Memphis

msg6367

I understand that this is a recruiting violation but how much trouble would MSU get in for only giving $200 to a kid? Im sure they gave more but if this is all they can find then it cant be that substantial of a punishment

No substantial punishment. But you gotta wonder how long the NCAA will allow MSU to continue running around with rouge boosters. Over the past 2-3 years MSU hasn't exactly fostered an enviroment of compliace, have they?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://101.gs/7wegmjd

ESPN has this on their front page now

That's from a radio interview yesterday. That's not the story that everyone is discussing.

$100 handshakes are hard to prove but easy to say you witnessed it. I'm not saying it didn't happen brecause I think it did but it's hard to prove in an NCAA investigation.

I have a feeling too that the Msu story is a different but related story. Feels like someone is trying to let us relax after yesterday, just to come out with something else soon. Keep us on an "emotional roller coaster", if you will.

Hey! AU may end up winning the MSU game after all---by forfeit.

It doesn't work like that.

If they forfeit any wins, it's as if the game never happened. We won't be awarded the victory by default.

You're a bit confused. A MSU forfeit would give AU a win, a MSU vacated win = no one wins. Two different things.

I guess we are arguing semantics; because I can't recall a time when a game was ever forfeited to another team based on NCAA violations.

You must have a short memory then... 1999 was the last one. In fact, the common use of vacated wins is relatively new. In prior years it was more commonly a forfeit. The first common use of Vacated wins started in 2009 with Alabama (vacated 2005, 2006 and 2007 season), followed by FSU in early 2010 (vacated 2006 and 2007 season), then followed later that year with USCw (vacated 2004 and 2005 season) Most noteable is the current Penn State Vacated wins which reach back to 1998. I believe there may have been one or two vacated wins prior to the NCAA starting to use it commonly in 2009 to reach back and slap FSU, Alabama and USCw.. but they mostly used forfeits prior to handing out sanctions in 2009.

http://www.sports-re...iv/forfeits.cgi

Interesting.

No short memory, from 99-2003, I was in high school. My priorities, and interests were a little different back then.

My friend sent me a link this morning that said 97.3 The Zone in Birmingham had a special guest on that said AU has received a NCAA NOA.

I've never heard of a NOA so I asked what it stood for. He said Notice of Allegations. I've always heard the term National letter of Inquiry (NLI).

As you can see I'm not providing the link he sent because it was to a turd website. :devil:

Does anyone listen to 97.3 that could tell who the guest was and what he actually said?

Turd websites are the best for credible information

That's why the link wasn't provided....but I would like to know who the guest was and if that claim was really made. Sometime Bammer ears don't work like the rest of the world and they hear things that were never spoken. They may hear "Auburn" mentioned in a sentence and then they zone out and make up the rest of the sentence themselves and will swear on the Bear's grave that it was true.

I have searched google for any combination about an NOA (which does exist, it is a "notice of allegations") for auburn, mentioned on radio, or in the last few or next few days and came up with a big fat nothing.

Don't we get "allegations" thrown at us by the updykes on a daily basis?It's hard to keep up with all of the allegations we have had agianst us the last few years. We have all learned that allegations dont always equall guilt.

Finebaum has mentioned it.

Do you realize that you have 13 posts to this thread? Starting with the PF mention and running the spectrum to now having inside information.

3930_chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com.jpg

I had one of those! No cool ground effects though.

My friend sent me a link this morning that said 97.3 The Zone in Birmingham had a special guest on that said AU has received a NCAA NOA.

I've never heard of a NOA so I asked what it stood for. He said Notice of Allegations. I've always heard the term National letter of Inquiry (NLI).

As you can see I'm not providing the link he sent because it was to a turd website. :devil:

Does anyone listen to 97.3 that could tell who the guest was and what he actually said?

Notice of Inquiry comes first which is the NCAA saying they are going to open a formal investigation. Notice of Allegations comes after the investigations if anything is found. It is a list of what they found and the specific rules that the infractions violated. This is what the school responds to.

So this would be complete and total BS. We would have known AU was being investigated by now.

All clear. There were some folks pushing hard to point fingers down south, but there was nothing, and is still nothing but speculation. And unless you work for the National Enquirer, stories can't be formed purely from speculation. Like I said earlier, there is one instance where this could turn sour, but I don't see it happening. Time to focus on beating ULM.

I think it may have just dropped.

http://sports.yahoo....to-recruit.html

Sorry, on mobile.

M$U should have known better than to use a UAT worshiper (De'Vinner) to rustle up players for them. Forde+bamzo=BS + framed. Don't get me wrong, I'll laugh all week if M$U goes down, but banking on the words of a turd insider and Pat Forde is something I've learned not to do.

Lets see something real here, can we?

Archived