***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Dude anyone blaMing the offense is an idiot. 38 points should win a game. I'd eills coaches worth a Damn we win the game. Id the refs call the game correct we win the game. Period

Finally....someone with common sense. We bailed the D out against USCe so I guess we were suppose to the same today. This loss is ALL on EJ, the coaches on defense and players on defense.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

Sorry I doubted you bud. You were right all along. Defense is lost

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

We scored 38 points and lost. And the offense is responsible how.......?

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

And what happens if the defense doesn't give up 35?

The offense fumbled early in the game so that did not help. It put AU in a big hole and mentally put the defense on edge. This team is not much of a come-from-behind-under-dire-circumstances team like AU fans have come to expect. Other teams are better prepared for AU this season than they ever have been before. It's time for Gus to shake up his strategy.

Totally agree with this last statement. Starting with defense. If you cant score 38 and expect to win something is wrong

Dude anyone blaMing the offense is an idiot. 38 points should win a game. I'd eills coaches worth a Damn we win the game. Id the refs call the game correct we win the game. Period

Finally....someone with common sense. We bailed the D out against USCe so I guess we were suppose to the same today. This loss is ALL on EJ, the coaches on defense and players on defense.

Yep

Here's what else sucks - even if we win out, barring any kind of collapse by MSU or Bama that would land us in the SEC championship, a two loss team with one of those being over an atrocious TAM at home will forever hold us out of the playoffs. That's the very worst thing about this pathetic display tonight.

this. We now have a "bad" loss. Lost the bargaining chip

I don't want excuses. MSU is getting it done with less stellar recruits. We have enough talent to have a good defense.

I agree. At worst we should be mediocre. The truth is, we are just pitiful on D. An O should not have to score as much as we do to win games. That was not a good team that beat us today, but they did outplay us.

This was a total team loss. Obviously the defense played a bigger part than anything else considering the avalanche of points in the first half but special teams gave up a couple of big returns and of course the play of the game. Offense was poor in the first half as well. Auburn was not ready to play this game, bottom line. It's good that the team adjusted in the second half but they never should have been in that position in the first place. Seniors and coaches need to take responsibility for this.

Auburn got caught unprepared and for the second time this year, could not find a way to dig itself out of a hole. Coaches will have to earn their pay from here on out if we have a chance of finishing better than 8-4.

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

Or it's the offense trying to desperately pull us out of the hole the defense created.

BINGO!

So many missed tackles. Defense seems to be getting worse each week. I have to wonder if this team is mentally exhausted after so many tough opponents in succession.

I have no way of knowing if this loss helps us in Amen Corner..but knowing you are now the underdog and not going to any Championship game, may allow the team and coaches more effort to keep from going all the way from good with potential to poor.

No. Just no. Nobody is a bigger AU fan than me. But losing a game when you score 30 + points? My goodness, Shug is turning over in his grave! Do you think UA or LSU loses this game with a couple of turnovers? We have no defense. This is awful. The players are trying, what the hell are the coaches doing? I just want to see some team a bit scared to run up the middle on an AU defense, or hurrying passes because we are gonna bust them if they hold it. I do not see it. Nobody fears our defense. I love the players, and salute them all. They are doing the best they know how. They should know more.

Every one could have done a better job. Too many mistakes. I hope those guys are angry instead of sad

you shouldn't lose scoring 38 points

...said a berated few here a month ago. Let's see a show of hands of those believing Ellis is emphasizing skills, creating good game plans, improving our D weekly and heading us in the right direction? I know, he has white hair, he MUST know what he's doing. Like his previous half dozen gigs.

Please. Do not blame Dismukes. Wait for info. He snapped it for a reason. That kid has WON a ton of games busting his tail for AU...

Very well but the explanation should be interesting....................

mdg929

And what happens if the defense doesn't give up 35?

The SAME thing that happens if the offense doesn't fumble away the game....we win. It's on both. "If, if, if." Look, if grandma had balls, we'd call her grandpa.

So you're saying if the defense doesnt give up 35 it's the same as if ee fumble to score 40 something?

No, I'm saying what I just said. You live in a fairy tale world of ifs. I'd prefer to focus on what actually happened here in reality - the defense played a huge part in the loss to state the clear obvious. AND the offense played a huge part in the loss with 2 key fumbles what would have won the game for us. Both are responsible, and if you can't see that, I have no interest in trying to persuade someone who's not open to reason.

I will say I was hoping the defense would show up so we could have a breather before amen corner. Finally bit us.

Let the meltdown begin! On your mark...get set....GO!

Just a question - but WHEN would a meltdown be acceptable? Just curious...please help those of us who expect far more from the #3 team in the nation besides that atrocity of execution at the end on offense, horrific defense, and below average special teams? Help me out here....

You're providing a good example of it right now. I'm not looking for an argument.

If you are not looking for an argument, then you are just a little bi-otch. What kind if statement is that. Go someplace else if you are gong to be an instigator.

I stated I wasn't looking for an argument. Chill man and read. He came for me and I'm acting like a bi-otch. Ok. Wow. Meltdown is epic tonight.

So many missed tackles. Defense seems to be getting worse each week. I have to wonder if this team is mentally exhausted after so many tough opponents in succession.

The offense has not been clicking on all cylinders either. The whole team seems exhausted. This schedule was just too brutal.

mdg929

They didn't score more than 41. :)

This was a total team loss. Obviously the defense played a bigger part than anything else considering the avalanche of points in the first half but special teams gave up a couple of big returns and of course the play of the game. Offense was poor in the first half as well. Auburn was not ready to play this game, bottom line. It's good that the team adjusted in the second half but they never should have been in that position in the first place. Seniors and coaches need to take responsibility for this.

Auburn got caught unprepared and for the second time this year, could not find a way to dig itself out of a hole. Coaches will have to earn their pay from here on out if we have a chance of finishing better than 8-4.

This is a "drop the mic" kind of post for all of the ding-dongs that insist that this wasn't a team loss.

mdg929

I'd be interested in hearing someone answer this one.

You will not get an answer. Just people calling you names and picking fights.

mdg929

Its at the feet of the defense lady. A true freshman, 18 yr old QB starting his first game on the road in a hostile environment like JHS was allowed to operate his offense and helped put 4 TDs on the board. There were multiple times where the Aggies ran it right down our throat and our secondary got burned multiple times. I place no blame on the offense, they did everything their power to bring us a comeback win.

Archived