New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Can we brick all the support structure?

Hell, I'd like to see the whole section surrounding the support structure and all the steel/iron that's exposed get bricked up. The metal erector set is getting massive at JHS with this lates addition. :thumbsdown:

I thought you just hung those big LED monitors on the wall.....what's with the Lego stuff they are putting up.?

Think they were having trouble finding a stud. ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we brick all the support structure?

Hell, I'd like to see the whole section surrounding the support structure and all the steel/iron that's exposed get bricked up. The metal erector set is getting massive at JHS with this lates addition. :thumbsdown:/>

I thought you just hung those big LED monitors on the wall.....what's with the Lego stuff they are putting up.?

Think they were having trouble finding a stud. ;)/>

Check the guy wearing #71 on the OL.

This morning they are putting another section on top that adds about 15'-20' to the height of the structure pictured above. They're getting up there now

That's going to be like a massive sail ( large area exposed) sitting on that structure, anyone know what the wind rating will be when finished?

Minimum wind speed for that area is 100 mph per IBC. Not sure if they went above that in the design.

This morning they are putting another section on top that adds about 15'-20' to the height of the structure pictured above. They're getting up there now

CDsrpVwVIAAfrI1.png

It's good they can still "get it up"

It is good. The basic structure is almost as old you are, AU-24. Gettin' the structure up at age 76 is no, er, small thing.

It is good. The basic structure is almost as old you are, AU-24. Gettin' the structure up at age 76 is no, er, small thing.

I tend to agree. I just hope it all works out the first try. It just seems once the structure is up on the first try, the second and third time can be really difficult.

Did I see someone wondering if it might be over-engineered?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

As an Electrical Engineer myself, nothing can be Over-Engineered . ;)

Wait, I thought we were discussing 24, not me!

RunInRed posted today @, 03:01 PM

The first final rendering I've seen ...

CDs3mnfWoAApza1.jpg

RIR, Now THAT is a nice looking jumbotron. Keep those pictures coming.

Lessee here....5 volts at 500 milliamps. Grab that 4.0 copper over there. It oughta handle the load and any surges that might occur in this USB charger.. ;)

(Just poking fun. Better over engineered than under, that is for sure.)

Wait, I thought we were discussing 24, not me!

I think at age 76, it's got to be Mikey or Ironman. :)

Lessee here....5 volts at 500 milliamps. Grab that 4.0 copper over there. It oughta handle the load and any surges that might occur in this USB charger.. ;)

(Just poking fun. Better over engineered than under, that is for sure.)

Especially if you are sitting in the end zone underneath it.

Archived