Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Petrino has no morals and no ethics...he would be the absolute WORST hire for Auburn....

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

Just a couple of the lines we need to remember at this point!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrino is PROVEN as a HC in the SEC. That speaks for itself.

Really? He is 2-6 against LSU and Alabama...Guess what Chizik will be if we lose to Alabama this year....you guessed it, 2-6!! Petrino has ZERO ethical or moral compass!

and Gene Chizik has a moral compass as he gladly accepts a $10 million buyout and allows our team to run around without any leadership or discipline, to the point that several will be jailed for many years and others were gunned down? I am not putting that directly on him, but the culture he created or promoted or ignored allowed it. It didn't happen under Tubs. just sayin!

Didn't happen under Tubs? Seriously? I think you have your Chizik hating glasses on...btw, I think Chizik needs to go as well...but a Petrino hire means we have SOLD OUR SOUL for the purpose of winning football games...SORRY, NOT WILLING TO DO THAT!

Petrino has no morals and no ethics...he would be the absolute WORST hire for Auburn....

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

Pine Box Tubby, Pat Dye Field and the David Housel Pressbox say "Hello!"

He wins and does it without NCAA issues, that's all that matters.

I have a strong opinion of this hire. But that is not the issue. If for no other reason than it will split Auburn fans into 2 camps, we cannot afford it. The next hire, if there is one, must unite and not divide. For that reason alone I am against Petrino.

Homerun hires

Carroll

Stoops

Jeff Fisher

Petrino

Realistic/Affordable hires

Jimbo Fisher

Petrino

Gus

Rhoads

in the end, I still believe Petrino to be the "best" candidate for the job.

Best = proven winner, cost efficient due to outside baggage, no ncaa troubles

Nice list. +1

Got my approval....

honesty and truthfulness, please name the coaches out there that adhere to this 100% of the time...

I know that ZERO of the Auburn coaches in the past 30 years qualify.

Obedience to law...what about our secondary violations? what about our kids getting arrested every other month it seems?

Maybe we can phone the vatican...wait, they aren't honest all the time either.

And here are some lines you should remember as well:

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." - Matthew 6 14:15

Really? He is 2-6 against LSU and Alabama...Guess what Chizik will be if we lose to Alabama this year....you guessed it, 2-6!! Petrino has ZERO ethical or moral compass!

and Gene Chizik has a moral compass as he gladly accepts a $10 million buyout and allows our team to run around without any leadership or discipline, to the point that several will be jailed for many years and others were gunned down? I am not putting that directly on him, but the culture he created or promoted or ignored allowed it. It didn't happen under Tubs. just sayin!

Didn't happen under Tubs? Seriously? I think you have your Chizik hating glasses on...btw, I think Chizik needs to go as well...but a Petrino hire means we have SOLD OUR SOUL for the purpose of winning football games...SORRY, NOT WILLING TO DO THAT!

Oh, it happened under Tubs, but not nearly at the same rapid pace we have seen since 2010. If we are dealing in absolutes, then you can give me the list of those that meet your criteria of never having sinned in the past. Is it any more immoral to lie to your kids than to cheat on your wife? Or tell your team you will be leaving in a pine box? or be a drunk that lands your school on probation?

Forgive me if I don't see it as that big of a deal since we will NOT be hiring a perfect man no matter who we select.

Oh, I see, so because somebody else did something, we should hire a slimeball that WE KNOW has quit in the middle of the night, lied to his employee, had an affair with a recent student, and paid her a bonus after breaking University rules to hire her in the first place? Do you read your responses before you post them?

Oh, it happened under Tubs, but not nearly at the same rapid pace we have seen since 2010. If we are dealing in absolutes, then you can give me the list of those that meet your criteria of never having sinned in the past. Is it any more immoral to lie to your kids than to cheat on your wife? Or tell your team you will be leaving in a pine box? or be a drunk that lands your school on probation?

Forgive me if I don't see it as that big of a deal since we will NOT be hiring a perfect man no matter who we select.

Again, not saying others havent done things...just saying we KNOW what Petrino has done...if you have 3 people applying to share your apartment, are you going to hire the one who recently got out of prison or the one who probably has done something wrong in the past--that you dont know about--but looks clean for now?

Again, not saying others havent done things...just saying we KNOW what Petrino has done...if you have 3 people applying to share your apartment, are you going to hire the one who recently got out of prison or the one who probably has done something wrong in the past--that you dont know about--but looks clean for now?

Probably hire the 1 fresh from prison since would not be afraid to go back! That way if our apartment got robbed the ex inmate would not take any crap! All depends on one's perspective!

You see a person that may not be trustworthy, where some see a person as street wise and provide some level of security!

Well, time to go.. If Petrino is hired, Auburn will be selling their soul to win a football game or two...War Damn Eagle and good night!!

War Eagle my friend. I know we share the same love for our University. Just different viewpoints on the HC situation.

Nothing personal and God bless.

Jimmy Johnson just came out today stating ARK should give Petrino another chance or hire Butch Davis. Obviously, both have a past but BOTH will find work. Petrino has ZERO NCAA issues and will find work whether it is with us or TN or KY. God help us if he goes to another SEC program and we don't get a winner this time.

War Eagle !

I love this continuing line of bull****. Nice job combining the stats to make them look worse.

He was 2-2 vs LSU

1-1 vs Georgia

2-0 vs South Carolina

3-1 vs Auburn

0-4 vs Alabama

Only 3 coaches have beaten Bama in the past 3+ seasons. Miles twice, Chizik once, Spurrier once. Chizik is about to be fired. Unless you think we can snag one of the other two, this tired, unoriginal argument needs to go the way of the dinosaur.

Easy there, Titan! No sense in clouding the issue with FACTS!

Jimmy Johnson just came out today stating ARK should give Petrino another chance or hire Butch Davis. Obviously, both have a past but BOTH will find work. Petrino has ZERO NCAA issues and will find work whether it is with us or TN or KY. God help us if he goes to another SEC program and we don't get a winner this time.

War Eagle !

I agree. As I have said before, can anyone think of a more qualified candidate with a bigger chip on his shoulder and with more to prove than Petrino?

Oh, I see, so because somebody else did something, we should hire a slimeball that WE KNOW has quit in the middle of the night, lied to his employee, had an affair with a recent student, and paid her a bonus after breaking University rules to hire her in the first place? Do you read your responses before you post them?

No you don't see. Unless you propose to strip the names off our field and pressbox, your Creed mongering is hypocritical.

Anyone that says Auburn would be selling their souls to hire BP is being what I like call a tad over dramatic. Some of you people act like he on par with Sandusky.

I'm not defending his actions but if his wife can try and forgive him then who the hell am I to sit here and say he is a horrible human being. I imagine she knows the man better than anyone here and if she truely felt that way, BP would be going through a divorce just like that other guy who every stinking Auburn fan in the world would fall over themselves just to hire. What was his name again?? Oh yeah Sean Payton.

Btw, just goggle the words "Sean Payton Affair" and see what pops up. Hypocrites make me shake my head sometimes and I wonder if they even believe what they are spewing.

War Eagle !

I agree. As I have said before, can anyone think of a more qualified candidate with a bigger chip on his shoulder and with more to prove than Petrino?

We can still win NCs and not throw the Creed out the window. The problem is that our fan base is as divided as our country is right now. I don't trash other Auburn people, but it makes my blood boil when I see all AU fans satisfied with 8-9 wins a year. I still love them, but hate their view on what is acceptable. Until our fan base comes together and raises the bar expecting SECCs & NCs we won't get there. 2010 should have been a springboard to being an elite program, not a reason to be satisfied and make excuses each year for not even being competitive.

War Eagle !

Well, time to go.. If Petrino is hired, Auburn will be selling their soul to win a football game or two...War Damn Eagle and good night!!

War Eagle my friend. I know we share the same love for our University. Just different viewpoints on the HC situation.

Nothing personal and God bless.

This ^^^

I don't believe there is a perfect man or a perfect hire. If you dig enough, every man will be found to have character flaws. I believe this to be true. Therefore, I don't believe that we should strike Petrino from the list because of his past transgressions. We should weigh the pros and cons of a petrino hire and compare him to the next guy and the next guy. IMO, if properly weighted, we should hire him over the other popular candidates like Strong, patterson and the like (unless Bob Stoops or Chip Kelly is willing to come on board).

Funny how a lot of folks want to slam him about his transgressions, while it seems that Arkansas thinks he may be a change man because they are considering re-hiring him. I guess he can be forgiven after all , even by the very one who who he sinned against. I still say hire the man NOW!!

It's hard to believe some of you still him this guy as our head coach after all the crap he's down to his wife and children. If I had a son, I would not won't him to play for Bob P. What does it say about the parents who would allow their sons play for a man who stepped out on his wife with a girl who's 15 or 25 years younger then him.

Even Dick Vitale is in support of BP per twitter:

"Yes the guy has issues - they have been documented but don't ppl in many cases get 2nd & 3rd chances-Just asking what about PETRINO @ UK?"

Archived