Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

it may have been stated ... how many years of eligibility does he have?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always love running with a big lead blocker. I think every offense, spread or not, needs a "Jake Slaughter."

or a Brandon Johnson... I'm picturing Ronnie Brown's winning TD against Penn State with Brandon leading the way.

it may have been stated ... how many years of eligibility does he have?

It was posted that 3 to play 2

He sure looks like a FB

288716200-18083418.jpg

Reason why?

Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use.

John Riggins anyone?

I think the happiest person in the world right now is Phillip Lutzenkirchen.

Actually I would guess it is all the RBs.

He sure looks like a FB

288716200-18083418.jpg

Reason why?

Prosch had told the Alabama Press-Register that he wanted to transfer to be closer to his mother who is recovering from brain cancer and to find a system that better suits him than the spread offense new coach Tim Beckman will use.

John Riggins anyone?

I'd take a Riggins clone.

This will really help ease the pain of losing Dyer

That's funny.

Well, we already knew we won't be subjected to the Dyercat anymore on 3rd and 3.  Honestly, I loved Gus and will always appreciate what he accomplished on Auburn's behalf but it sure will be nice to see our QB under center again on 3rd and short and inside the 5 Y/L. 

Come on, now we have a lead blocker we can REALEASE the KIRCHEN.

Come on, now we have a lead blocker we can REALEASE the KIRCHEN.

I'd rather see what Lutz can do with the ball in his hand and a lead blocker though.

Crank up that Diesel!!!

I'd love to have him, personally. I never liked running a single back base set. I like what we've been doing with the motions and having backs line up in different spots, and I'm okay with using Lutzie in this role because he can do it, but at the end of the day I'm always going to want to have a fullback who can lead block and catch the ball out of the backfield. Tony Richardson and Heath Evans come to mind immediately...could this guy be that kind of good?

Crank up that Diesel!!!

I'd love to have him, personally. I never liked running a single back base set. I like what we've been doing with the motions and having backs line up in different spots, and I'm okay with using Lutzie in this role because he can do it, but at the end of the day I'm always going to want to have a fullback who can lead block and catch the ball out of the backfield. Tony Richardson and Heath Evans come to mind immediately...could this guy be that kind of good?

Jake Slaughter belongs in the same conversation with Tony Richardson and really before Heath Evans.

wde

Crank up that Diesel!!!

Jake Slaughter belongs in the same conversation with Tony Richardson and really before Heath Evans.

wde

Jake Slaughter

Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

Career 8 72 9.0 0 8 23 2.9 0   16     95 5.9 0

Heath Evans

Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

Career 135 590 4.4 4 23 203 8.8 0 158 793 5.0 4

Crank up that Diesel!!!

wde

Jake Slaughter

Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

Career   8     72 9.0  0        8 23 2.9 0      16      95 5.9 0

Heath Evans                                        

Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

Career   135 590 4.4 4      23 203 8.8 0     158 793 5.0 4

I was referring to Slaughter as a dominating blocking fullback.  Heath was used as a tailback some.

wde

Wasn't Slaughter the FB that had the dense bone structure and actually broke a surgical saw during a surgery?  Was drafted by the Falcons, but said "No Thanks" to football and went off into the wild blue yonder.

Mean lookin' dude.

I'm so excited to have this kid play for us.  However, my biggest concern is his mom.  The Auburn Family needs to pray as hard as possible for Mr. Prosch's family.  My mom had cancer when I was growing up, and it was terrible.  There was so many emotions going around in our family.  It's a tough feeling knowing someone you love so much is fighting a life-threatening disease, and you personally can't do anything to stop it.  I hope he feels at home with his new family, and I pray his mom's cancer goes into remission, and never EVER comes back again.

WAR EAGLE MR. PROSCH!

Crank up that Diesel!!!

wde

As a blocker, yes. As an all around fullback, no. Jake was outstanding at clearing the path for people, but was not the dynamic threat out of the backfield that Richardson and Evans were.

Besides, Evans played tailback some because we were still reeling from Tater Tot's recruiting woes and didn't have a really good pure running back. Rudi Johnson was the answer to that, and he teamed with Evans to have one of the best seasons by a running back in the history of Running Back University.

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

Would love it if Jay winds up being in the mold of one of my favorite AU FB's, Brandon Johnson (who played FB and LB at Alma Bryant HS).  Story goes back when Brandon was playing in the 1999 AL/MS High School All-Star game, Dontae Walker was walking down the line of AL players waiting for their lunch and telling each one how he was going to dominate them, knock them out, blah, blah, blah.  However when he got to Brandon, Walker just stuck out his hand and said, "Hey Brandon, howzit goin'?"  I think Brandon was one dude no one in their right mind wanted to tangle with and he brought that toughness with him to AU.  And Walker went on to a career at Parchman punching out license plates.

Carl Stewart would like to be mentioned in this thread.

As well he should. For that matter, Eric Smith should be mentioned in this thread, because he did some good things for us too. While we're at it, let's see...there's Tommy Agee, Harold Morrow, Reid McMilion, Fred Beasley...anyone else we've left out?

Sometimes people forget that while Auburn has put out some of the greatest running backs of all time, we've also had some of the best fullbacks of all time leading the way for them.

Carl Stewart would like to be mentioned in this thread.

As well he should. For that matter, Eric Smith should be mentioned in this thread, because he did some good things for us too. While we're at it, let's see...there's Tommy Agee, Harold Morrow, Reid McMilion, Fred Beasley...anyone else we've left out?

Sometimes people forget that while Auburn has put out some of the greatest running backs of all time, we've also had some of the best fullbacks of all time leading the way for them.

IMO this is why we are "running back U" and many consider USCw "tailback U"

Is this kid going to be immediately elgible or not? I know bird said earlier in the thread he would be but i was reading on the recruiting board that he would count against the 25 limit similar to mike blakely last year and he wasn't elgible so idk. Somebody help me out on this one. Thanks.

Archived