Memphis

msg6367

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing Danny DeVito gave a Mississippi State player money. I can't believe the former Taxi actor has the audacity to flagrantly disregard the rules and regulations of the NCAA. Waiting for a statement from his publicist.

how many MSU booster's need to get tied to offering money to recruits under Mullen, before anyone makes a huge deal about it???

I don't believe this is tied to Mullen, but I believe he knows some strings are trying to be pulled.

Boosters don't want Mullen to get fired after another couple of bad seasons. They know they will be stuck hiring third tier coach if that happens, so they are willing to do what it takes to get MSU off the bottom of the barrel.

Hey! AU may end up winning the MSU game after all---by forfeit.

i like the way you think, man. in a few weeks we could be back on top of the west if they take out bammer and lsu too.

I'm hearing Danny DeVito gave a Mississippi State player money. I can't believe the former Taxi actor has the audacity to flagrantly disregard the rules and regulations of the NCAA. Waiting for a statement from his publicist.

after "The Rainmaker" he just liked being a crooked Memphis laywer so much (who failed the bar 7 times)he stayed there.

i like the way you think, man. in a few weeks we could be back on top of the west if they take out bammer and lsu too.

Wins are forfeited. Not losses! I know it sucks, but thats how it goes!

I am perplexed by the amount of details people give ( account dollar amounts, bad for Trooper, someone in the know says, teacher/soccer coach did whatever, etc.) but there is still NO story, NO TRUE facts, NO NOTHING! Yet we speculate to the enth degree mostly to our detriment.

MY OPINION, we need to stir the pot less, listen more, and be patient with our comments and judgements. Otherwise we all look foolish as individuals, and as a group of individuals we make Auburn look foolish.

If there is adversity or NOT, handle it like grown men and women with True Auburn Character and not in a manner that rivals use as childish immature mochery.

It doesn't work like that.

If they forfeit any wins, it's as if the game never happened. We won't be awarded the victory by default.

You're a bit confused. A MSU forfeit would give AU a win, a MSU vacated win = no one wins. Two different things.

Dale Jackson. Please read somebody updated WVNN wikapedia page on him :bow: . He is the idiot that said it was about cam.

I would be shocked beyond belief if Dale Jackson broke any kind of story. He is deeply stupid IMO

It doesn't work like that.

If they forfeit any wins, it's as if the game never happened. We won't be awarded the victory by default.

You're a bit confused. A MSU forfeit would give AU a win, a MSU vacated win = no one wins. Two different things.

I guess we are arguing semantics; because I can't recall a time when a game was ever forfeited to another team based on NCAA violations.

Sounds like UGA and the Bammers are gonna end up being mentioned.. But just barely. Also sounds like the AU talk is mild and likely warrants no punishment. MSU is gonna have their hands full. Let's just ride this year out, let the team get adjusted to the new systems. I support this program in more ways than one, and I can tell you, no one hates to lose any more than I do. But it is what it is. Coaches have recruited some guys who, in hind sight, might should have passed on. But it happens everywhere. Right now, our best players are young and inexperienced. Today should remind us that there is more to life than football. Next year, we win 11 games and beat the turds in JHS.

Dale Jackson. Please read somebody updated WVNN wikapedia page on him :bow: . He is the idiot that said it was about cam.

I would be shocked beyond belief if Dale Jackson broke any kind of story. He is deeply stupid IMO

He has been getting his rear end handed to him on twitter the past 24 hours. I imagine it will only get worse

I'm afraid I've got to say I'm disappointed in Phillip Marshall for saying things "looked bad" for Auburn. I've always had a great deal of respect for him and even more back in the day for his dad. I've always heard that kids come to schools with their coaches for unofficial visits all the time. Heck, back in the day my chemistry teacher took a bunch of us to Auburn to see the engineering program there and Auburn put on a pretty good dog and pony show for us. That's what teachers should do even if they went to the school. If all there is is a ride to visit Auburn by one of the teachers at his school thats a bunch of bs even if somehow that gets turned into a secondary violation. If a 7 on 7 coach takes a player on a visit that may be a different ball of yarn.

Marshall has been butt hurt since CTT left and his "sources" left with him. PM is no more an insider than 90% of the the board.

wde

I'm afraid I've got to say I'm disappointed in Phillip Marshall for saying things "looked bad" for Auburn. I've always had a great deal of respect for him and even more back in the day for his dad. I've always heard that kids come to schools with their coaches for unofficial visits all the time. Heck, back in the day my chemistry teacher took a bunch of us to Auburn to see the engineering program there and Auburn put on a pretty good dog and pony show for us. That's what teachers should do even if they went to the school. If all there is is a ride to visit Auburn by one of the teachers at his school thats a bunch of bs even if somehow that gets turned into a secondary violation. If a 7 on 7 coach takes a player on a visit that may be a different ball of yarn.

Marshall has been butt hurt since CTT left and his "sources" left with him. PM is no more an insider than 90% of the the board.

wde

You are very wrong about PM

It was either 1975 through 1977 or 1976 through 1978 that MSU had to forfeit a bunch of wins and ties under Emory Ballard or however you spelled his last name. Anyhow, Aubur awarded 3 wins because State had beaten us twice and tied us ones during those 3 years.

If anybody associated or previously associated with the school has talked to ESPN and/or Yahoo about grades, they are in direct violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. If the media outlets go public with the information they also would be in violation.

Maybe so, but it happens so often that nothing would be done about it. We've already seen over the years that people aren't afraid to give up private/protected information and media outlets aren't afraid to report on it.

Actually there have been some cases in which people got in trouble for divulging information covered by HIPAA and FERPA.

Some stuff being reported is just incorrect. I will say again, CGC is a fantastic human being. If something were done that could tarnish AU, coach had nothing to do with it. Trust me.

There may be some things come out that don't sound good, but until someone proves wrong doing, it does nothing but make someone look bad, and tarnish a reputation.

If anybody associated or previously associated with the school has talked to ESPN and/or Yahoo about grades, they are in direct violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. If the media outlets go public with the information they also would be in violation.

Maybe so, but it happens so often that nothing would be done about it. We've already seen over the years that people aren't afraid to give up private/protected information and media outlets aren't afraid to report on it.

Actually there have been some cases in which people got in trouble for divulging information covered by HIPAA and FERPA.

Indeed.

Archived