2013 3* P Jimmy Hutchinson commits to AU! (grayshirt)

RunInRed

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pickup! I think Clark is only here for two more years so this guy will be able to redshirt and take over after that.

Giving scholarships to punters and kickers don't help your recruiting rankings and when your likely going to have to take a small class like we are some people are going to grumble. But without our outstanding kicking game last year a bet we have a losing record so these guys are extremely important. Good special teams can make an average team look good and a good team look great.

Welcome to the Plains Jimmy!!!

I doubt anyone will grumble. And from what I understand we are looking to sign a full class this year, plus a few count backs. Congrats to Jimmy, welcome home!

This is why we have the best special teams play of anyone, or we are right there with the best. We get the best punters and kickers, and then expect them to prove they are the best. Welcome to the Auburn family, Jimmy.

Does anyone remember when we used to supposedly recruit best posistion available instead of concentrating on meeting needs? Well this coaching is spot on when it comes to meeting needs.  :we:

:believe:

I looked through his competition results.  He looks to be averaging somewhere around 45 yards and 4.5 second hang time.

According to one kicking source, his average is 41+ with a hang time of 4.7. Dang good hang time and good distance. Will get better as he gtes stronger also.

I looked through his competition results.  He looks to be averaging somewhere around 45 yards and 4.5 second hang time.

According to one kicking source, his average is 41+ with a hang time of 4.7. Dang good hang time and good distance. Will get better as he gtes stronger also.

And he WILL get stronger.  Seems every day Steven Clark is talking about how sore he is from workouts.  Yox doesn't mess around with the special teams guys.  He puts them to work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived