Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Bonomolo, you know, looks good in the weight room, never gets on the field. Speaking of Bomo, is even still on the team?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be like Bonomolo, you know, looks good in the weight room, never gets on the field. Speaking of Bomo, is even still on the team?

:o:dunno:  He was an All-American fullback at Illinois.

i could be completely wrong, but i don't think we are going to see that out of this young man.  positionally, i think he is a better fit than Bono to get instant playing time (considering our FB depth is minimal :P), but he is already proven himself an asset on the D1 level.  All-American i believe.

As for Bono, i am disappointed so far, as i was very excited to see what he could do for us.  I assume he is still on the team, and if so, i still look forward to him on the field.

:o:dunno:  He was an All-American fullback at Illinois.

^^^THIS^^^

Well the post was from mileHIGHfan, so maybe that explains it... :tease:

:laugh: :laugh:

Hey limestone, since you work so closely with ChiIk, I'll just direct all questions regarding AU football to you. I just asked a question about a player. No need to be wise a$$.

Hey limestone, since you work so closely with ChiIk, I'll just direct all questions regarding AU football to you. I just asked a question about a player. No need to be wise a$$.

I think he was referring to your statement about hoping he doesn't turn out to be a workout wonder like Bonomolo. Prosch is an entirely different kind of player; he didn't come from JUCO, he came from the Big 10, which is known for its powerhouse style of football. They don't have the team speed that the SEC does, but they sure do got some hosses, and he was good enough at knocking those hosses around to be named an All-American. Not JUCO All-American, but NCAA FBS All-American.

He'll be fine. Don't worry about that.

I think he was referring to your statement about hoping he doesn't turn out to be a workout wonder like Bonomolo. Prosch is an entirely different kind of player; he didn't come from JUCO, he came from the Big 10, which is known for its powerhouse style of football. They don't have the team speed that the SEC does, but they sure do got some hosses, and he was good enough at knocking those hosses around to be named an All-American. Not JUCO All-American, but NCAA FBS All-American.

He'll be fine. Don't worry about that.

+1  Do yourself a favor and checkout his highlight video if you haven't yet...it's very impressive. JP can really lay the lumber.

Lighten up Francis.

I believe Bromolo was named to the Academic All SEC team so he is doing many things right.  He may come on next year. 

Will Jay count towards our 2012 class or last years class?

No problem with that, its like signing a 5* player.

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

Hey Milehigh, been off the board for a couple of days so didn't see your comment on my post.  I did not mean any offense, just an attempt at some humor and thus the 'Nyah-Nyah' emoticon.  Please accept my apologies if I p'd you off as that was in no way my intent.

WDE

• 1 month later...

According to this article,  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1100274-auburn-football-2012-predicting-the-pre-spring-two-deep-depth-chart/page/3 Prosch is eligible. Is this true?

Here's a quote:

Prosch will be immediately eligible due to a hardship waiver

I searched, but didn't find any new information on Prosch.

Thanks.

War Eagle

I thought he was eligible because his mother was sick and she lives in the area. That is why he transfered schools. That should be eligible for a hardship waiver. If not the NCAA is a bunch of douches.

Looks like the key words in the bleacher reports article are "will be."

Also, the NCAA is a bunch of douches, regardless of how they rule on this matter.

Looks like the key words in the bleacher reports article are "will be."

Also, the NCAA is a bunch of douches, regardless of how they rule on this matter.

PREACH ON GOOD SIR!!

I thought he was eligible because his mother was sick and she lives in the area. That is why he transfered schools. That should be eligible for a hardship waiver. If not the NCAA is a bunch of douches.

Eligible, yes... still waiting approval though.

Archived