@Jthouston_4

ChStGZNWkAAw63L.jpg

James Houston IV, OLB

Plantation, FL (American Heritage)

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 220 | 40: 4.81

247Sports: 3*

ESPN: NR

Scout: 3*

Houston is approaching 230 pounds as just a junior, and also moves around and carries that weight fairly well. Houston does a good job of reading and reacting at the linebacker position, but also flashes good change of direction when reacting to the football. His ability to take on a block, locate the football, and disengage also soaks up my attention.

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2016

Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, Cal, Clemson, FIU, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, Mississippi State, NC State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCF, USF, Vanderbilt, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

I hope we can get this guy in here for a visit and don't slow-play him. His offer list, if legit, is very impressive.

AU is the king of slow playing LB's.

Yes, and it's worked very, very poorly for us.

Here we go with plan B's. Might have to rethink my statement about AU signing an elite crop of LBer's this year. :gofig:

About that list of nine: Back when it was posted I thought in a normal year we might get one of those and two would make a great year. So I've been expecting one and hoping for two. In the meantime, if his stated offer list is accurate this Houston guy is one we should take if we can get him. He's the kind of prospect that Tuberville would make into an all-SEC linebacker. Hopefully our current staff can do the same.

Kid looks good. I like his size and on film anyway, he sheds blocks well.

If he's able to keep improving his speed and size, he could be a beast at the next level too. You can tell he plays with a bunch of passion too, always jumping all over the place. Gotta love that in a lb'er

If anyone with that offer list in plan B, we are gonna have a great LB class. TD and KJ alone are guys who would come right in and have Playin time. As I said befor 3 of TD, KJ, WI, MB, and CW is a great class. Get 3 of those guys and couple of plan "B" guys and were stacked at LB once again with the young guys like DW, RM and DD starting to show good signs in year 2.

Also Threat looked ok as a freshmen LB at Aday, so next season could be some of the best LB play we have seen in some time.

It won't take much to be the best LB play we've seen in some time. If the position is no longer an albatross around the defense's neck the improvement will have been significant.

Archived