Null



DAG

What the Razorpigs think about us

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

OMG ok now I know why I cant watch the Paul Finebaum show: I have to hear countless Auburn fans calling to try and convince the world that they are not Bama's stepbrother! SMH. All Auburn fans can just keep thinking that you will win by at least 3 TD's, Arkansas wont be able to score, and we might as well get on the bus at half. Meanwhile I will be on here Saturday night at roughly 9:00pm to listen to crickets chirp.....then Sunday morning I will read the posts about how Tom Herman needs to be your next coach.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




The only thing I'd say about what Arkansas has seen in opposing defenses is that there is zero statistical support for the idea that A&M is anything more than a middling SEC defense. Now, for them, that's a wild improvement over the last few years, and middling has been paired with a very, very good offense, which will win a lot of games. They just don't stack up to the elite defenses in the SEC, and there appear to be four of those:  Auburn, LSU, Bama, and Florida... in some order.

A&M isn't in the top 50 nationally in total defense, and they can't even point to playing Bama or Ole Miss as a partial excuse. The best game they've played on that side of the ball all season was in Auburn. Other than that performance, they've been average from start to finish on defense.

Conversely, Auburn has played two "elite" offenses in Clemson (30th nationally) and A&M (8th), along with a decent offense in LSU. We are ranked 30th nationally in total defense with the following pertinent numbers:  346.8 ypg; 5.05 yp play; 16 ppg

LSU has played two "elite" offenses in Auburn (28th) and Mizzou (24th), along with Wisconsin who looked good against OSU. They're 13th in total defense:  312 ypg; 4.52 ypp; 14 ppg

Bama has played one "elite" offense in Ole Miss (29th), side note they gave up 43 points in that game, and two good offenses in Arkansas (41st) and Tennessee (outside the top 50). They're 5th in total defense:  274 ypg; 4.25 ypp; 15 ppg

Florida has fattened up on bad offenses. They've played one "elite" offense in Mizzou (24th) and one decent offense in Tennessee. Still, they've played basically one bad half of football all season. Even with the UT mess, they're 3rd in total defense:  252.5 ypg; 4.14 ypp; 12 ppg

Those are the elite defenses in this conference. You can question whether UF is as good as their ranking, but they're better than A&M. The only difference is that the UF offense kinda sucks, which combined with a weird half of coverage busts to cost them the UT game.

I like Arkansas' offense. I think Enos is a very good playcaller, and I don't think the offense has very many weak links. They run the ball well. They throw the ball well. They have solid players at multiple positions. If they have a flaw it's on the offensive line, but I just kind of chuckle at the idea that their performance against A&M proves the worth of the offense. That's a middle of the pack defense on par with Ole Miss or MSU (38th nationally by the way). It's not one of the better groups in the SEC. 

 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

I truly was trying to give a simple view as to what Razorback fans were thinking (which was the point of this thread) and apparently that's no interest to Auburn fans!

The OP said nothing about 12 year old Arkansas fans though which is what you really come across as. Especially with the childish "I will come back to gloat" comment. If you want to find someone to agree with everything you say, go back to your little piggie board. Pretty silly to expect to get that from the opposing team's board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

I mean he threw for nearly 800 combined yards in those games. He got the hell beat out of him but still had success...and A&M only ended up sacking him once despite getting constant pressure.

There in lies a HUGE question... how many weeks can he take getting the hell beat out of him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the past couple of Arkansas games and watching the past couple of Auburn games, this falls right into our hands. Their offensive line is borderline terrible. Their defensive line has been gashed with the running game. This just has the cooking of a disaster for Arkansas this weekend. This will also be the most electric Auburn crowd so far this season. I don't see any way Arkansas leaves Jordan-Hare with a win. Hell, I don't even see this game being close.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

BTW:  I am coming to the game Sat.  It will be my first time to Auburn.  Any advice on what to do on gameday for an out-of-towner?  

Glad to have you at the game.  I would recommend to be in the stadium an hour before kickoff.  This way you can see all of the pageantry that we do before the game.  I am always in the stadium and hour beforehand.  If we do win the game, go to Toomer's Corner to see us roll the trees.  It is pretty cool to watch.  If the line is not too long, get a Toomer's lemonade at Toomer's Drug Store (at any time).  Auburn is a walking campus so it might be worth seeing.  The architecture is very aesthetically pleasing.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Glad to have you at the game.  I would recommend to be in the stadium an hour before kickoff.  This way you can see all of the pageantry that we do before the game.  I am always in the stadium and hour beforehand.  If we do win the game, go to Toomer's Corner to see us roll the trees.  It is pretty cool to watch.  If the line is not too long, get a Toomer's lemonade at Toomer's Drug Store (at any time).  Auburn is a walking campus so it might be worth seeing.  The architecture is very aesthetically pleasing.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

Don't forget the Tiger Walk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

BTW:  I am coming to the game Sat.  It will be my first time to Auburn.  Any advice on what to do on gameday for an out-of-towner?  

Get in the stadium early. You don't want to miss the eagle flight.  Outside of the game, try Momma Goldbergs (be warned, there will be a line), wander the tailgates (Auburn fans are notoriously welcoming), get a lemonade at Toomer's Drugs, other than that... it depends on how long you are staying and what your tastes are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Get in the stadium early. You don't want to miss the eagle flight.  Outside of the game, try Momma Goldbergs (be warned, there will be a line), wander the tailgates (Auburn fans are notoriously welcoming), get a lemonade at Toomer's Drugs, other than that... it depends on how long you are staying and what your tastes are.

^ !!! All This !!! ^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sharpbbd said:

OMG ok now I know why I cant watch the Paul Finebaum show: I have to hear countless Auburn fans calling to try and convince the world that they are not Bama's stepbrother! SMH. All Auburn fans can just keep thinking that you will win by at least 3 TD's, Arkansas wont be able to score, and we might as well get on the bus at half. Meanwhile I will be on here Saturday night at roughly 9:00pm to listen to crickets chirp.....then Sunday morning I will read the posts about how Tom Herman needs to be your next coach.

Cool story. Three words stand out in this post, "watch Paul Finebaum". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome aboard Hog fans.

I like classy and lively discussion.  Especially enjoyable when a honest, respectful opposing fan comes around and actually wants to talk game and really, I'd feel a little slighted if you didn't bring your confidence with you.  It's why the game is on the field and not the boards.. With that said - we each track our team.  There is an inherent "feel" for the direction of a program when your looking back over a body of work - last game, last few games, a season, several seasons, etc.  I honestly can say i can't get that feel for Arkansas because I'm not that deeply vested.  I have looked at a few vids trying to get a idea, but that is shallow and I know it.  But I do know that the Auburn team from earlier this season is not the same one we're fielding now.  There's been a large uptick - a kind of seeing it all come together.  Historical comparisons don't really mean that much to me.  I don't expect to see either team from earlier this season.

My prior post stated what I believe.  Ark is coming to town with both fists raised.  If both teams show up, it will be a bruiser.  I expect Ark will be full of drive and attitude.  You have a good quarterback but his mobility [as it is] and our speed rush should help us.  However if your o-line holds solid we could have issues there.  Our secondary has been playing better the last few games than I've seen in years.  Still I have my fingers crossed for consistency.  You'll run routes to cross them up or misdirect.  I expect we will give up some passing yards.  Expectations are our d-line will be disruptive but I know your o-line is prepared to step up.  I expect you'll commit an extra offensive resource to counter. If both teams play up, then I'd expect to see Ark go airborne early.  Our defense has been stout.  I expect you'll get some yards and some points but I think you'll have to fight really hard for them.  That's hard to maintain for an entire 60 minutes. 

Our offense has been executing much better.  Now that we've stabilized the backfield, we've been successfully adding play sets over the past few games.  Ark's defense will field but I expect we'll be probing for "small weaknesses."  If we come out with our running game successful early, you could have a bad day.  I half expect you'll stack the line.  Plug the runs and challenge your secondary to provide tight coverage whilst trying to hurry our QB.  This is where you might have your biggest (and most unpleasant) surprise.  I'll just say our air game is better.  I half expect we'll ground pound if we're successful but we will toss a few - count on it.

Ball protection - in this game it matters - a lot.  I'm sure both teams have that drilled into them clearly this week.  I expect low turnovers - unless one of the teams goes stupid.  Don't hold your breath.  Coming off a bye week for us and prepping our hottest players swings our way.  At home - should be loud and fun.  Um, we also have a kicker (snicker...) 

If you come, drive safe.  May be rain on the way over.  Get to town hours early to park and get settled.  

Edited by oldaufeller
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Glad to have you at the game.  I would recommend to be in the stadium an hour before kickoff.  This way you can see all of the pageantry that we do before the game.  I am always in the stadium and hour beforehand.  If we do win the game, go to Toomer's Corner to see us roll the trees.  It is pretty cool to watch.  If the line is not too long, get a Toomer's lemonade at Toomer's Drug Store (at any time).  Auburn is a walking campus so it might be worth seeing.  The architecture is very aesthetically pleasing.

Hope you enjoy your visit!

I would probably  go to toomers corner after the game. You can watch  us roll the trees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

Welcome aboard Hog fans.

I like classy and lively discussion.  Especially enjoyable when a honest, respectful opposing fan comes around and actually wants to talk game and really, I'd feel a little slighted if you didn't bring your confidence with you.  It's why the game is on the field and not the boards.. With that said - we each track our team.  There is an inherent "feel" for the direction of a program when your looking back over a body of work - last game, last few games, a season, several seasons, etc.  I honestly can say i can't get that feel for Arkansas because I'm not that deeply vested.  I have looked at a few vids trying to get a idea, but that is shallow and I know it.  But I do know that the Auburn team from earlier this season is not the same one we're fielding now.  There's been a large uptick - a kind of seeing it all come together.  Historical comparisons don't really mean that much to me.  I don't expect to see either team from earlier this season.

My prior post stated what I believe.  Ark is coming to town with both fists raised.  If both teams show up, it will be a bruiser.  I expect Ark will be full of drive and attitude.  You have a good quarterback but his mobility [as it is] and our speed rush should help us.  However if your o-line holds solid we could have issues there.  Our secondary has been playing better the last few games than I've seen in years.  Still I have my fingers crossed for consistency.  You'll run routes to cross them up or misdirect.  I expect we will give up some passing yards.  Expectations are our d-line will be disruptive but I know your o-line is prepared to step up.  I expect you'll commit an extra offensive resource to counter. If both teams play up, then I'd expect to see Ark go airborne early.  Our defense has been stout.  I expect you'll get some yards and some points but I think you'll have to fight really hard for them.  That's hard to maintain for an entire 60 minutes. 

Our offense has been executing much better.  Now that we've stabilized the backfield, we've been successfully adding play sets over the past few games.  Ark's defense will field but I expect we'll be probing for "small weaknesses."  If we come out with our running game successful early, you could have a bad day.  I half expect you'll stack the line.  Plug the runs and challenge your secondary to provide tight coverage whilst trying to hurry our QB.  This is where you might have your biggest (and most unpleasant) surprise.  I'll just say our air game is better.  I half expect we'll ground pound if we're successful but we will toss a few - count on it.

Ball protection - in this game it matters - a lot.  I'm sure both teams have that drilled into them clearly this week.  I expect low turnovers - unless one of the teams goes stupid.  Don't hold your breath.  Coming off a bye week for us and prepping our hottest players swings our way.  At home - should be loud and fun.  Um, we also have a kicker (snicker...) 

If you come, drive safe.  May be rain on the way over.  Get to town hours early to park and get settled.  

I didn't realize how much better your offense has been working.  I think a lot of Hog fans see the low point totals vs LSU and A&M and think we are playing Florida.  

If Gus puts the bus in high gear it could cause serious problems for us.  We couldn't even line up against Ole Miss some.  And I am sure there will be formations we have not seen since you guys are coming off a bye week.  This Arkansas D really seems to struggle with both of those.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Michael X said:

 

Bert? Not sure who tagged him with this moniker, I've always thought he looked like Middle-Aged Butthead.

263k94n.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

I mean he threw for nearly 800 combined yards in those games. He got the hell beat out of him but still had success...and A&M only ended up sacking him once despite getting constant pressure.

And Arky lost both games big....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RoadHog said:

I didn't realize how much better your offense has been working.  I think a lot of Hog fans see the low point totals vs LSU and A&M and think we are playing Florida.  

If Gus puts the bus in high gear it could cause serious problems for us.  We couldn't even line up against Ole Miss some.  And I am sure there will be formations we have not seen since you guys are coming off a bye week.  This Arkansas D really seems to struggle with both of those.  

There's no secret on the HUNH - you'll be ready.  Coming off a bye week for us and your recent schedule I have to wonder how aggressively we'll attack the pace of the game.  We are going to have to get your offense off the field.  I expect your guys to be motivated and play above themselves.  This should be fun.  Drive safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest weakness on Arkansas' offence is the O-line - particularly Hjalte Froholdt (#51). He tends to get lost and beaten. He got burned on a 3rd down on their first possession against Ole Miss and it lead to a drive ending sack. I believe they've moved Jake Raulerson (one of their most consistent linemen to help Froholdt). Other than that, as a whole, the rest of the line has been underwhelming. Overall, they've had better than average O-line play for the past 2 years and they aren't seeing it this year. 

I'm not convinced Austin Allen is playing as well as Brandon Allen played starting with the Auburn game through the end of last year, however, Austin is playing better more consistently than Brandon did.

Rawleigh Williams had his first great game against Ole Miss and he showed flashes against A&M (fumbled on the 1 yard line and lost confidence). Devwah Whaley is their next big runner. Everyone has high expectations for him. They haven't been using him as much as the fans would like, but they're happy with what they've been seeing. 

Their receivers can catch the ball. Sprinkle is no joke at Tight End.

 

Defensively, McTelvin Agim is about as hyped to Arkansas as Carl Lawson was to Auburn. Generally, their line is the best part of their defense.

Line backers are pretty thin. Especially with Dre Greenlaw being injured. He's been very consistent over the last 2 years. His backup (Dwayne Eugene I believe) has filled his shows well. However, I think Eugene got injured against Ole Miss, haven't heard of his status. Brooks Ellis is probably the smartest defender on the field. He doesn't have it all physically, however he is always lined up correctly and plays smart. 

One thing that really frustrates Arkansas fans is the cushion that their DBs give receivers. Other than that, they have some hard hitters. Santos Ramirez and Henre' Toliver are decent DBs. 

 

To me, Arkansas is about as good as they were last year. I can't see too many tremendous improvements. Of course, I say all of this living in central Arkansas and listening to their sports talk radio on my hour commute daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kwren34 said:

To me, Arkansas is about as good as they were last year. 

So what you're saying is we should stomp them into next week, because that would have happened without the drops, last year, and this year we are FAR better on both sides of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lionheartkc said:

So what you're saying is we should stomp them into next week, because that would have happened without the drops, last year, and this year we are FAR better on both sides of the ball.

Ideally, yes. However, this is just my take on what I hear their radio personalities and callers saying. I've also watched their games and I know they're good enough to beat Auburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bubba Petway will have his way with their D. I think eating all that tainted pork has effected the minds of all of the piggy-porkers. I think we will see pretty much the type of game we had with them in 2014. Our defense is better than theirs. Much better. I think our offense is better than their defense. I think this game will be the defining game that will have folks giving us the respect that we are due.  I think we will make Allen's head ache from the pounding he is going to get from Lawson, Monty and the gang. No illegal hits, just good old fashion "take me out of the game coach now" that will be Allen's sentiments around the middle of the 1st quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So what you're saying is we should stomp them into next week, because that would have happened without the drops, last year, and this year we are FAR better on both sides of the ball.

That depends which part of the season he means.  They got dramatically better by the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Freak said:

That depends which part of the season he means.  They got dramatically better by the end.

That seems to be Bret's MO.  His teams struggle and then win the last 2 or 3 that they shouldn't. I would never say that we are definitely going to win a game, but I can say, confidently in this case, that we are the better overall team and we should win comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope both teams come out of this game unscathed. However the only positions id give arky the edge in is experienced recievers. I think bkth are equally tallented though and qb toughness. I think sean is as good a qb but i dont know another qb thats taken that beating. I love the matchups in favor of auburn in the trenches and id tale auburns pass d over bama or tex am any day. If allen has to throw the ball a lot i love auburns chances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now