Jay Prosch has been granted a waiver from the NCAA.

auburnandjagsfan

Guest jrljr

This guy will be laying some Time Out hurting on some LB's this year. Kid had some pretty big guns on him in the 2nd grade per the video clip I saw.

:timeout:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was eligible because his mother was sick and she lives in the area. That is why he transfered schools. That should be eligible for a hardship waiver. If not the NCAA is a bunch of douches.

Eligible, yes... still waiting approval though.

^This

I asked Jay Tate (reporter who covers Auburn for the Montgomery Advertiser) on his forum if he felt Prosch would be cleared to play this season and he said yes. 

I asked Jay Tate (reporter who covers Auburn for the Montgomery Advertiser) on his forum if he felt Prosch would be cleared to play this season and he said yes.   

Nice!

Hope he contributes on the field like Eric Smith. Same type build.

Would be nice to get that NCAA approval behind us....I never feel good about what the NCAA might do in any particular situation.  Too often it appears they make up the rules on the fly.

Hope he contributes on the field like Eric Smith. Same type build.

I expect him to bring a similar game to the table...except he might actually be a better blocker.

Since I did not see where he was listed in the RB stretch lines and such, can we assume he has yet to be cleared to practice???

Prosch did practice today.

Doesn't really mean anything. Transfers can practice, but they still have to be cleared by the NCAA for games. I think he'll get the waiver though.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JHokanson: Chizik said Auburn has filed a waiver for FB Jay Prosch to play immediately and is waiting to hear back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transfer has been working for Jay and his mom.  He has been able to visit her in Mobile 4 times since the transfer and she has been to Auburn 3 times.  Yall continue praying for her.

• 1 month later...

quote:

@JHokanson: Chizik said Auburn has filed a waiver for FB Jay Prosch to play immediately and is waiting to hear back.

Any news on the waiver?

quote:

Any news on the waiver?

It'll probably be June/July before we hear back on those.

I'm just curious but Jay transferred in the Dec-Jan time frame. I am wondering why things like this take so long. You would think this is one thing the NCAA could do in a reasonable time frame.

I'm just curious but Jay transferred in the Dec-Jan time frame. I am wondering why things like this take so long. You would think this is one thing the NCAA could do in a reasonable time frame.

Key word you used is "think" - and the NCAA has trouble with that..... :banghead:

Key word you used is "think" - and the NCAA has trouble with that..... :banghead:

Good point,lol.

The NCAA has anything beneficial to Auburn very low on it's list of priorities ..... BUT if someone makes an accusation of a rules violation ..... Auburn jumps from #126 on their list to #1 faster than a cat can lick it's @$$  :dunno:

Jay Prosch will be a fan favorite next year. Everyone likes a bruser that opens up holes for the RB's and QB. We are lucky to have Jay!

I have to believe that Jay will be cleared to play this year.  However, I will not be too disappointed if he is not....Auburn is still a very young team this year and they will be a much better team in 2013 & 2014.  We will be challenging for a national championship in those years. I would love to have an all-american full back to help during those years.  That being said, I hope Jay is able to join his teammates this year and I can't wait to see him crush some opponents. 

I have to believe that Jay will be cleared to play this year.  However, I will not be too disappointed if he is not....Auburn is still a very young team this year and they will be a much better team in 2013 & 2014.  We will be challenging for a national championship in those years. I would love to have an all-american full back to help during those years.  That being said, I hope Jay is able to join his teammates this year and I can't wait to see him crush some opponents. 

That is a good point, but I would like for Jay to play this year to free up Lutz for his senior year. We will need that added dimension with so few proven receivers.

If I remember correctly, Auburn didn't file the waiver immediately when Jay enrolled. It hasn't been much longer than a month since Auburn filed the waiver with the NCAA. I find it difficult to believe that the NCAA won't grant it because of Jay's mom's health.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been on here in a while but I noticed he still has not been cleared. Does anyone know why? I know they don't do that often, but if their ever was a case for it , this should be it.    :believe:

Archived