First play vs Clemson

StuntMan06

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pettway runs a buck sweep behind Smith and Kozan 

Oh, I hope you're right.  Would love to see A LOT of that play!

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, I hope you're right.  Would love to see A LOT of that play!

I think we will, but I think we'll see it with KMart and KJ more than Kam.

7 minutes ago, EagleFlight34 said:

Dear lord please don't let us pattern anything after last season.

Amen

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think we will, but I think we'll see it with KMart and KJ more than Kam.

I'm good with that.  

They may be young and unproven (KJ's experience not withstanding) but I've seen this scenario many times over the years with AU running backs... AU may not be "reloading" at all positions yet, but they certainly reload at the RB position. QB arguments aside, I expect BIG things from the young RB's and my gut tells me they continue the tradition that is Running Back U.

War Eagle!

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

2nd play?  Bubble screen where WR gets gang-tackled for 1 yd loss.

3rd play? Jet sweep. Ball carrier tackled for a 3 yd loss.

I don't get it.  It seems like I click on other threads, but I could swear that I am in the Official Meltdown Thread.

It will be a run up the middle since we will already be up 7-0 after Watson turns to run away from Lawson and gets planted by Cowart and Adams picks up the fumble and rumbles in for the score.

8 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

It will be a run up the middle since we will already be up 7-0 after Watson turns to run away from Lawson and gets planted by Cowart and Adams picks up the fumble and rumbles in for the score.

Nice twist!

Have JFIII as the wildcat QB and let him take advantage of his 4.20 or thereabout 40 speed and just outrun any Clemson defender. Do this about 4-5 times during the game. However, have at least 2 plays where he is the decoy and let Pettway run over some defenders. We do this, we will win the game. 

7 minutes ago, StuntMan06 said:

Ouch! 4th play, fake punt, Phillips scampers 38 yards. 

I'll take it!

Just a thought, but imagine Pettaway and KJ in the backfield. You could put KP at H-Back and KJ at tailback, or flip-flop them. With KP at tailback you could use KJ as a receiver either out of the H-Back position or out of the slot. You could to to a 4-wide set with a real zone read threat with KP. It could really work with the no-huddle philosophy.

That said, I think a likely play would be counter trey to either KP or KJ. We seem to love that play.

Personally, I hope we have a solid game plan. I expect Clempson to expect us to play conservatively, especially early. As a result I expect they will be tempted to overpursue running plays. We should try to use that to our advantage.

Shotgun, Sean White gets the ball, hands off to Kerryon Johnson to the right side, runs into the butt of the right guard 2 yards. Oh, did I mention it was a designated 'read' play?

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Flea flicker for a TD. We need to remind them that this is a new season right off the bat.

As much as I would love this, I just don't see Gus doing it. Not after Louisville's 1st play against us last season.

I know it isn't the play they tried. I'm just speaking trick plays.

19 hours ago, WDEKC said:

Annexation of Puerto Rico

Epic.

Archived