New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say they retire that Tiger Eyes logo when the take it down and bring back either the eagle through the A or Leaping Tiger.

snapback.pngTaiyushka, on Yesterday, 11:23 PM, said:

Anyone have any idea of when the new scoreboard will be in? I reckon that they're shooting to have it ready to go for A-Day and all the videos they love to show. If so, my mind is blown at how quickly these monstrous things get torn down and put up.

snapback.png cooltigger21, on Yesterday,11:29 PM, said:

A new scoreboard isn't a huge undertaking. It's not a complex operation. It's rather straightforward. Get someone that does this regularly and it can proceed at a good pace.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If the Jags new jumbotron is any indication, it's going to take them awhile just to build the support structure.

BmEwD_iIIAAmyxW.png

All that is already made. It just needs to be erected once it is delivered.Everything with that, poles and all can be done in 2 weeks or less from start to finish once they start

Anyone have any idea of when the new scoreboard will be in? I reckon that they're shooting to have it ready to go for A-Day and all the videos they love to show. If so, my mind is blown at how quickly these monstrous things get torn down and put up.

A new scoreboard isn't a huge undertaking. It's not a complex operation. It's rather straightforward. Get someone that does this regularly and it can proceed at a good pace.

If the Jags new jumbotron is any indication, it's going to take them awhile just to build the support structure.

BmEwD_iIIAAmyxW.png

All that is already made. It just needs to be erected once it is delivered.Everything with that, poles and all can be done in 2 weeks or less from start to finish once they start

They don't keep screens this size in stock at your local Best Buy. This is a custom-built order, and I would be shocked if the lead time on screen construction is less than 2 months. I wouldn't expect to see it at the A-day game. I wouldn't even be surprised if it isn't finished until shortly before the season starts.

BmEwD_iIIAAmyxW.png

They don't keep screens this size in stock at your local Best Buy. This is a custom-built order, and I would be shocked if the lead time on screen construction is less than 2 months. I wouldn't expect to see it at the A-day game. I wouldn't even be surprised if it isn't finished until shortly before the season starts.

I was speaking of the support structure. All the pieces will be made at the factory and delivered to the site ready to assemble. Once everything is brought to the site it won't take long to put up. How long it takes to actually make everything is another story.

NO. They've already said in multiple reports it will NOT be up at A-Day, not even close.

BmEwD_iIIAAmyxW.png

I was speaking of the support structure. All the pieces will be made at the factory and delivered to the site ready to assemble. Once everything is brought to the site it won't take long to put up. How long it takes to actually make everything is another story.

Can't wait! Great shot..I want one of that in our place

NO. They've already said in multiple reports it will NOT be up at A-Day, not even close.

Weird. I guess they're just not going to have any video board to play the 253784 videos they usually have for A Day.

I was wondering why not use the one just removed in place of the scoreboard in the other end. I assume there is a reason for it. Just wondering out loud.

The infrastructure is not there to support a board like that in the North End Zone ... not to mention, the NEZ is the target of an expansion/premium suites in the very near future.

I was wondering why not use the one just removed in place of the scoreboard in the other end. I assume there is a reason for it. Just wondering out loud.

The infrastructure is not there to support a board like that in the North End Zone ... not to mention, the NEZ is the target of an expansion/premium suites in the very near future.

Ok cool thanks red.

That was also answered in multiple articles. Like RIR said above the structural support isn't there for it, there's a significant remodel coming to that end soon, and the main reason is the board is WAY outdated and it makes no sense to put it up somewhere else when its obsolete and they can't get parts for it should it malfunction.

Archived