Respect for the office of President

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

'Popular vote' is the talley of all the votes taken in an election regardless of district. It's an obvious quantitative indicator of relative popularity.  

And - obviously - I didn't claim it was the way we elected our president. 

Silly rabbit weasel.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

It seems completely insane for Trump to be concerned about winning/losing the popular vote and it seems almost as insane for those of us on this board to be concerned about it. What difference, at this point, does it make? Right?

56 minutes ago, Grumps said:

It seems completely insane for Trump to be concerned about winning/losing the popular vote and it seems almost as insane for those of us on this board to be concerned about it. What difference, at this point, does it make? Right?

Well, only if you disregard how popularity ratings affect the power of the president, especially one who is not all that popular within his own party.  

I just enjoy watching everyone go all 'Kellyanne' when I bring it up.  Raptor's particularly good at it, probably because she's a weasel too.  ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Trump only cares about one thing. Himself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AURaptor said:

C2zVL0WUAAA2YG8.jpg

Exactly what it the point of dressing up as a vagina? Is she trying to be what she thinks Trump sees her as? Does she want Trump to grab her face?

6 hours ago, Grumps said:

Exactly what it the point of dressing up as a vagina? Is she trying to be what she thinks Trump sees her as? Does she want Trump to grab her face?

:gofig:   There were many of these sorts of costumes at the all important march on Saturday. From hats, shirts, headgear to full body mascot costumes of...well, you get the idea. 

8 hours ago, bigman334 said:

That's not entirely true. He also cares about what YOU think of him. <_< 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AURaptor said:

:gofig:   There were many of these sorts of costumes at the all important march on Saturday. From hats, shirts, headgear to full body mascot costumes of...well, you get the idea. 

This is probably disrespectful to women, but all I could think of when watching the march was: normally there is one woman who is angry for reasons I can't understand, but during the march ALL women were angry for reasons I can't understand!

Viva la difference!

9 minutes ago, Grumps said:

This is probably disrespectful to women, but all I could think of when watching the march was: normally there is one woman who is angry for reasons I can't understand, but during the march ALL women were angry for reasons I can't understand!

Viva la difference!

They want men to see them as more than just a sex object... so they BECOME a walking sex organ to drive home this great injustice ! 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2017 at 7:24 PM, AUUSN said:

John Lewis was there.

You know, if any other right leaning poster had made a claim about something that wasn't backed up with a link, we'd be getting called out and told to provide a link by a MOD by now.

Three different posters asked for a link to the quoted claim and so far no response or link has been given.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You know, if any other right leaning poster had made a claim about something that wasn't backed up with a link, we'd be getting called out and told to provide a link by a MOD by now.

Three different posters asked for a link to the quoted claim and so far no response or link has been given.

Have you considered he's just rattling your chains? <_<

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Have you considered he's just rattling your chains? <_<

So only AUUSN is allowed to do that and no other right leaning poster is? 

Edited by Auburnfan91

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It was an alternative fact.

Thanks for playing.

6 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So only AUUSN is allowed to do that and no other right leaning poster is? 

I didn't say he was, I was just wondering if it had occured to you.

BTW, what's your definition of 'being there'?  

Using the Spicer theory, if Representative Lewis watched it on TV, the Internet, or listened on the radio (as I did),  he counts as 'being there'.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I didn't say he was, I was just wondering if it had occured to you.

BTW, what's your definition of being there?  

Using the Spicer theory, if Representative Lewis watched it on TV, the Internet, or listened on the radio (as I did),  he counts as being there.

Had it occurred to you to that no other right leaning poster can do what AUUSN did without a rebuttal or push back from a MOD?

I don't have a definition about the Spicer theory and don't perpetuate it by using it to make a point.......... Keep knocking down that straw man. 

10 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Had it occurred to you to that no other right leaning poster can do what AUUSN did without a rebuttal or push back from a MOD?

I don't have a definition about the Spicer theory and don't perpetuate it by using it to make a point.......... Keep knocking down that straw man. 

I've never seen a mod use their authority as moderator to "rebutt or push back" anyone.  Mods can participate on the forum -  and do - just like non-moderators.

Presumably, Spicer is reflected Trump's position, so as far as Trump is concerned, Lewis was there.

You need to get on board with the new era.  

On 1/22/2017 at 7:57 PM, bigman334 said:

I certainly understand that viewpoint.  However, I  do not believe that is true.  I believe that perception is a function of observing a YUUUGE, yet very fragile ego at work.

• 4 years later...
On 1/20/2017 at 2:14 PM, icanthearyou said:

That is humorous.  They don't know which team he is on.  They are most likely terrified that he might not be on team capital but rather, team society, team America.  In their minds, the worst thing he could be is not on either the Blue or Red team.  He might actually be on the Red, White, and Blue team.

So what did you conclude? Facepalm means you concluded he wasn’t on the red, white and blue team. 😉 The thanks emoji means you’re thanking Trump for 4 years of selfless service. 😁

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2017 at 12:34 PM, TexasTiger said:

I would also say that 40 years ago most Americans would have seen it despite party affiliation. As a society, despite our differences, we've had a more shared sense of what constituted decent behavior at various points in our past.

Yep, the degradation of decency got even worse.

• Like 1

Was that 1-20-2017 post ichy's last? All I've seen since is his Marcel Marceau impersonation. 😏

• Haha 1