happened 5 years ago to point out we are a rival proves it.

To the fans AU's rivalries rank at...

Bama :angry:

UGA :angry:

UF :angry: -but subsiding now

LSU

UT -simply because history is making them more distant.

The players themselves have said that it is their 3rd biggest rivalry game because we dont play UF anymore.

For LSU fans so far it SEEMS to be...

AU :angry:

SC :angry:

Trev Alberts :angry:

Ole Miss

And you say we are petty.

LSU Tiger Forum used to be a pretty good site. I enjoyed it last year and evn met a couple of the posters at the Auburn game in BR last year. But after winning the CO-NC, a lot of them thought they were the only ones ever to win it and got obnoxious beyond belief. You couldn't go there and be nice and I gave up. They are totally fixated with Auburn. A lot of them talked a lot of big time trash leading up to this years game but the likes of Ramah, little prick rickyd (who posted here once or twice) and many others disappeared after the game. Tiger Forum has become worse than Tider Insider, if that's possible. I always liked LSU but after some time on Tiger Forum I now hate them and hope they lose every game they ever play. I hate that for the good LSU fans and they are the majority. But the few LSU bad apples are the worst anywhere. So I say.....

Screw LSU :moon::moon: The real Tigers rule :au::au:

Here's an email from an LSU fan to Ivan Maisel, which might help explain some of the LSU Fan behavior this year.

ESPN.com

Come on now, Ivan. Surely not all e-mails from LSU fans display such blatant paranoia, and furthermore, I bet there's quite a few e-mails from fans of other schools that are similarly paranoid, whiny, biased, cryptic, or flat-out ignorant. So why just show the ones from LSU fans? If the clear majority of e-mails from our fans are like the ones you publish, and other fans' e-mails are not, then I stand corrected. But otherwise, come on man, don't make us look so bad.

If our fans suffer from anything, they may just be a little overzealous in their support of our school. Three reasons why this may manifest itself through e-mail in the way it does: first, when you haven't won a national title in 45 years and suddenly your program produces such a spectacular season as we had last year, you want everyone else to be as impressed with our team as we are.

Second, our state needs something to be proud of and this football team is about all we have at times (God knows we have enough to make up for with the Saints). Our state is generally used to being the butt of jokes in the national scene, and we know that most folks have a general perception of us as incompetent and backwards, with our biggest claim to fame being David Duke and Bourbon Street. So it may be natural for us to be a little defensive of our state's team, especially when we're so proud of them.

Finally, I think our defensive posture toward our school stems a lot from the media love that USC got last season when we were the ones who did what every team sets out to do at the beginning of the season. Every team's goal is to: win your games, win your conference, and if possible climb the polls/BCS so that you make the designated National Championship game. We did what everyone set out to do- what more could we do? Our fans simply feel like we were cheated out of what the system was supposed to give us when people tried to change the rules in the middle of the game. The BCS may be flawed, but it was what everybody agreed to before the season began, and we won it. USC had a similarly spectacular season but they didn't get selected. Sorry. I guess our fans still feel like it was never really settled and so we still have to defend ourselves.

Sorry this was so long, but I had to get all that off our collective chests. Now, last season is last season, so we're moving on. Do you think that our youngsters on offense and defense will settle down in time to maybe run the table from here on out or maybe finish with two or three losses? Also, Corey Webster came in so hyped but has been very disappointing -- missing tackles, not fighting for interceptions, etc. Is he as good as we thought? Finally, my brother is Rudy Niswanger, starting right guard for LSU. I think he has been All-Conference so far but I may be a little biased. Check him out.

Thanks,

Fritz Niswanger

New Orleans

Thank you, Fritz, for your letter, and for your defense of LSU fans. The whole spectrum of Tiger attitudes spilled forth this week, and a sampling follows this answer. I have a hard time believing that LSU will run the table from here, because road games at Georgia and at Florida are not easy for experienced players, much less freshman quarterbacks. Your comments about Webster, I think, speak more to the talents of Auburn tailback Carnell Williams than they do to Webster. Williams let no one on LSU bring him down on the first hit, and rather than blame Webster for not making that interception, I would praise Cadillac for making a great play. In short, I'm not ready to say that Webster is not as good as we thought. As for your support of Rudy, after a letter like that, you can plug your whole family in this space. Thanks for taking the time to put the letter together.

I like that he says that before 2003, the state was best known for Mardi Gras and former Klan members who somehow make it to the state house of reps.

what the Hell do you Barners want? Hugs and kisses?

LSU plays Auburn every year,  it's called a heated rivalry.

I stated my feeling about the AU/UGA choice and I choose AU because of the SEC West connection. I have no love for UGA in any way other than they can take a good butt whippin. They also can give one out.

I won't chastise another LSU fan for wanting to root for UGA over Auburn because LSU and AU are BITTER RIVALS. Nothing wrong with that. Let us not forget the lovefest that was Southern Cal fan and Auburn fan last year.

You guys are funny sometimes with your jaded view of the world. My view of the world is clouded with grease from my beloved corndogs or something.

:lsu:

108957[/snapback]

Your as big a agriculture university as we are :thumbsup: Always find that funny, ag jokes from ag schools. Jaded views. Yup, LSmoo has dairy science, and poultry science, and whatever else happens in the college of agriculture.

I really don't care what LSU thinks or who they cheer for.

Wanna know if I like LSU, no I don't. I don't have much respect for the fanbase to be honest. I had a really bad experience in Baton Rouge. LSU intenet fans have made it even worse. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tenn are still bigger rivals than LSU though to me.

I have seen LSU fans pulling against Auburn in all kinda games, and that includes prior to last year. Really can't stand this whole omg Auburn abandoned us and the SEC last year attitude that LSU fans have. Especially when I remember LSU fans pulling for USC in the first game of last year cause they wanted Auburn to fall flat on its face (of course those same fans cried foul if someone from Auburn rooted for USC). So dump the LSU is innocent acts. If LSU fans wanna root for whoever plays Auburn thats cool, I'm not gonna go get a membership on a LSU board and cry and whine about you guys didn't pick us :(

The other thing about that is most LSU fans don't even have the facts straight. Majority of Auburn was pulling for LSU in the Sugar Bowl. We just won't deny USC its part of the National Championship (since ya'll didn't play, but should have instead of OU), and that just really pisses ya'll off as a majority. Then all across internet message boards the LSU crusade to force feed their bs about being the only deserving people in the world began :argue:

Do I like USC. Ya, their fans hang out and have a good time and are class winners. They act like they have been there before. Oh, they didn't attack me with a broken bottle, that helps also :lol:

I actually think that poll on the site is pretty funny, what with the USC complaining and all. I'd also take the wager that if would have taken that poll 2 years ago the outcome would be the same.

Also if you don't want to see fans complain about your team, don't go to other teams websites.

Fair enough on all counts.

..........yousay potAto,

I say potata,

you say tomAto,

I say tomata :moon:

:lsu:

btw sorry about the broken bottle thing. I was really drunk, and I promise I won't let it happen again. :hug1: :love: :puke:

histories mean nothing . Vanderbilt has a winning record against Auburn (the only SEC team other then bama and LSU) . .does that make them a big rival . .no?

109077[/snapback]

I thought we brought the series to an even count last year.

109077[/snapback]

I thought we brought the series to an even count last year.

109232[/snapback]

You're right. The all-time series with Vandy is 19-19-1

And before any ignorant corndogs ask why we're tied with Vandy, the 'Dores used to be a football powerhouse, especially from about 1920-1950. The last time Vandy beat Auburn was 1955 in the Gator Bowl. We've played them 12 times since then, winning them all by an average score of 37-12. And Vandy has never won in Auburn.

I understand the history of the Iron Bowl and all of that, but what if Alabama takes years to recover from the penalties. What if AU beats them 5 or 6 times in a row but continues to split with LSU every year. What game will you honestly look forward to more?

109015[/snapback]

Alabama in a heartbeat. Just shows the ignorance of LSU fans about rivals. But that's understandable since ya'll don't know who your's is :D

supatigah said....

109015[/snapback]

-----------------------------------------------------

Answer....bama in a heartbeat. Just shows the ignorance of LSU fans about rivals. But that's understandable since ya'll don't know who your's is :D

110148[/snapback]

The youth of our team has become evident, and we can only look to the future when our SEC domination will begin again... :P

108969[/snapback]

I guess I missed it, but when did this "domination" begin the first time? <_<

LSU is 20-18-1 against AU.

LSU is 14-10-1 against UGA.

LSU is 51-37-4 against Ole Miss.

LSU is 62-33-3 against Miss State.

LSU is 65-22-7 against Tulane.

So I guess LSU's real rival is Miss State since we have played them the most times.

Whoohoo we dominate our Conference rival and our instate rival.

I think it is safe to say that in recent meetings, LSU's most bitter rival has become Auburn.

Is that better?

109025[/snapback]

You can say it's safe, but that doesn't make it safe. :no: You want to beat us more than anything. We still, and always will, consider LSWho a second tier rival. Deal with it. Good luck against the mighty Green Wave! That should be a classic, as always! :roflol:

I think that LSU fans have trouble with the fact that we see them not as a rival, but just as another good football program (like UF used to be). Sure, get excited about playing them and beating them, but if they weren't any good, we'd look at them as we do Ole Miss, just another team we have to play every year.

Our rivals are UA and UGA.

Their rivals are Arkansas (with that Golden Boot trophy and all).

They're just looking for someone to hate, and it kills them when we don't respond to with the same emotion.

ONE year = domination?

No, but in 4 years under Saban - 2 SEC Championships and 1 BCS National Championship in comparison to 5 years under Tubberville and none of the above does in my book. And, if LSU doesn't have a blown coverage in the final seconds vs. Arkansas in '02, LSU is in the SEC Championship game again. Dominance, maybe...consistent competing for SEC Championships, definitely.

ONE year = domination?

No, but in 4 years under Saban - 2 SEC Championships and 1 BCS National Championship in comparison to 5 years under Tubberville and none of the above does in my book. And, if LSU doesn't have a blown coverage in the final seconds vs. Arkansas in '02, LSU is in the SEC Championship game again. Dominance, maybe...consistent competing for SEC Championships, definitely.

110203[/snapback]

If LSU doesn't luck out on a hail mary against UK that same year, they get embarassed nationally and go on to dwell in the middle of the pack like always.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.......

ONE year = domination?

110203[/snapback]

And boy those previous years are doing wonders in 2004

Archived