What do we know about Louisville?

gr82b4au

I'm worried about this game actually. We could very well lose this game if we come out to a slow start. An early turnover could be the difference.

I'm right there with you. I'm picturing something like the '13 SECCG against Missouri. High scoring back and forth until we wear them down halfway through the fourth.

Missouri had a vet QB, two NFL RBs, an amazing receiver and another WR that tore it up in 2014. Louisville has none of that

Not saying they're similar teams. Lesser teams have taken us to the wire. I've watched enough Auburn football to form gut feelings...call this one a gut feeling.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm worried about this game actually. We could very well lose this game if we come out to a slow start. An early turnover could be the difference.

I'm right there with you. I'm picturing something like the '13 SECCG against Missouri. High scoring back and forth until we wear them down halfway through the fourth.

Missouri had a vet QB, two NFL RBs, an amazing receiver and another WR that tore it up in 2014. Louisville has none of that

Not saying they're similar teams. Lesser teams have taken us to the wire. I've watched enough Auburn football to form gut feelings...call this one a gut feeling.

Auburn is on a one game streak of blowing out severely lesser teams in an opener, I'd love two straight

Their mascot is a bird.

Link?

Cardinals...probably the fiercest group of songbirds in America.

pffft! They got nothing on a Tufted Titmouse, whom I have seen pull hair out of a live raccoon or dog.

• 2 weeks later...

Revisiting this thread for the task at hand.

Lots of media talk about Louisville's QB candidates, who will Petrino pick, blah, blah blah. If somebody said in May that AU vs Louisville will spotlight a strong, physical 6'4" 225 receiver with SEC experience named Williams, who would they be talking about? Maybe Louisville's Texas A&M transfer WR who changed his name this summer to Ja'Quay Savage and allegedly put on 10 lbs of muscle (and grew an inch? :-\) since last season. He's joined by UAB transfer WR Jamari Staples (6'4" 200 lbs), a highly touted frosh WR Devante Peete (6'6") and 2 other freshmen WRs that are 6'4" & 6'3".

Point being, whomever Petrino picks for QB could have a productive night even playing chuck & duck with Lawson if our DBs (& LBs) aren't learning from trying to cover our own Williams.

Lots of media talk about Louisville's QB candidates, who will Petrino pick, blah, blah blah. If somebody said in May that AU vs Louisville will spotlight a strong, physical 6'4" 225 receiver with SEC experience named Williams, who would they be talking about? Maybe Louisville's Texas A&M transfer WR who changed his name this summer to Ja'Quay Savage and allegedly put on 10 lbs of muscle (and grew an inch? :-\/>) since last season. He's joined by UAB transfer WR Jamari Staples (6'4" 200 lbs), a highly touted frosh WR Devante Peete (6'6") and 2 other freshmen WRs that are 6'4" & 6'3".

Point being, whomever Petrino picks for QB could have a productive night even playing chuck & duck with Lawson if our DBs (& LBs) aren't learning from trying to cover our own Williams.

You guys remember when Jaquay Williams was coming to AU?

Lots of media talk about Louisville's QB candidates, who will Petrino pick, blah, blah blah. If somebody said in May that AU vs Louisville will spotlight a strong, physical 6'4" 225 receiver with SEC experience named Williams, who would they be talking about? Maybe Louisville's Texas A&M transfer WR who changed his name this summer to Ja'Quay Savage and allegedly put on 10 lbs of muscle (and grew an inch? :-\/>) since last season. He's joined by UAB transfer WR Jamari Staples (6'4" 200 lbs), a highly touted frosh WR Devante Peete (6'6") and 2 other freshmen WRs that are 6'4" & 6'3".

You guys remember when Jaquay Williams was coming to AU?

He had been around the block hasn't he.

They did just have a 175 play scrimmage. And still don't know who their qb is.

Seems like a little overkill...

Sounds more like they're trying to better prepare themselves.

I looked at the 10-0 record in openers. He's 5-0 against Kentucky (Who isn't? But seriously, he did beat them with WKU); 1-0 against Western Illinois; 2-0 against Missouri State; 3-0 against Tennessee Tech; and 1-0 against Miami (last year).

2006 UK is the only FBS team with a winning record on the list of 10 wins. I feel as though this is a step up in competition.

That and they needed to give 4 qbs about 40 snaps each.

That and they needed to give 4 qbs about 40 snaps each.

True. That's a larger indicator. Otherwise I don't see the point in so many plays, seems like it would be self defeating toward the end of th scrimmage.

What to do with Louisville? Well pilgrims, we will head them off at the pass and riddle them full of holes from sharp-shooter JJ as he & the Duke & Jovon & and Roc makes them pay for the crime of thinking they could stop them.

Riffle man CWM will shoot them dead with his hired guns with the high Sheriff Carl Lawson hanging them high on the limb of the highest tree. Them birds will be plucked, clucked, and thrown to the Tiger with a huge appetite for dead birds of the Louisville kind.

As I ride off into the sunset on my Harley to live to see another massacre at the hands of our Auburn Tigers!

What to do with Louisville? Well pilgrims, we will head them off at the pass and riddle them full of holes from sharp-shooter JJ as he, the Duke & Jovon & and Roc makes them pay for the crime of thinking they could stop them.

Riffle man CWM will shoot them dead with his hired guns with the high Sheriff Carl Lawson hanging them high on the limb of the highest tree. Them birds will be plucked, clucked, and thrown to the Tiger with a huge appetite for dead birds of the Louisville kind.

As I ride off into the sunset on my Harley to live to see another massacre at the hands of our Auburn Tigers; may your days be full of orange and blue with a mean eagle by your side!

What to do with Louisville? Well pilgrims, we will head them off at the pass and riddle them full of holes from sharp-shooter JJ as he, the Duke & Jovon & and Roc makes them pay for the crime of thinking they could stop them.

As I ride off into the sunset on my Harley to live to see another massacre at the hands of our Auburn Tigers; may your days be full of orange and blue with a mean eagle by your side!

that was worth reading twice Doc!

that was worth reading twice Doc!

I am seeing double today...my meds can cause this from time to time!

He knows who their QB is, I'm willing to bet. Why hint to the first team you play? We will have to game plan for all their QB's. With us it was different, because everyone already knew JJ was going to be the guy, so they were just going to game plan for him if Gus never named a guy.

I talked to a couple Louisville alums at a golf tourney a couple of weeks ago. They seem fairly confident about their D, especially with the UGA transfers, but they were/are definitely worried about the O, unknown QB, no experience at WR or RB, and I think they said some new faces on the OL. We didn't exchange predictions or anything, but overall they seemed slightly worried.

Petrino gave Auburn fits when he was at Arkansas despite having much worse recruiting. He was 3-1 vs Auburn and the loss was in his first season. Even when Arkansas went 2-6 in the SEC, Petrino managed to beat Auburn. And the scores were not even close.

Yes, it's a whole new day at Auburn with M&M. The Auburn offense has a lot of talent, but no experience playing together as a unit. The Auburn defense has new energy and commitment, but is learning a new system. It is foolish to underestimate Petrino. I'm hoping Auburn can blow out the Cards and dominate them in every aspect of the game. But more likely, it's going to be a difficult game.

You do know that those games were not coached by Coach Gus?

Petrino's record against bammer and fsu has been miserable. Why? they had better coaching than him.

Well I think we have the better coaches and more overall talent. I do believe that both the defense AND offense are going to have growing pains in this game. There will be times where it will look ugly - first game jitters, new players, OL needs time to gel, new schemes on D, etc... but AU should win.

I would love a dominant defensive type win. :bananadance:

I talked to a couple Louisville alums at a golf tourney a couple of weeks ago. They seem fairly confident about their D, especially with the UGA transfers, but they were/are definitely worried about the O, unknown QB, no experience at WR or RB, and I think they said some new faces on the OL. We didn't exchange predictions or anything, but overall they seemed slightly worried.

Pretty much the same i've gathered from their fans. Many prefer Garner over Bonnafon. If our Dline is able to bring constant pressure..neither one of their QBs scare me much. I get they like the UGA transfers but they still lost a lot on defense so i don't get why they're more confident on D than O. I think it will be close early and we pull away in the 3rd Q.

Archived