Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually waiting until now to read the boards or any social media hoping around noon I would gave good news. Imagine my dissapointment....

I don't think there is actually any official word that Houston has talked to Muschamp or whatever. I think it's all rumors and fans wanting him at this point. I don't think we have to worry about competition with UH. Not the right job for him.

They have talked but no offer yet as of yesterday.

Didn't someone say last night that they expect the announcement to come around 2PM CT?

I don't think anyone outside of Gus's inner circle, Muschamp and Sexton have any clue when a DC will be announced.

I haven't seen even one word directly quoted from Muschamp regarding AU..... Did I miss something?

Use logic. He's not going to discuss any team til he makes a decision.

Insiders on USC boards are starting to say they are hearing WM to Auburn and they are MELTING DOWN.....its pretty funny :)

True SC insiders have always felt AU led FWIW. SC is likely out. It looks to be AU and Houston.

I honestly think the Houston thing is all Sexton being Sexton. I can't imagine why something this big would take so long. In my mind, I see Sexton and WM sitting in a room, with Sexton arguing that he can get this, or get that if WM will just wait out the storm. In his mind, WM is probably just thinking, "Dude, if this AU offer comes off the table, I'm taking you off the table." It's well known that he wants to be here. It's also well known that Jimmy Sexton is the man when it comes to negotiations. I just hope he plays his cards right and gets WM what he wants, because we want him, he wants us. No need to try to be the stronger, faster man in the board room when all that needs to happen is a yes or no.

I haven't seen even one word directly quoted from Muschamp regarding AU..... Did I miss something?

Numerous reports of mutual interest leads me to believe this. No direct quotes. But let's be honest, from an objective standpoint. AU is the move. You don't leave one failed HC gig (due to lack of offensive production) to go to a smaller school, with less resources, that's known as an offense first program. Stay in play with the big boys, let some of the dust settle on your name as an HC, destroy some top level competition with your defense that everyone know you're capable of. Learn from one of the most progressive offensive minds in the country and prepare yourself for the massive payday you deserve in a few years. Groom the guy under you to take over the DEF at said program (AU) that gave you the opportunity to keep yourself relevant. That's the move. I just personally see anything else as sending your career off the edge of the bridge with no safety net.

I don't think there is actually any official word that Houston has talked to Muschamp or whatever. I think it's all rumors and fans wanting him at this point. I don't think we have to worry about competition with UH. Not the right job for him.

Yep, in fact, word is that Boom interviewed for the position: https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/543463953045544961. Doesn't mean he was offered the job.

Didn't someone say last night that they expect the announcement to come around 2PM CT?

I don't think anyone outside of Gus's inner circle, Muschamp and Sexton have any clue when a DC will be announced.

I agree! Ooooooh Yeah!

Yep, in fact, word is that Boom interviewed for the position: https://twitter.com/...63953045544961. Doesn't mean he was offered the job.

Twitter is blowing through the roof on that tweet lol.

I understand his interest, but man it seems like a road full of potential potholes if you're wanting to establish HC credibility again.

This means the AU deal is not done, which puts everything in doubt. It doesn't look like we will know by today, which means it will likely not be Muschamp.

There is a leak coming from somewhere. It is either Houston trying to make the job seem more appealing or it's Sexton. I don't really get Sexton's motive though, I'm pretty sure Gus has his best offer on the table.

I understand his interest, but man it seems like a road full of potential potholes if you're wanting to establish HC credibility again.

This means the AU deal is not done, which puts everything in doubt. It doesn't look like we will know by today, which means it will likely not be Muschamp.

I don't think there is anything magical about Friday that means it's not him if it doesn't happen today.

I don't think there is anything magical about Friday that means it's not him if it doesn't happen today.

Friday is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in the DC by Friday, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

Friday is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in the DC by Friday, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

I tend to agree with you just for the sole fact of this weekend for Recruiting.

How reliable is the twitter-er? Lots of good hires out there. I hope Auburn is ready with a back up plan and ready to hire someone. We have a bowl game to coach and recruits to reach out to.

That's ridiculous. Who gives a crap in the long run whether it's Friday, Saturday, Sunday or even Monday if you get the guy you wanted?

Looking at this Gibbs' resume at Houston and Auburn, and pros--maybe we should be looking at him!!!

Archived